Windows 10: All keystrokes are manipulating the volume of my computer?

Discus and support All keystrokes are manipulating the volume of my computer? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; 'Filter keys' setting is turned on to prevent it from occurring without inputs, as the volume is constantly riding up without key inputs when that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bazz _, Apr 11, 2024.

1. Bazz _ Win User

All keystrokes are manipulating the volume of my computer?

'Filter keys' setting is turned on to prevent it from occurring without inputs, as the volume is constantly riding up without key inputs when that setting is turned off.As the title says, every single key is turning up and only up the volume on my laptop. It is a Corsair Voyager that I've had no prior issues with other than a loose connection for the monitor. Issue came up suddenly and persists after restarts. No inputs from my mouse have this issue, however every key on the keyboard does including Esc, Del, and combination inputs with Win/Fn. I can manually turn the volume down however the

:)

Bazz _, Apr 11, 2024
  2. Bazz _ Win User

'Filter keys' setting is turned on to prevent it from occurring without inputs, as the volume is constantly riding up without key inputs when that setting is turned off.

As the title says, every single key is turning up (and only up) the volume on my laptop. It is a Corsair Voyager that I've had no prior issues with other than a loose connection for the monitor. Issue came up suddenly and persists after restarts. No inputs from my mouse have this issue, however every key on the keyboard does including Esc, Del, and combination inputs with Win/Fn. I can manually turn the volume down however the pop up in the bottom of the screen persists.

Drivers are all up to date, computer is up to date, and there are no new files or viruses (that win defender found)

Any open software doesn't override it including editing software for video or music, games, discord, or the setting and task manager menus.

There are no new binds in my settings for the keyboard or for accessibility, and the Fn F7 input still works to turn volume down, however it is slowed for every 'tick' that it goes down it reads an input and goes back up. Fn F6 works to mute, but again, it turns right back up on the next keystroke.

It seems like a software failure of some kind but nothing I've tried thus far has helped aside from filter keys; which that only limits it to occur on keystroke rather than constant.

Bazz _, Apr 12, 2024
  3. Win 10 keystrokes go bonkers

when I hit one key sometimes it drops down a list to select from

sometimes it takes 2 keystrokes then just hangs

if I persist in trying Win 10 logs off and I have to log on again.

maybe the keystroke autocompletion feature?

Need help. My Win 10 system is now unusable until I resolve this issur.

Using a second PC to enter this problem description.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks/

smartalecktexan, Apr 12, 2024
  4. All keystrokes are manipulating the volume of my computer?

Taptiles Volume

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

1. After opening the game, right click on the sound icon in the taskbar and select "open volume mixer".

2. If the particular game is listed, turn down the volume and check the result.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Apr 12, 2024
Thema:

1. All keystrokes are manipulating the volume of my computer? - Similar Threads - keystrokes are manipulating

2. All keystrokes are manipulating the volume of my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All keystrokes are manipulating the volume of my computer?: 'Filter keys' setting is turned on to prevent it from occurring without inputs, as the volume is constantly riding up without key inputs when that setting is turned off.As the title says, every single key is turning up and only up the volume on my laptop. It is a Corsair...
  3. Computer misses keystrokes and buzzes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer misses keystrokes and buzzes: My computer, a 2 year old HP 360 envy, has recently started malfunctioning. When typing, it often misses keystrokes and often sends signals from keys not pressed, these being the shift, caps lock, and control keys. I have tried uninstalling drivers, running troubleshooters...
  4. Computer misses keystrokes and buzzes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer misses keystrokes and buzzes: My computer, a 2 year old HP 360 envy, has recently started malfunctioning. When typing, it often misses keystrokes and often sends signals from keys not pressed, these being the shift, caps lock, and control keys. I have tried uninstalling drivers, running troubleshooters...
  5. Computer repeating keystroke with no keyboard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer repeating keystroke with no keyboard.: Hello, I have searched for hours and have not seen any situation like this.The computer repeats the "Y" key in any text box indefinitely. Even with no keyboard attached.I have tried-with no keyboard attached to desktop-in safe mode-keyboard troubleshooter -uninstalling...
  6. Computer repeating keystroke with no keyboard.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer repeating keystroke with no keyboard.: Hello, I have searched for hours and have not seen any situation like this.The computer repeats the "Y" key in any text box indefinitely. Even with no keyboard attached.I have tried-with no keyboard attached to desktop-in safe mode-keyboard troubleshooter -uninstalling...
  7. Computer repeating keystroke with no keyboard.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Manipulating drives.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Manipulating drives.: My drive C: is full and I would like to make drive D: usable as well how to I get programs to access it concurrently with drive C: ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/manipulating-drives/00302165-7d20-4467-8bbb-39107455a98d
  9. Manipulating Text

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Manipulating Text: Hello, I'm looking for a Windows or Office native way to manipulate selected text. In Mac OS , I've used automator to create services that show up in the right-click context menu. For example, I can select some text, right-click, choose my word-jumble service, and the...
  10. My computer registers keystrokes on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer registers keystrokes on its own: Hey! I recently bought a hp gaming laptop with Win10. But recently i have been facing some problens with the computer. The system eandomly regosters keystroke especially the key "a" and the down navigation key. But when i want to use the key it wont work. I tried...