Windows 10: All external mice randomly stop working until I restart Windows 11

Discus and support All external mice randomly stop working until I restart Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have recently been running into this issue where when I start my laptop from sleep also sometimes when my Bluetooth mouse reconnects from sleep all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by StoyanTonchev, Mar 7, 2024.

1. All external mice randomly stop working until I restart Windows 11

I have recently been running into this issue where when I start my laptop from sleep also sometimes when my Bluetooth mouse reconnects from sleep all external mice just don't work. They connect to the laptop but there is no input from them. The trackpad works fine, but I get no input for any external mouse. I have tried reinstalling mouse drivers, using different mice, different USB ports, and even Bluetooth and nothing works. The only possible solution is to reboot, which is really frustrating. My Bluetooth mouse still connects through Bluetooth and I can see its battery, and over USB, Wind

:)

StoyanTonchev, Mar 7, 2024

2. Mouse clicking randomly every few minutes

In Windows 10/11, my mouse randomly clicks on its own.

Very often the mouse left click will not work until I middle click. Then the mouse works as usual.

This happens with multiple games.

The games are on Steam.

This happens outside of games too.

Steps I've tried to resolve the issue:

• I have purchased a new mouse, and it has the same issue. So all mice I buy have the same problem.
    • I have tried wired and wireless mice.
    • I've update from Windows 10 to Windows 11. This should mean I have every update.

stacy kit10.us, Mar 7, 2024
  3. Alden Rey Win User
    External Mice not working

Thank you for your response. If the solution did not work for you, we suggest running the hardware troubleshooter. Simply follow the steps provided below.

Update a device driver using Windows Update

• Click the Start button, enter "Windows Update" in the search box, and then, in the list of results, select
      Windows Update.
    • In the left pane, select Check for updates.
    • On the Select the updates you want to install page, look for updates for your device, select the check box for the driver that you want to install, and then click
      OK. There might not be any available driver updates.
    • On the Windows Update page, select Install updates. Windows Update will tell you if the updates were successfully installed.

Download and install a driver yourself

• Click the Start button, type "device manager" in the search box, and then select
      Device Manager.
    • In the list of hardware categories, find the device that you want to update, and then double-click the device name.
    • Click the Driver tab, click Update Driver, and then follow the instructions.

If you require any further information, feel free to let us know.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Mar 7, 2024
  4. Arun B J Win User

All external mice randomly stop working until I restart Windows 11

After Windows update Mice is not working in Windows 10

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if I t

Method 1: Run hardware and device troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your device. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    Method 2.Try updating the latest Mice and other pointing devices from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the Mice and other pointing devices.

c. Right-click on the HID compliant mouse and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Mar 7, 2024
Thema:

All external mice randomly stop working until I restart Windows 11

1. All external mice randomly stop working until I restart Windows 11 - Similar Threads - external mice randomly

2. Mouse randomly stops working until I restart my Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse randomly stops working until I restart my Laptop: Hi! so I saw a guide about this earlier but it was for Windows 10 I believe and couldn't really follow the instructions because I think there are now new and different things so I just wanted to ask about thisA bit more info I have the ASUS TUF A15 and this issue has happened...
  3. Mouse randomly stops working until I restart my Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse randomly stops working until I restart my Laptop: Hi! so I saw a guide about this earlier but it was for Windows 10 I believe and couldn't really follow the instructions because I think there are now new and different things so I just wanted to ask about thisA bit more info I have the ASUS TUF A15 and this issue has happened...
  4. All external mice randomly stop working until I restart Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All external mice randomly stop working until I restart Windows 11: I have recently been running into this issue where when I start my laptop from sleep also sometimes when my Bluetooth mouse reconnects from sleep all external mice just don't work. They connect to the laptop but there is no input from them. The trackpad works fine, but I get...
  5. Internet stops working randomly until I restart the device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet stops working randomly until I restart the device: this is frustrating. Teams and Outlook still works but the internet has drops.Only option is to restart your device to fix internet breaking issue...
  6. Internet stops working randomly until I restart the device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet stops working randomly until I restart the device: this is frustrating. Teams and Outlook still works but the internet has drops.Only option is to restart your device to fix internet breaking issue...
  7. Internet stops working randomly until I restart the device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Internet stops working randomly until I restart the device

Internet stops working randomly until I restart the device: Hello Team! I'm experiencing a really frustrating issue on my Windows 10 PC. I lose internet access randomly during the day on my wired connection (Wi-Fi works just fine). When this happens, the internet icon in the lower right corner remains the same, shows "Internet Access"...
  9. Internet stops working randomly until I restart the device

Internet stops working randomly until I restart the device: Hello Team!I'm experiencing a really frustrating issue on my Windows 10 PC.I lose internet access randomly during the day on my wired connection Wi-Fi works just fine.When this happens, the internet icon in the lower right corner remains the same, shows "Internet Access" and...
  10. USB ports randomly stop working until I restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB ports randomly stop working until I restart: Hello, I don’t know if this is the right place to get this kind of help, but I didn't see any rules opposing it so figured I'd give it a shot. So, my USB ports all stop working at a random rate, forcing me to restart my laptop. I'm pretty sure it's not a hardware thing...