Windows 10: after upgrading to windows 11 and resetting, when i try to load Microsoft windows security...

Discus and support after upgrading to windows 11 and resetting, when i try to load Microsoft windows security... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; i have done everything i could find in the PowerShell and cmd. I've reset the computer, I've deleted windows defender folder and restarted, I've done... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Alex Marler, Aug 16, 2024.

1. after upgrading to windows 11 and resetting, when i try to load Microsoft windows security...

i have done everything i could find in the PowerShell and cmd. I've reset the computer, I've deleted windows defender folder and restarted, I've done an in-place upgrade, i don't have any school or work accounts, i did the security health checkup both with download and windows 32, i have no 3rd party antivirus, i don't have McFee, Microsoft defender antivirus policy was already disabled, and i repaired and reset the windows security. I've done everything i know of.

:)

Alex Marler, Aug 16, 2024

2. Microsoft Botches Up UEFI Support for Windows 7 on ASUS Motherboards

after upgrading to windows 11 and resetting, when i try to load Microsoft windows security... [​IMG]

Microsoft suggests updating to Windows 10 to patch Windows 7
    • Tweet
    • Facebook
    • Google plus
    • Send to
    9 Comments

MICROSOFT HAS confirmed a potentially lappy-borking problem that it won't be fixing, because Windows 7.

Woody Leonhard, the respected Windows columnist, points to a problem involving Asus motherboards, which also appear rebadged in a variety of other manufacturers' machines, and the activation of UEFI Secure Boot for Windows 7 in a patch KB3133977.

Short version: install update, welcome to Borksville, population you.

Both Asus and Microsoft acknowledged the problem. Microsoft entitled the article "BitLocker can't encrypt drives because of service crashes in svchost.exe process in Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2", but we prefer to just call it "Trevor for brevity."

The firm's advice was that it's an optional update, leave well alone, you'll be fine, or alternatively turn secure boot off.

Then Microsoft did a silly, silly thing.

It moved the update from 'optional' to 'recommended' and anyone who reads this site regularly will know what happens when Microsoft does this. That's right boys and girls - it makes it automatically install, unless you've specifically told your machine not to.

So now, if you have one of the affected motherboard and you keep your security updates automatic like wot Microsoft recommends, then your machine will stop working properly.

We should add it's not permanently bricked, but it will take some mucking about in the BIOS to fix and that's a pain even for an experienced computer user.

Microsoft has, by offering a workaround, suggested heavily that it won't be fixing the problem, though we have asked the question, so expect a response in about a fortnight.

But the real kicker is this piece of advice: "Note The Secure Boot feature is supported in Windows 10. To learn more about the security advantages of this feature and about the upgrade path from Windows 7 to Windows 10, go to the following Windows website"

Holy toledo, this company really knows how to rub people up the wrong way.

After all - if the advice is to manually avoid the update or move to a version of the operating system where there's virtually no control over updates, then Microsoft is dealing in massive contradictions.

A more cynical site would suggest that it's yet another example of Microsoft running Windows 7 into the ground and adding built in obsolescence to encourage quicker updates. But we're not that sort of site.

Its the patching to force secure boot that is the problem win 7 does not support secure boot
    hence it borks systems and well microsofts answer is Cactus >your Asshole > insert

from the inquirer

dorsetknob, Aug 16, 2024
  3. btarunr Win User
    Windows 8 Upgrade Streamlined to 11 Clicks

For those who upgrade between succeeding versions of Microsoft Windows, the upgrade installer can be cumbersome. There are way too many prompts and clicks. Microsoft is working to make the upgrade package of its next major version of Windows, for now referred to as Windows 8, streamlined to as few as 11 clicks. The new installer will be designed to perform most of its tasks without needing user input.

Microsoft will implement a new web-delivery method, where you purchase your Windows 8 license online, and the installer downloads your soft copy to you. It is pre-fed with your 25-character product key. Microsoft's next major Windows release is slated for 2012.

after upgrading to windows 11 and resetting, when i try to load Microsoft windows security... 114b_thm.jpg

Source: Winrumors

btarunr, Aug 16, 2024
  4. malware Win User

after upgrading to windows 11 and resetting, when i try to load Microsoft windows security...

Microsoft Windows Vista Prices Revealed

Microsoft has accidentally leaked some details of the price of its next-generation operating system. U.S. full/upgrade prices:
    • Windows Vista Ultimate $349/$199
    • Windows Vista Business $269/179
    • Windows Vista Home Premium $239/$139
    • Windows Vista Home Basic $199/$99
    Source: ZDNet

malware, Aug 16, 2024
Thema:

after upgrading to windows 11 and resetting, when i try to load Microsoft windows security...

1. after upgrading to windows 11 and resetting, when i try to load Microsoft windows security... - Similar Threads - upgrading resetting try

2. after upgrading to windows 11 and resetting, when i try to load Microsoft windows security...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    after upgrading to windows 11 and resetting, when i try to load Microsoft windows security...: i have done everything i could find in the PowerShell and cmd. I've reset the computer, I've deleted windows defender folder and restarted, I've done an in-place upgrade, i don't have any school or work accounts, i did the security health checkup both with download and...
  3. after resetting windows i tried to log in with my microsoft account it keeps loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after resetting windows i tried to log in with my microsoft account it keeps loading: i reset my windows computer 2 times but it keeps doing that I don't know what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-resetting-windows-i-tried-to-log-in-with-my/9f309a6f-be1f-4232-8f93-86b847f039b1
  4. after resetting windows i tried to log in with my microsoft account it keeps loading

after resetting windows i tried to log in with my microsoft account it keeps loading: i reset my windows computer 2 times but it keeps doing that I don't know what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-resetting-windows-i-tried-to-log-in-with-my/9f309a6f-be1f-4232-8f93-86b847f039b1
  5. after resetting windows i tried to log in with my microsoft account it keeps loading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. microsoft not loading when trying to load in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    microsoft not loading when trying to load in: hi!i've been trying to get into my microsoft account on the app, when im trying to play minecraftbut when im doing it it comes with a white window tab and it loads, when it finishes loading it just stays blankit goes blank after this.please help, many thanks if you can!...
  7. microsoft not loading when trying to load in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft not loading when trying to load in: hi!i've been trying to get into my microsoft account on the app, when im trying to play minecraftbut when im doing it it comes with a white window tab and it loads, when it finishes loading it just stays blankit goes blank after this.please help, many thanks if you can!...
  8. microsoft not loading when trying to load in

9. Windows 11 - PC stuck loading after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - PC stuck loading after reset: Decided to reset Windows on my Alienware/Dell PC and keep my files. The reset was successful and everything seemed fine until I got to the black loading screen. It’s been loading for hours now and I don’t know if I should try turning it off and on or just let it sit and see...
  10. Windows 11 - PC stuck loading after reset

Windows 11 - PC stuck loading after reset: Decided to reset Windows on my Alienware/Dell PC and keep my files. The reset was successful and everything seemed fine until I got to the black loading screen. It’s been loading for hours now and I don’t know if I should try turning it off and on or just let it sit and see...