Windows 10: All photos gone from my laptop- no back up in OneDrive- Photo Legacy app almost loaded the...

Discus and support All photos gone from my laptop- no back up in OneDrive- Photo Legacy app almost loaded the... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I just noticed today that all of my pictures are gone on my laptop. I do not have a personal OneDrive that I backed up my pictures on. I've tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sarah Kaufman, Sep 15, 2024.

1. All photos gone from my laptop- no back up in OneDrive- Photo Legacy app almost loaded the...

Hello,I just noticed today that all of my pictures are gone on my laptop. I do not have a personal OneDrive that I backed up my pictures on. I've tried all of the troubleshooting advice given in the Microsoft forums including repairing the photo app, looking for double user accounts, etc. - so please don't suggest those support pages! My photos are NOT in the Recycle Bin either, because I have not touched my pictures in months. They are just gone.I lost thousand of old photos. They are nowhere to be found on my laptop. When I just search .jpg files on my laptop, there is nothing.I just downl

:)

Sarah Kaufman, Sep 15, 2024
  2. Bree Win User

Photo app is gone

@Lenoveo, it's actually named 'Photos' with an 's'. Is it really missing, or is it just the Tile on Start that's gone? Try typing photos in the Cortana/Search box next to Start and see if it finds it. If it does appear in the list you can right-click on it and 'Pin to Start' (or the taskbar). If it doesn't, try Brink's 'App reset' tutorial.

3. Lenoveo Win User
    Photo app is gone

Thank you, Brink for your answer, but l mean other program called "Photo" this is gone from my laptop.

Picture for "Photo" program :
    All photos gone from my laptop- no back up in OneDrive- Photo Legacy app almost loaded the... 123123d1488302097t-photo-app-gone-photos.jpg

Lenoveo, Sep 15, 2024
  4. All photos gone from my laptop- no back up in OneDrive- Photo Legacy app almost loaded the...

Photo apps legacy

Hello, BRIAN LOFTHOUSE

Seems like a new question so I split it out as a new thread All photos gone from my laptop- no back up in OneDrive- Photo Legacy app almost loaded the... :)

From my personal experience and testing, the storage location of "Photo Legacy" is different from that of your New "Photo app". Here are their detailed paths:

"Photo Legacy" is usually located at: C:\Users\User Name\Pictures or C:\Users\User Name\OneDrive\pictures

PS: The second path will appear if you have OneDrive linked to the Photo Legacy app.

New "Photo app" is usually located at: C:\Users\User Name\Pictures\Camera Roll

Even if you uninstall New "Photo app" it will not affect the storage location of Photo Legacy, which should answer your question“if I removed the new Photo app( using PowerShell) would saved Camera video's go back to Camera roll ” The two applications are independent.

Just speaking from my personal experience, I prefer Photo Legacy because it can freely add the location of folders and provide OneDrive synchronization, and it is clear at a glance in your app's setting.

This will improve the stability of the data, and there will be no situation like "Presentation suddenly disappearing and reappearing in the Camera Roll folder."

Let me know if you have any other questions, thank you

Best regards.

Chandy - MSFT, Sep 15, 2024
Thema:

All photos gone from my laptop- no back up in OneDrive- Photo Legacy app almost loaded the...

1. All photos gone from my laptop- no back up in OneDrive- Photo Legacy app almost loaded the... - Similar Threads - photos gone laptop

2. All photos gone from my laptop- no back up in OneDrive- Photo Legacy app almost loaded the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All photos gone from my laptop- no back up in OneDrive- Photo Legacy app almost loaded the...: Hello,I just noticed today that all of my pictures are gone on my laptop. I do not have a personal OneDrive that I backed up my pictures on. I've tried all of the troubleshooting advice given in the Microsoft forums including repairing the photo app, looking for double user...
  3. All photos gone from my laptop- no back up in OneDrive- Photo Legacy app almost loaded the...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All photos gone from my laptop- no back up in OneDrive- Photo Legacy app almost loaded the...: Hello,I just noticed today that all of my pictures are gone on my laptop. I do not have a personal OneDrive that I backed up my pictures on. I've tried all of the troubleshooting advice given in the Microsoft forums including repairing the photo app, looking for double user...
  4. Photos Legacy, All video editor files are gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos Legacy, All video editor files are gone: So I downloaded Photos Legacy because I had 100s of videos that I had created and wanted to work on them. All of my projects are there, but they contain none of my video files, and they say cannot find file. I have hundreds and hundreds of hours put into this. How on earth...
  5. Photos Legacy, All video editor files are gone

Photos Legacy, All video editor files are gone: So I downloaded Photos Legacy because I had 100s of videos that I had created and wanted to work on them. All of my projects are there, but they contain none of my video files, and they say cannot find file. I have hundreds and hundreds of hours put into this. How on earth...
  6. Photo apps legacy

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Photo apps legacy: Split from this thread. Hi again Chandy, just a thought! I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I liked "Photo Legacy" better than the new "Photo app". I just wondered if I removed the new Photo app using PowerShell would saved Camera video's go back to Camera roll ? My brain...
  7. Photo apps legacy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo apps legacy: Split from this thread. Hi again Chandy, just a thought! I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I liked "Photo Legacy" better than the new "Photo app". I just wondered if I removed the new Photo app using PowerShell would saved Camera video's go back to Camera roll ? My brain...
  8. Photo apps legacy

9. Not all photos are being loaded in OneDrive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not all photos are being loaded in OneDrive.: Hello. My laptop is synced with my phone and not all photos are uploaded in OneDrive, just photo icons instead. How to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-all-photos-are-being-loaded-in-onedrive/5ccfd2bd-fcab-4d7b-a523-048a3aababb7
  10. Not all photos are being loaded in OneDrive.

Not all photos are being loaded in OneDrive.: Hello. My laptop is synced with my phone and not all photos are uploaded in OneDrive, just photo icons instead. How to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-all-photos-are-being-loaded-in-onedrive/5ccfd2bd-fcab-4d7b-a523-048a3aababb7