Windows 10: Alt-Tab System shortcut ruining my gaming experience.

Discus and support Alt-Tab System shortcut ruining my gaming experience. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I'm having an issue playing games that use an alt modifier for certain actions. I occasionally accidentally press alt-tab and it completely removes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by seanrw95, Oct 3, 2022.

1. seanrw95 Win User

Alt-Tab System shortcut ruining my gaming experience.

Hi, I'm having an issue playing games that use an alt modifier for certain actions. I occasionally accidentally press alt-tab and it completely removes me from my game window ruining my experience. I wish to remove this feature from my device as I do not use it and it gets in the way whilst playing my games. I cannot use script editors as such things could lead to a ban on my Warcraft account. Is there anything I can do within Windows it self to stop alt tab from working whilst playing video games? I currently have Windows 11 home.

:)

seanrw95, Oct 3, 2022
  2. seanrw95 Win User

Hi, I'm having an issue playing games that use an alt modifier for certain actions. I occasionally accidentally press alt-tab and it completely removes me from my game window ruining my experience. I wish to remove this feature from my device as I do not use it and it gets in the way whilst playing my games. I cannot use script editors as such things could lead to a ban on my Warcraft account. Is there anything I can do within Windows it self to stop alt tab from working whilst playing video games? I currently have Windows 11 home.

seanrw95, Oct 3, 2022
  3. Weird alt-tab out of fullscreen games.

Hi Simon,

The multitasking capability of a game depends on the total memory of your computer. If you have large amounts of RAM on your computer, it can multitask heavy programs easily like high-end games. To ensure that we can provide the appropriate resolution
    for your concerns with the alt-tab function, we’d like to ask you a few questions:

• What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • When did the issue start?
    • Have you pressed the alt-tab key during you play Rainbow Six Siege? Or it just happen without pressing it?
    • Does the automatic ALT-TAB behavior happens on other games?
    • Do you have any other programs running on your computer while playing?
    • What is the anti-virus program you're using?
    • What is your device or system specifications? To know, follow these steps:
      1. Press Windows + S and type
        About your PC
      2. Send us the information listed under Device specifications.

Moving forward, if you're multitasking while playing, we recommend that you play this game only without doing other tasks. Pressing ALT-TAB or performing a multitasking interferes with the performance of your video card, especially if you're running a heavy
    game like Rainbow Six Siege. It will generate screen viewing issues like intermittently switching your game screen between your desktop environment.

For now, restart your game and do not press ALT+TAB while playing. This will allow your video card to dedicate its graphics performance on the game only instead of your desktop environment.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Johann Eva, Oct 3, 2022
  4. DonMurray Win User

LAST USED WINDOW SHORTCUT ? not ALT-TAB BUT

So Thank you dekayed it all works. I have noticed when in EDGE I can not crlt Tab back to Chrome but ALT TAB functions to go from Chrome To Edge. But these shortcuts are working. I have a list of WINDOWS 10 EXPLORER shortcuts but these you shared were not in the list that I found. These shortcuts you shared must be in a different category of shortcuts. Im thinking I need to read some kind of windows 10 manual or watch a tutorial on windows 10

DonMurray, Oct 3, 2022
Thema:

1. Alt-Tab System shortcut ruining my gaming experience. - Similar Threads - Alt Tab System

2. game alt + tab lag

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    game alt + tab lag: hello,I have this reoccurring issue with most, if not all, games on my pc. When I have a full screen game open and try to alt + tab into\out of the game the screen goes dark for a few seconds 2-3 usually and then goes through with the action. Any sounds active during that...
  3. game alt + tab lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    game alt + tab lag: hello,I have this reoccurring issue with most, if not all, games on my pc. When I have a full screen game open and try to alt + tab into\out of the game the screen goes dark for a few seconds 2-3 usually and then goes through with the action. Any sounds active during that...
  4. game alt + tab lag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Alt-Tab System shortcut ruining my gaming experience.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt-Tab System shortcut ruining my gaming experience.: Hi, I'm having an issue playing games that use an alt modifier for certain actions. I occasionally accidentally press alt-tab and it completely removes me from my game window ruining my experience. I wish to remove this feature from my device as I do not use it and it gets in...
  6. Alt+tab is ruined

Alt+tab is ruined: How can I get it back t working like it used to until a month ago? Because as it stands, alt+tabbing once does not always switch between the two recent windows. Sometimes it brings in a third window that was not even used for a while. For example, I can alt+tab back and...
  7. The Newest update ruined my game experience, what now ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The Newest update ruined my game experience, what now ?: Update: KB4549951 I did and since I done this I can not play games such as League of Legends. Every 3 to 4 mins I go from 60 fps down to 2 / 4 /12 it is a hard drop I can see the game frame by frame lol. Before the update everything was fine and after the update this...
  8. Alt + Tab and other shortcuts intermittently not working

Alt + Tab and other shortcuts intermittently not working: I have an intermittent problem with my work surface pro laptop. Every few days shortcut keys using the ‘Alt’ or ‘Windows key’ will stop. This has always resolved spontaneously, sometimes after a few minutes, sometimes after several reboots and a lot of time wasted!...
  9. Alt tab shortcut not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alt tab shortcut not working: just recently i tried holding down alt and tab which i had done minutes ago and it just instantly switched to the other window instead of popping up a overlay which shows all the windows. How do i fix this? submitted by /u/Arlojmikk [link] [comments]...
  10. Windows Updates are ruining my gaming experience.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Updates are ruining my gaming experience.: This isn't an issue of updates causing instability and crashes, the problem that I constantly experience is Windows trying to download and install updates, especially the Windows Defender ones, while I am gaming. They cause insane latency spikes in-game, not to mention that I...