Windows 10: All my audio sounds muffled when some games are open

Discus and support All my audio sounds muffled when some games are open in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For some reason my audio sounds muffled when I open games such as Halo Infinite, and GTA 5, and I'm not sure what the problem is, I can't find any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by alymi_epic, Apr 16, 2022.

1. All my audio sounds muffled when some games are open

For some reason my audio sounds muffled when I open games such as Halo Infinite, and GTA 5, and I'm not sure what the problem is, I can't find any sound settings in the game that fix it, it's also not just game audio it's all of my computer's audio, but only when those games are open, and I've tried reinstalling audio drivers multiple times. I'm using raycon wireless earbuds connected via bluetooth but I cant find any bluetooth related settings that fix it.

:)

alymi_epic, Apr 16, 2022
  2. G.M.7 Win User

Muffled Sound

Hello,

When I open more than one app the sound becomes muffled; for example, I'm listening to music and it sounds normal, but if I open a videogame the sound becomes muffled.

The audio driver is Conexant SmartAudioHD

Also, my headphones don't appear in the sound devices.

Does anyone know any solution?

G.M.7, Apr 16, 2022
  3. G.M.7 Win User
    Muffled Sound

1.- It doesn't solve it.

2.- If I pause the music the sound in the game continues muffled.

3.- I've updated the audio driver through the device manager but it continues the same.

4.- Will do.

Also, I should add that if I turn up the song's volume it seems to not muffle the sound from both the videogame and the music as much, but it's still there.

G.M.7, Apr 16, 2022
  4. All my audio sounds muffled when some games are open

IDT High Definition Audio Codec MUFFLED SOUND with speakers/headphones, Windows 10

Method 1 results:

Repair suggested was increase the audio device volume because the audio device volume might be too low to hear, which is not the problem.

Method 2:

I do not think IDT provides drivers and was unable to find any on their website.

Is the sound muffled because the 2011 drivers are no longer compatible with Windows 10?

What about when there is no sound through speakers/headphones with the generic audio driver?

Thank you for your help and patience,

Philippe

Philippe229, Apr 16, 2022
Thema:

All my audio sounds muffled when some games are open

1. All my audio sounds muffled when some games are open - Similar Threads - audio sounds muffled

2. My audio is muffled when playing video games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My audio is muffled when playing video games: No matter what game I play my audio from both the game itself and external sources is always muffled, static-like or worse in quality. I have tried updating my computer, updating my drivers and restarting and nothing seems to work, this issue only occurs when I'm playing...
  3. My audio is muffled when playing video games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My audio is muffled when playing video games: No matter what game I play my audio from both the game itself and external sources is always muffled, static-like or worse in quality. I have tried updating my computer, updating my drivers and restarting and nothing seems to work, this issue only occurs when I'm playing...
  4. 3.5mm audio sounds muffled but usb audio sounds fine?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    3.5mm audio sounds muffled but usb audio sounds fine?: I recently bought a Astro A40 TR headset 3.5mm Audio Jack to replace my HyperX Cloud II USB Audio headset. When I plug the 3.5mm jack in to any jack on my pc, be it my motherboard or my actual case it sounds muffled and muddy like it has too much bass. When I plug my USB...
  5. Muffled or muted sound when in call

Muffled or muted sound when in call: Whenever I start a call, be it in Skype, Zoom, Discord or Teams, the sound coming from other apps distorts and sometimes it outright mutes. Its been an issue primarily when gaming, but it occurs even with apps like Spotify. When playing, for example, Genshin Impact, the...
  6. Muffled or muted sound when in call

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Muffled or muted sound when in call: Whenever I start a call, be it in Skype, Zoom, Discord or Teams, the sound coming from other apps distorts and sometimes it outright mutes. Its been an issue primarily when gaming, but it occurs even with apps like Spotify. When playing, for example, Genshin Impact, the...
  7. Game Capture Audio Issue: Choppy, Muffled Audio

Game Capture Audio Issue: Choppy, Muffled Audio: Hello! I have successfully streamed console games from my PS5 and Switch on Twitch via OBS for about two years now. Recently however, I have been unable to get quality game audio in my stream or recordings. I tested the issue outside of OBS in Audacity and found it has the...
  8. All my audio sounds muffled when some games are open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my audio sounds muffled when some games are open: For some reason my audio sounds muffled when I open games such as Halo Infinite, and GTA 5, and I'm not sure what the problem is, I can't find any sound settings in the game that fix it, it's also not just game audio it's all of my computer's audio, but only when those games...
  9. Muffled Sound

Muffled Sound: Hello, When I open more than one app the sound becomes muffled; for example, I'm listening to music and it sounds normal, but if I open a videogame the sound becomes muffled. The audio driver is Conexant SmartAudioHD Also, my headphones don't appear in the sound devices....
  10. All my audio recordings are muffled (Windows 10)

All my audio recordings are muffled (Windows 10): I got a new Lenovo laptop (ideapad 330s) with Windows 10. I am trying to record songs on audacity using an external mic and the audio output is bad and muffled. I tried a different recording app and the issue persists. The laptop mic gives me a much worse audio output. Have...