Windows 10: AMD Drivers not working properly

Discus and support AMD Drivers not working properly in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been using a laptop with 2 GPUs Intel 4000 and AMD Radeon HD 7600M Series but when i try to use AMD GPU it shows Microsoft basic display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Vasu3222, Nov 3, 2023.

1. Vasu3222 Win User

AMD Drivers not working properly

I have been using a laptop with 2 GPUs Intel 4000 and AMD Radeon HD 7600M Series but when i try to use AMD GPU it shows Microsoft basic display adapter. It also says that drivers are not installed or not working properly. I have tried DirectX Diagnostics and updating my Drivers, it shows AMD GPU and i do not think my GPU is dead or broken because it gets identified in AMD software, It seems to pass every test but always lags and experience Screen tear. My laptop specs :Name: HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC, Processor: IntelR CoreTM i3-3110M CPURAM:6GBupgraded

:)

Vasu3222, Nov 3, 2023
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

SSD samsung evo and amd drivers

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the AMD drivers installed on the computer.

Since the Samsung SSD is working fine with the Microsoft AHCI driver, I suggest you to update the AMD driver and check if that helps. To update the AMD drivers follow the steps from the article

Update drivers in Windows 10

If updating the drivers didn’t help, I suggest you to roll back the driver to previous build and check if that helps. To roll back the driver to previous build follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. In Device manager, expand IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers.
    4. Right click on AMD SATA Controller and select
      Properties.
    5. Navigate to the Driver tab and click on Roll Back Driver.
    6. Restart the computer.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 3, 2023
  3. TRWOV Win User
    AMD processor has stopped working properly

1. Go to www.amd.com and download the most current drivers for your card and operating system.

2. In Windows 7 go to Start > Control Panel > Programs and features. In Windows XP go to Start > Control Panel > Add and remove programs

3. Look for AMD Catalyst Install Manager in the list of installed programs. Right click on it and select "Change".

3A. If you don't find the AMD Catalyst Install Manager then most likely you're using the default Windows drivers which are severely outdated. If that's the case skip to step 5.

4. Select the third option "Uninstall all the AMD software". Follow the instructions. Restart your PC.

5. Go to your downloads folder and run the driver installer you downloaded in step 1. Select express installation and follow the instructions. Restart your PC after installing.

TRWOV, Nov 3, 2023
  4. Tenforo Active Member

AMD graphic driver not working

Hi Kamal,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

The error message you are getting is probably due to some corruption in the Display driver files. I suggest you to try the steps provided in the below methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

We recommend you to download the drivers from the section manually select drivers, from this link :

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

Go to the link under the section Manually select drivers put the graphics card information and select the Windows 10 32 bit or 64 bit .

Now uninstall the currently installed AMD card drivers an install the downloaded one.

Method 1 : Uninstall and reinstall the drivers from manufacturers website.

Sometimes even though the drivers are up to date there might be a some bugs/corruption with the drivers.

Step 1:

Steps to uninstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

1. “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

2. Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

3. Search for the Graphics Card from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
    from the computer.

4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Tenforo, Nov 3, 2023
Thema:

1. AMD Drivers not working properly - Similar Threads - AMD Drivers working

2. NVIDIA Driver Not Working Properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVIDIA Driver Not Working Properly: I have the Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 Super driver, and it usually has code 43 error on it. My Geforce Experience is unable to identify that I have the game ready driver that it wants me to download and so it keeps prompting me to download it over and over again. My Nvidia...
  3. AMD Drivers not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD Drivers not working properly: I have been using a laptop with 2 GPUs Intel 4000 and AMD Radeon HD 7600M Series but when i try to use AMD GPU it shows Microsoft basic display adapter. It also says that drivers are not installed or not working properly. I have tried DirectX Diagnostics and updating my...
  4. Sound drivers are not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound drivers are not working properly: Hi Team,Sound is not audible, I have tried to troubleshoot and found might be drivers are outdated. I have tried to update drivers but could not do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-drivers-are-not-working-properly/950a1967-1bf6-488c-a1ff-b2ac0f605f41
  5. Graphics driver not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics driver not working properly: I'm having trouble with my graphics card driver ATI Radeon HD 4250, the issue is that I have installed a really old driver and it's starting to give me some perfomance trouble 8.970.100.9001 from 1/13/2015, when I tried to update it to a newer one 30.0.14030.0 from1/25/2022,...
  6. Graphics driver not working properly

Graphics driver not working properly: I'm having trouble with my graphics card driver ATI Radeon HD 4250, the issue is that I have installed a really old driver and it's starting to give me some perfomance trouble 8.970.100.9001 from 1/13/2015, when I tried to update it to a newer one 30.0.14030.0 from1/25/2022,...
  7. Driver not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver not working properly: My 1660 super is acting weird. It has red lines on my screen and its all over, like screen tearing really bad. It say code 43, also has a yellow triangle on it and wont let me roll back my driver.Any help would be appreciative...
  8. Driver not working properly

Driver not working properly: My 1660 super is acting weird. It has red lines on my screen and its all over, like screen tearing really bad. It say code 43, also has a yellow triangle on it and wont let me roll back my driver.Any help would be appreciative...
  9. AMD Driver not working at all

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD Driver not working at all: My AMD driver has not been working for a long time and I have given up on all of it. I tried everything restarting PC installing new software and it all seems not to work. Every time I uninstall and install again it install the wrong driver before Giving me bluescreens of all...
  10. Drivers aren’t working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drivers aren’t working properly: While trying to connect a phone to my laptop, I took the advice from someone online to get it to connect. It didn’t work and I cannot remember what settings I changed. Since then every time I start up my laptop my drivers don’t work and I have to manually update them every...