Windows 10: Allow Input for Windows 11 Connect

Discus and support Allow Input for Windows 11 Connect in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I screencasted my phone, realme C25, to my PC, ASUS ROG Strix Windows 11, using the Windows Connect. I would like to know how to allow input from my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BonNuevo, Feb 22, 2022.

1. BonNuevo Win User

Allow Input for Windows 11 Connect

I screencasted my phone, realme C25, to my PC, ASUS ROG Strix Windows 11, using the Windows Connect. I would like to know how to allow input from my PC, mouse and keyboard, to interact with my phone. I saw and have tried it before on a different laptop, Asus Vivobook 14 Windows 10, and it works via a checkbox on the Action Center / Notification Bar thingyI do not see a similar checkbox on my Windows 11 notification bar and I can't find any option in the settings:

:)

BonNuevo, Feb 22, 2022
  2. JBCDN Win User

Mouse/Touch input for Windows Connect

I have seen at least two different extensive threads on this subject without resolution. When connecting an Android device using SmartConnect to Windows Connect, the keyboard function works but the mouse or touch input on the Windows PC does not. Instead
    a notification appears directing the user to enable touch input in the Action Center -> Connect area. Microsoft's standard answer is the following:

In the meantime, we recommend that you check the Action Center and check if you're able to see the Allow input from a keyboard or mouse option. If the option is available, follow these steps:

1. Under Action Center, click Connect button.
    2. Click the name of the device you're trying to project.
    3. Uncheck and check the Allow input from a keyboard or mouse connected to this display option. Kindly refer to the screenshot below:

Allow Input for Windows 11 Connect c21d94d9-aeb6-46a2-bb60-d52a6b691f8b.png

This, however, does not work. I have tested this on several Windows PCs with and without touchscreens and it makes no difference. The option does not present itself and therefore there is no way to control the connected device from the PC. The creen merely
    functions as a remote display. It does not mirror the Android device.

Can you provide a solution?

JBCDN, Feb 22, 2022
  3. Arun B J Win User
    'Allow a device to connect' is greyed out

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Hardware and Device troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your USB Port. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top
      right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    Step 2: I suggest you to check the Bluetooth Settings and check if it helps.

• Open Control Panel by clicking the
      Windows + X,

• In the Control Panel search box, type
      Bluetooth, and then click Change Bluetooth settings.

• In the Bluetooth Settings dialog box, click the
      Options tab and do any of the following:

• To make your computer discoverable to Bluetooth enabled devices, select the check box for
      Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer.

• To allow you to add Bluetooth enabled devices to your computer, select the check box for
      Allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer.

• To be notified when a Bluetooth enabled device is trying to connect to your computer, select the check box for
      Alert me when a new Bluetooth device wants to connect.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Feb 22, 2022
  4. Clark Ari Win User

Turn on Touch input for Windows Connect

Hi Juarez,

One of the possible reasons why this issue occurs is due to an outdated device driver, or application. This can also be caused when your Action Center settings haven't been configured to allow input from a keyboard or mouse. We would like to know more about
    the issue so we can assist you better. Please answer the following questions:

• Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    • Were you able to connect your mobile device to your PC before?
    • Have you tried updating your Windows app on your mobile device and check if the issue persists?

In the meantime, we recommend that you check the Action Center
    and check if you're able to see the Allow input from a keyboard or mouse
    option. If the option is available, follow these steps:

• Under Action Center, click Connect button.
    • Click the name of the device you're trying to project.
    • Uncheck and check the Allow input from a keyboard or mouse connected to this display
      option. Kindly refer to the screenshot below:

Allow Input for Windows 11 Connect c21d94d9-aeb6-46a2-bb60-d52a6b691f8b.png

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Clark Ari, Feb 22, 2022
Thema:

1. Allow Input for Windows 11 Connect - Similar Threads - Allow Input Connect

2. bitlocker will not allow input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bitlocker will not allow input: bitlocker will not allow input from keyboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-will-not-allow-input/ec38aef1-6a35-46d9-9d4c-73782aba38b8
  3. bitlocker will not allow input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bitlocker will not allow input: bitlocker will not allow input from keyboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-will-not-allow-input/ec38aef1-6a35-46d9-9d4c-73782aba38b8
  4. Windows 10 not allowing 2 audio inputs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 not allowing 2 audio inputs.: I'm hoping someone can help with this. My issue is that my new laptop ASUS TUF gaming laptop F15 wont recognise my elgato capture card and my mic at the same time. I can connect each one individually and they work fine but when there both connected it only shows the first one...
  5. Windows 10 not allowing 2 audio inputs.

Windows 10 not allowing 2 audio inputs.: I'm hoping someone can help with this. My issue is that my new laptop ASUS TUF gaming laptop F15 wont recognise my elgato capture card and my mic at the same time. I can connect each one individually and they work fine but when there both connected it only shows the first one...
  6. Windows 10 not allowing 2 audio inputs.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Allow Input for Windows 11 Connect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Allow Input for Windows 11 Connect: I screencasted my phone, realme C25, to my PC, ASUS ROG Strix Windows 11, using the Windows Connect. I would like to know how to allow input from my PC, mouse and keyboard, to interact with my phone. I saw and have tried it before on a different laptop, Asus Vivobook 14...
  8. How to Turn on Touch input for Windows Connect in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Turn on Touch input for Windows Connect in windows 11: Since windows 11 changed it's control centre and i cannot see the connect setting anymore on its new control centre, how can i Turn on Touch input for Windows Connect on my windows 11?...
  9. disable 'windows input experience' windows 11 to allow sli config nvidia

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disable 'windows input experience' windows 11 to allow sli config nvidia: disable 'windows input experience' windows 11 to allow sli config nvidiaif i end task textinputhost no time to update the sli configAny solutions...
  10. disable 'windows input experience' windows 11 to allow sli config nvidia

disable 'windows input experience' windows 11 to allow sli config nvidia: disable 'windows input experience' windows 11 to allow sli config nvidiaif i end task textinputhost no time to update the sli configAny solutions...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. allow input from wireless display windows 11

2. to enable input go to your pc and select action center windows 11

3. How to enable input in Connect Windows 11

4. win 11wireless display setting allow input