Windows 10: AirPod MAx Headphones don't show up as an Audio device when connected through bluetooth

Discus and support AirPod MAx Headphones don't show up as an Audio device when connected through bluetooth in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have airpod max headphones I am trying to connect to my PC. The Bluetooth says it is connected. But when I pull up my playback devices they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by connor hammond, Jun 21, 2023.

1. AirPod MAx Headphones don't show up as an Audio device when connected through bluetooth

Hello, I have airpod max headphones I am trying to connect to my PC. The Bluetooth says it is connected. But when I pull up my playback devices they don't show up for me to select them. And when I pull my sound decvies in playback they show up and they "disconnected" with a red arrow over the icon. When I selected the headphone and hit connect nothing happens. I am struck and am looking for help.Thank you

:)

connor hammond, Jun 21, 2023

2. Iogear GBU521 Bluetooth Don. - Not Headphone Compatible on Windows 10?

Windows 10 version 1903

Short story: Our Iogear GBU521 Bluetooth Dongle was used on a different PC running Windows 7 to connect headphones with good-quality sound. Now, on a Dell Inspiron 580 with Windows 10, we can't get the headphones to work with the same quality anymore.

Depth: All Windows drivers are downloadable on this page of Iogear's website: Product Drivers, Firmware & Software - IOGEAR
    However, it appears as though the Windows 8/8.1/10 driver is really designed for 8 and 8.1 and not 10. That I conclude because the file name, "GBU521_GBU421_Win8_Win8.1_BT_v12.0.0.9980.zip", does not mention Windows 10, thus suggesting my bluetooth audio problems to be originating from a driver compatibility issue.

I've fiddled my life away with the following:
    • WinKey+R / "control panel" / Devices and Printer / (Insert Headphone Name) Properties / Services
    • Start / Settings / Devices / Audio
    • Start / Settings / System / Sound / Output / Troubleshoot
    • Settings within the Iogear bluetooth devices program, which comes with the driver on the aforementioned driver page.
    And have gone through many settings that branch off this list, restarting the computer after each change made. Sometimes it connect with good sound quality, but does not retain this quality after breaking the bluetooth connection (turning the headphones off, restarting PC).

Quick side note: I have a new Microsoft Bluetooth 3600 Mouse connected to this dongle that works completely fine, unlike the headphones.

A solution requires the following results, which goes along the lines of how the bluetooth headphones were connected to this same Iogear dongle on the different PC that had Windows 7:
    • The bluetooth headphones play with decent quality
    • The volume retains it's setting whenever the bluetooth connection is broken by a PC restart, or powering off/on the headphones (I've encountered configurations where the headphones always resets to maximum volume).
    • The bluetooth mouse works fine. This shouldn't be much of a concern at all.
    If we find no solutions, I will simply buy a dongle that works with Windows 10.

I can provide screenshots if needed.
    Thank-you.

ivangoabby, Jun 21, 2023
  3. gir489_2 Win User
    Windows 10 21H1 with AirPod Max does not work

I am currently trying to get the AirPod Maxs connected properly to my Windows 10 work machine. I got it to connect crystal clear audio to the head phones through Robert's AirPods Max Stereo. The audio sounded amazing and almost 1:1 from what I was used to. However, I wanted to enable my mic for Discord calls to a friend, and started messing with stuff, now NOTHING works.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08CMP5LQC

This is what I bought to enable Bluetooth connectivity.

There's currently two listed devices.

Headset: Robert's AirPods Max Hands-Free AG Audio (Sounds like complete **** on both the mic and earphones)

Headphones: Robert's AirPods Max Stereo (These sound the best when they work)

AirPod MAx Headphones don't show up as an Audio device when connected through bluetooth e560a616-054e-4ada-8865-33740037feb3?upload=true.png

I tried forcing it to look for a better driver, but nothing has worked.

gir489_2, Jun 21, 2023
  4. AirPod MAx Headphones don't show up as an Audio device when connected through bluetooth

Airpods (Wireless audio device) is connected but not listed as output audio device in windows 10

Good day everyone,

I have an issue with my airpods or wireless audio device in common which is connected by bluetooth to my laptop (running in windows 10 right now). I already pair and connect it (the airpods status is connected in bluetooth device), but I can't choose it as audio output device.

Here is a little note and condition:

- I have check the playback under sound setting in control panel menu and my airpods is not listed (and I have show disable device and disconnected device options checked).

- I have already update my sound and bluetooth driver but it's not working

- My airpods firmware is up to date and don't have any trouble connecting to my phone.

- I have try pair and repair and it's not working

If anyone has same problem and having good solution it will be great.

Thanks!

AirPod MAx Headphones don't show up as an Audio device when connected through bluetooth c0e801f3-72cb-4265-ad87-279ac5f08a06?upload=true.png

ElsimanataPtr, Jun 21, 2023
Thema:

AirPod MAx Headphones don't show up as an Audio device when connected through bluetooth

1. AirPod MAx Headphones don't show up as an Audio device when connected through bluetooth - Similar Threads - AirPod MAx Headphones

2. AirPods Max Connect But Aren't Recognized as Audio Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AirPods Max Connect But Aren't Recognized as Audio Device: As the title suggests, I've been having issues with getting my Windows 10 PC to recognize my AirPods Max as a playback device. They will connect, but will not be shown under any audio menus Sound Control Panel, Device Manager, Sound Devices, etc.. I've tried various fixes...
  3. AirPods Max Connect But Aren't Recognized as Audio Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AirPods Max Connect But Aren't Recognized as Audio Device: As the title suggests, I've been having issues with getting my Windows 10 PC to recognize my AirPods Max as a playback device. They will connect, but will not be shown under any audio menus Sound Control Panel, Device Manager, Sound Devices, etc.. I've tried various fixes...
  4. AirPods Max Connect But Aren't Recognized as Audio Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth Headphone Issues Apple AirPods Max

Bluetooth Headphone Issues Apple AirPods Max: I have Apple Airpods Max Headphones the device has worked up untill now however it recently stoped making sound. However the hands free telephony still works I've tried disabling it however it still doesn't work....
  6. Bluetooth Headphone Issues Apple AirPods Max

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Headphone Issues Apple AirPods Max: I have Apple Airpods Max Headphones the device has worked up untill now however it recently stoped making sound. However the hands free telephony still works I've tried disabling it however it still doesn't work....
  7. Bluetooth Headphone Issues Apple AirPods Max

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. AirPod MAx Headphones don't show up as an Audio device when connected through bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AirPod MAx Headphones don't show up as an Audio device when connected through bluetooth: Hello, I have airpod max headphones I am trying to connect to my PC. The Bluetooth says it is connected. But when I pull up my playback devices they don't show up for me to select them. And when I pull my sound decvies in playback they show up and they "disconnected" with a...
  9. Bluetooth headphones don't show up as audio device?

Bluetooth headphones don't show up as audio device?: I'm using a pair of Bose headphones. The bluetooth connected, I think, so it shows up as paired but in the "other devices" section, and I can't figure out how to route audio output to it....
  10. AirPods not connecting through Bluetooth

AirPods not connecting through Bluetooth: Hello, I have recently tried connecting my airpods to my Windows PC/Desktop, and there has been issues. The airpod option doesn't even show up when I click on "Add a Bluetooth Device." I've done everything and troubleshooted my whole computer. I also have done the white...