Windows 10: All apps, programs, and browsers stall and don't close correctly. PC does not shut down,...

Discus and support All apps, programs, and browsers stall and don't close correctly. PC does not shut down,... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Usually after 30 minutes or so my computer is unable to do anything mentioned in the title. Task Manager is unable to force quit and some of right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Rockie Patel, Oct 19, 2024 at 11:33 AM.

1. All apps, programs, and browsers stall and don't close correctly. PC does not shut down,...

Usually after 30 minutes or so my computer is unable to do anything mentioned in the title. Task Manager is unable to force quit and some of right click options stay on screen but semi-transparent, even after minimizing the windows and programs. Only option is to hard reset but the error persists again.Bios was updated to most recent version for TUF GAMING B450M-PLUS 2all other drivers have been updatedfull scan was done but when prompted under Virus & threat protection it saysAll apps, programs, and browsers stall and don't close correctly. PC does not shut down,... :page not availableYour IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to a

:)

2. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

3. Carlo Fer Win User
    Computer in sleep mode shuts down open programs

When your computer is in hibernate mode, does all your programs have been shut off or closed? May we know what's the specific program that you use? Let's try to reset Power schemes. Please follow the steps below:

• Right on Start button, > select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below:
    powercfg -restoredefaultschemes

• When finished, close the command prompt then reboot your PC.

Keep us updated with results.

4. All apps, programs, and browsers stall and don't close correctly. PC does not shut down,...

Icons from apps aren´t displayed correctly

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query at Microsoft community.

Do the apps work fine apart form the icons not displaying correctly? If so I would suggest you to run an SFC scan and check if it helps. If the issue persists you may run DISM command and check.

Follow this steps:

• Press Windows+X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the command SFC /SCANNOW and
        DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and hit
        Enter.
    Hope the information provided was helpful and do let us know if you need any assistance in the future. We will be glad to help.

Rohit Chettri, Oct 19, 2024 at 11:46 AM
Thema:

All apps, programs, and browsers stall and don't close correctly. PC does not shut down,...

1. All apps, programs, and browsers stall and don't close correctly. PC does not shut down,... - Similar Threads - apps programs browsers

2. All apps, programs, and browsers stall and don't close correctly. PC does not shut down,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All apps, programs, and browsers stall and don't close correctly. PC does not shut down,...: Usually after 30 minutes or so my computer is unable to do anything mentioned in the title. Task Manager is unable to force quit and some of right click options stay on screen but semi-transparent, even after minimizing the windows and programs. Only option is to hard reset...
  3. All apps, programs, and browsers stall and don't close correctly. PC does not shut down,...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All apps, programs, and browsers stall and don't close correctly. PC does not shut down,...: Usually after 30 minutes or so my computer is unable to do anything mentioned in the title. Task Manager is unable to force quit and some of right click options stay on screen but semi-transparent, even after minimizing the windows and programs. Only option is to hard reset...
  4. Is there a way to shut down the PC without closing the open programs?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to shut down the PC without closing the open programs?: I need to switch between two computers. I have to work on one intensively and would like to have the programs and websites still be open after I shut down the PC (the PC has to be taken off from the power supply sadly). Any workarounds in the year of 2024 or is that simply...
  5. Closing 1 app and shutting down while shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Closing 1 app and shutting down while shut down: Sr that my english is not very good, hope you guys understand. When I shut down my laptop, just a second, this note appear and the laptop still shut down but I dont know what is this hay how to fix it, I try to update but nothing happen. Need help plz, tks...
  6. Closing 1 app and shutting down while shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Closing 1 app and shutting down while shut down: Sr that my english is not very good, hope you guys understand. When I shut down my laptop, just a second, this note appear and the laptop still shut down but I dont know what is this hay how to fix it, I try to update but nothing happen. Need help plz, tks...
  7. Tablet shut down or sleep - all apps close

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Tablet shut down or sleep - all apps close: I am wondering if someone can explain why when I use my MS Surface Pro 7 and either put the tablet to sleep or shut down, the next time I login I have to sign-in again to all the websites I've left open.Yet when I use my non-MS computer or laptop and do the same everything...
  8. Tablet shut down or sleep - all apps close

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tablet shut down or sleep - all apps close: I am wondering if someone can explain why when I use my MS Surface Pro 7 and either put the tablet to sleep or shut down, the next time I login I have to sign-in again to all the websites I've left open.Yet when I use my non-MS computer or laptop and do the same everything...
  9. Tablet shut down or sleep - all apps close

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. When you shut down your PC, all apps are closed

in Windows 10 Support
    When you shut down your PC, all apps are closed: Hi In the past when i click on the power button and there where open programs, they wil also clossed Now i get a list with the open programs and windows will not shutdown. How can i get that when there are open programa's windows will shutdown 127130