Windows 10: Any way to turn a headphone out into a line out?

Discus and support Any way to turn a headphone out into a line out? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is there any way for me to disable the headphone amp on the audio out jack and just have it be a line output with a fixed volume? Anything above 30%... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sergej Nadaždin, Feb 15, 2023.

1. Any way to turn a headphone out into a line out?

Is there any way for me to disable the headphone amp on the audio out jack and just have it be a line output with a fixed volume? Anything above 30% volume is way too loud and will blow the speakers on my hifi amplifier, on my previous set of speakers I had the hifi amp set to like 25% and windows glitched and set the pc volume to 100% and instantly destroyed the speakers, before the amp could even go into protection mode. Since I don't want that to happen again, i want to disable the internal amplification in the pc and have it behave as a line output, staying at a fixed volume. There seems t

:)

Sergej Nadaždin, Feb 15, 2023

2. [WTB][EU]   Beginner audiophile headphones

i would also recommend looking at the Audio Technica m50s if this is your first step into audiophile headphones.

most of the cans you listed will also need an amp to push them.

THRiLL KiLL, Feb 15, 2023
  3. Zack_L-P Win User
    Extremely bizarre issue where headphones don't work after being unplugged and plugged back in

I was going through your suggestions, until I got to this part. When I got to step 16 on that list (create a new admin user account and see if the problem persists in that account), I tried that suggestion and created a test account. At first, when I plugged
    in my headphones they weren't working (same as my original problem). But then when I unplugged them a Windows notification message popped up in the bottom right, saying something along the lines of "an audio device was disconnected". I plugged my headphones
    back in and got the same kind of windows popup asking what type of device I just plugged in, and I selected the headphone option. After that, the headphones worked fine even when unplugged and plugged back in. Unfortunately, they are only working fine in that
    alternate user account, and not in my normal one.

So I guess that means that the problem lies somewhere in my account settings, but how on earth do I fix it?

Zack_L-P, Feb 15, 2023
  4. Naki Win User

Any way to turn a headphone out into a line out?

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Any way to turn a headphone out into a line out? :)

Thema:

Any way to turn a headphone out into a line out?

1. Any way to turn a headphone out into a line out? - Similar Threads - turn headphone line

2. Any way to turn a headphone out into a line out?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any way to turn a headphone out into a line out?: Is there any way for me to disable the headphone amp on the audio out jack and just have it be a line output with a fixed volume? Anything above 30% volume is way too loud and will blow the speakers on my hifi amplifier, on my previous set of speakers I had the hifi amp set...
  3. Any way to turn a headphone out into a line out?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Any way to turn a headphone out into a line out?: Is there any way for me to disable the headphone amp on the audio out jack and just have it be a line output with a fixed volume? Anything above 30% volume is way too loud and will blow the speakers on my hifi amplifier, on my previous set of speakers I had the hifi amp set...
  4. Line out Audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Line out Audio: So i've recently bought a speaker to accompany my PC as i would like to switch from my headphones to the speaker occasionally, however I have noticed that there is no device listed in settings for my "Line Out" on the rear of my PC, however "Line In" is listed.The only...
  5. Line out Audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Line out Audio: So i've recently bought a speaker to accompany my PC as i would like to switch from my headphones to the speaker occasionally, however I have noticed that there is no device listed in settings for my "Line Out" on the rear of my PC, however "Line In" is listed.The only...
  6. Line out Audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Line in is outputting to both rear line out and front line out

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Line in is outputting to both rear line out and front line out: How do I prevent it from outputting to both? I want to switch outputs based on the current output device selected. Muting line in under speaker properties mutes it for both. I had "Listen to this device" checked before and muted the speaker and manually changed the output...
  8. Any way to find out what the updates are about?

Any way to find out what the updates are about?: I'd like to know what the updates are for. Is there any way to find out? You'd think the notification feature in Windows 10 would tell you what the last update did or at least that your computer was restarted, but nothing there. submitted by /u/ConcentricGroove [link]...
  9. Any way to permanently opt out of windows updates?

Any way to permanently opt out of windows updates?: I have found various solutions, that work for a while, but then every time something causes them to re-enable all the windows update services, things from blockers, to changing networked to metered, this has gone to far, I have lost 2 operating systems full of data to windows...
  10. No headphone out?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No headphone out?: Okay so I just tried to plug in some headphones to the back of my computer and I realized that apparently it doesn't have a headphone output. There are 3 jacks in the back: Line in, Line out and Microphone in. Line out does seem to work but I think that's intended to be used...