Windows 10: All Icons Are Missing

Discus and support All Icons Are Missing in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Out of nowhere, all of icons to everything disappeared. My taskbar icons, desktop and file explorer icons are missing. I tried to delete the icon cache... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by to the xtreme64, Sep 27, 2024 at 5:47 PM.

1. All Icons Are Missing

Out of nowhere, all of icons to everything disappeared. My taskbar icons, desktop and file explorer icons are missing. I tried to delete the icon cache and thumbnail cache, following this guide - https://www.lifewire.com/fix-missing-desktop-icons-windows-10-5094958 But unfortunately it did not change anything for me.

:)

to the xtreme64, Sep 27, 2024 at 5:47 PM
  2. Rose Cal Win User

missing icons in start menu

Hi Wickiwizard,

It is possible that the icon of your apps in Start menu is missing due to a corrupted system files. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with icons in Start menu?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with Start menu or Cortana.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you follow the suggestion shared by
    Meliton Dec on this thread.
    The given troubleshooting steps will help repair or reset not only missing apps but also lost icon.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

3. Rose Cal Win User
    App Icons Missing

Hi Donna,

Corrupted applications are the possible causes why your program icons are missing after an update. To isolate your issue, we'd like to clarify a few things:

• When you hover your mouse over your taskbar or Start menu, are you seeing the icons for your apps?
    • Have you tried searching for a specific app and check if it will appear on the search results?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you repair and reset your applications using the steps shared by Meliton Dec on this

thread
    about restoring missing apps.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

4. All Icons Are Missing

Volume icon missing from Taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the volume icon is missing in Action center. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Open Settings and choose system.
    • Click on Notifications and Actions.
    • Click on Select which icons appear in Taskbar.
    • Turn on Volume.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 27, 2024 at 5:53 PM
Thema:

All Icons Are Missing

1. All Icons Are Missing - Similar Threads - Icons Are Missing

2. All Icons Are Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All Icons Are Missing: Out of nowhere, all of icons to everything disappeared. My taskbar icons, desktop and file explorer icons are missing. I tried to delete the icon cache and thumbnail cache, following this guide - https://www.lifewire.com/fix-missing-desktop-icons-windows-10-5094958 But...
  3. Taskmanager is not opening, all Icons are totally glitched or missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskmanager is not opening, all Icons are totally glitched or missing: Problems:Icons in these locations are missing:Every Icon within the File explorerEvery Desktop IconSome Icons on my taskbar replaced with the standard .exe iconAnd all Icons within the Control panelFile previews within the explorer.Task manager is not opening like it wasn't...
  4. All Icons are missing!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All Icons are missing!: When I turned on my PC today, I wasn't too happy to find that everywhere on Windows 10, desktop, taskbar, file explorer, etc, had no icons whatsoever. Before I turned off my PC I hadn't done anything with registry or whatever that could possibly cause something like this. I...
  5. All icons missing...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All icons missing...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/KoniGNovA [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j9d6ep/all_icons_missing/
  6. All Icons Missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All Icons Missing: Hello, I'm having an issue with Windows 10. All of the desktop icons, including file icons are missing. Everything is invisible. When I open File Explorer, the whole left panel Documents, Pictures, Videos, etc. is invisible, too. I already tried checking that desktop...
  7. ALL icons missing...from entire system...!

in Windows 10 Support
    ALL icons missing...from entire system...!: 2 days ago, I was trying to load up some vacation pics from a Cd from the DVD drive when phone rang. After returning to the 'puter, the DVD was buzzing around all over and not stopping with the screen going black. I shut everything down, retrieved the CD, and rebooted to home...
  8. All icons missing except on start menu.

in Windows 10 Support
    All icons missing except on start menu.: [img] [img] [img] [img] As you can see all the icons are missing or broken except for the ones on the start menu. Didn't really do anything before this, just played games. 78026
  9. ALL icons missing/blank (desktop, taskbar, explorer)

in Windows 10 Support
    ALL icons missing/blank (desktop, taskbar, explorer): Hi all, - Had the laptop hooked up to the TV last night via HDMI - Unplugged, then closed lid - putting it to sleep - Turned on today, no icons whatsoever. - Tried restarting the laptop - Tried restarting 'explorer.exe' Any tips for getting them back? It's...
  10. All system icons are missing

in Windows 10 Support
    All system icons are missing: I know this sounds like an easy fix but it is not. I have scoured the entire internet and experimented myself extensively on trying to fix this problem so I would be grateful if someone here would like to help me. The problem is this: I have Windows 10 Home and all of my...