Windows 10: After upgrading to Windows 11, my taskbar keeps hiding away

Discus and support After upgrading to Windows 11, my taskbar keeps hiding away in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I upgraded to Windows 11 Home. My PC is a couple of years old but I got a message saying that it was eligible for a free upgrade.Windows seems to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by S Wilson1, Oct 23, 2024 at 10:12 AM.

1. S Wilson1 Win User

After upgrading to Windows 11, my taskbar keeps hiding away

I upgraded to Windows 11 Home. My PC is a couple of years old but I got a message saying that it was eligible for a free upgrade.Windows seems to be working after the upgrade but my taskbar keeps hiding itself. I have to press the windows key to bring it up. I'd like it to stay visible all the time. I've been looking through the settings but there are so many changes that I'm finding it confusing.I'd appreciate some guidance. thank you.

:)

2. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Oct 23, 2024 at 10:15 AM
  3. hide the taskbar

Hi

my name is Dennis, I'm an independent advisor and I'll do my best to help today.

follow these steps

1. On any blank area of your Windows 10 taskbar, right click to reveal a list of menu options.

2. At the bottom of the list of options, click on Taskbar settings.

3. In the Taskbar menu, ensure that the option for "Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" is enabled by clicking to turn the small lever to the right of the option blue.

4. Your taskbar should disappear automatically once the hide options are enabled.

Regards,

Dennis.

4. After upgrading to Windows 11, my taskbar keeps hiding away

Taskbar keeps resetting on windows 11

Hi, thanks for reaching out. My name is Bernard a Windows fan like you. I'll be happy to help you out today.

I understand the issue you have, there is nothing to worry I am here to help, just to confirm when you say the taskbar keeps resetting, do you mean the taskbar keeps hiding? if yes, what we will do is re-register all built-in apps such as taskbar by following the steps below:

On Powershell(admin), copy and paste the command below:

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Then hit Enter, once the process is done, restart the PC and check.

If none will work from the above solution, I suggest doing an in-place upgrade wherein it will upgrade the device to the latest version and repair all issues without deleting any files.

Kindly follow the steps from this link:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Let me know how it goes and I hope that helps.

Bernard

Lester BernardReyes, Oct 23, 2024 at 10:15 AM
Thema:

After upgrading to Windows 11, my taskbar keeps hiding away

1. After upgrading to Windows 11, my taskbar keeps hiding away - Similar Threads - upgrading taskbar keeps

2. After upgrading to Windows 11, my taskbar keeps hiding away

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After upgrading to Windows 11, my taskbar keeps hiding away: I upgraded to Windows 11 Home. My PC is a couple of years old but I got a message saying that it was eligible for a free upgrade.Windows seems to be working after the upgrade but my taskbar keeps hiding itself. I have to press the windows key to bring it up. I'd like it to...
  3. Windows 11 taskbar auto-hide settings keep resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 taskbar auto-hide settings keep resetting: I use windows 11, i have dual monitors, and upon restart and often while im using the pc my taskbar auto-hide settings will change and the taskbar will not automatically hide any longer. Is there a fix for this? Ive googled this question and it seems like an issue thats been...
  4. Windows 11 taskbar auto-hide settings keep resetting

Windows 11 taskbar auto-hide settings keep resetting: I use windows 11, i have dual monitors, and upon restart and often while im using the pc my taskbar auto-hide settings will change and the taskbar will not automatically hide any longer. Is there a fix for this? Ive googled this question and it seems like an issue thats been...
  5. Taskbar not reappearing after auto-hide in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar not reappearing after auto-hide in windows 11: I recently bought a new laptop with pre-installed windows 11, and the auto-hide taskbar option doesn't seem to work like I used to remember in windows 10.Whenever I try to make the taskbar reappear in fullscreen and yes, any application window including settings, file...
  6. Taskbar not reappearing after auto-hide in windows 11

Taskbar not reappearing after auto-hide in windows 11: I recently bought a new laptop with pre-installed windows 11, and the auto-hide taskbar option doesn't seem to work like I used to remember in windows 10.Whenever I try to make the taskbar reappear in fullscreen and yes, any application window including settings, file...
  7. my taskbar is hiding the bottom of my screen and won't go away. automatically hidng the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my taskbar is hiding the bottom of my screen and won't go away. automatically hidng the...: bottom of screen is hidden https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-taskbar-is-hiding-the-bottom-of-my-screen-and/78a5928a-6970-4a26-8977-e26a5e2bbdec
  8. After upgrading to windows 11 my touchpad gestures went away

After upgrading to windows 11 my touchpad gestures went away: I have tried to fix the settings of my touchpad on my Lenovo laptop in the control panel. There are no options to change gestures. How can I delete windows 11 and go back to windows 10 so I can get my touchpad features back....
  9. After upgrading to windows 11 my touchpad gestures went away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After upgrading to windows 11 my touchpad gestures went away: I have tried to fix the settings of my touchpad on my Lenovo laptop in the control panel. There are no options to change gestures. How can I delete windows 11 and go back to windows 10 so I can get my touchpad features back....
  10. Windows 10 Taskbar Window Preview not automatically hiding after moving mouse away

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Taskbar Window Preview not automatically hiding after moving mouse away: Hello, this issue has been around for as long, as a Windows Taskbar can preview the contents of the running applications. Expected behavior: - Hovering over an icon will show the live preview of an opened application - Moving the mouse away from the taskbar and the...