Windows 10: After windows update nothing is working as it should monitor, fn keys, laptop performance...

Discus and support After windows update nothing is working as it should monitor, fn keys, laptop performance... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So, after I updated windows on my laptop everything stopped working, I had a second monitor connected to the laptop and now it doesn't work after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by osrryes, Jul 4, 2024.

1. osrryes Win User

After windows update nothing is working as it should monitor, fn keys, laptop performance...

So, after I updated windows on my laptop everything stopped working, I had a second monitor connected to the laptop and now it doesn't work after update, fn keys as well don't work after update i've tried the fn + esc method it doesn't work, as well as the overall performance of the laptop is down, if I open a game its hardstuck to 20fps or less even though its a "gaming laptop". I've tried updating the gpu drivers Nividia and the Integrated gpu and still nothing, I've noticed that the integrated gpu says windows has stopped the device because it has reported problems Code 43 I've tried fo

:)

osrryes, Jul 4, 2024
  2. P4-630 Win User

New laptop FN keys not working [Solved]

The FN key seems to be a toggle , I don't need to press it every time I want to adjust the volume or brightness.
    With all my previous laptops I needed to press the FN key WITH the f key I needed to use, so it works slightly different on this laptop than what I'm used to.

P4-630, Jul 4, 2024
  3. New laptop FN keys not working [Solved]

Ummm, that is normal - depending on the function you are doing (assuming I understand what you are saying).

On a notebook, the Fn key is like a shift key that switches in a different set of functions for the F-Keys.

For example, in Windows pressing the F5 key typically refreshes the display. In File Explorer, it will refresh the displayed files. In a browser, it will refresh (reload) the webpage. But pressing Fn + F5 does something different, depending on your notebook. On my Toshiba notebook, if I hold down the Fn key and press F5, it switches the video output of my notebook between the notebook monitor, a connected external monitor, or both.

Bill_Bright, Jul 4, 2024
  4. P4-630 Win User

After windows update nothing is working as it should monitor, fn keys, laptop performance...

New laptop FN keys not working [Solved]

I just got a new laptop, HP Pavilion 14-bf001nd:
    HP Pavilion 14-bf001nd - Kenmerken - Tweakers

I'm quite satisfied with it but the FN keys are not working for some reason.

I can't find any specific driver update for it either..*Frown After windows update nothing is working as it should monitor, fn keys, laptop performance... :(

I did a sfc /scannow and it found some corrupt files and was unable to repair....*Frown After windows update nothing is working as it should monitor, fn keys, laptop performance... :(
    The laptop works fine otherwise.

It's probably a windows 10 problem?

Does anyone know how to possibly fix it?

P4-630, Jul 4, 2024
Thema:

1. After windows update nothing is working as it should monitor, fn keys, laptop performance... - Similar Threads - update nothing working

2. After windows update nothing is working as it should monitor, fn keys, laptop performance...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After windows update nothing is working as it should monitor, fn keys, laptop performance...: So, after I updated windows on my laptop everything stopped working, I had a second monitor connected to the laptop and now it doesn't work after update, fn keys as well don't work after update i've tried the fn + esc method it doesn't work, as well as the overall performance...
  3. After windows update nothing is working as it should monitor, fn keys, laptop performance...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After windows update nothing is working as it should monitor, fn keys, laptop performance...: So, after I updated windows on my laptop everything stopped working, I had a second monitor connected to the laptop and now it doesn't work after update, fn keys as well don't work after update i've tried the fn + esc method it doesn't work, as well as the overall performance...
  4. FN keys not working after sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    FN keys not working after sleep: hi, in addition to the hot laptop issue when going to sleep i just posted, there's also this one that when resuming from sleep the FN keys are not working. Machine is a ZenBook 13 UX325 - i read few other people having this issue. latest bios, all latest drivers, etc....
  5. Fn Key not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fn Key not working: When I try Fn key + F3 Or any other key it is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fn-key-not-working/d6e865b1-781d-4b82-944e-7e418c79ba2a
  6. Fn/Backspace/supr keys not working after updating to windows 10!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fn/Backspace/supr keys not working after updating to windows 10!: Hi. I updated my laptop from windows 8.1 to windows 10 and those specific keys just don't work. Ive tried updating the keyboard drivers, unninstalling them and installing them again, reinstalling windows 10, installed every update from windows and uninstalled them too,...
  7. Fn key not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fn key not working: Hi, My Fn key randomly stops working, sometimes it doesn't work on start-up. I have a dell g5 5590. Tried fixes: - Reinstalling HID keyboard drivers. - trying Windows mobility center, the option is absent. - Activating, reactivating through bios. - reinstalling...
  8. Fn keys not working

Fn keys not working: I recently installed the Win 10 Oct 18 update. I went to project my screen and my fn keys won't work anymore. How can I get the old keyboard drivers back so I have my fn keys...
  9. Fn keys not working

Fn keys not working: Im using sony vaio pc I had upgraded it from win7 to win10 and now my fn keys are not working except those volume functions none of them are working. I NEED HELP VERY BADLY...
  10. FN key not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FN key not working: Hello, I have a Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E531, With Windows 10 Pro,and when i click my wireless connection switch keys,Fn and f8,instead of turning my wireless connection on it makes this menu pop up on the side of my screen with airplane mode,bluetooth etc. it is very...