Windows 10: After starting Windows 11, apps that try to connect to the internet freeze.

Discus and support After starting Windows 11, apps that try to connect to the internet freeze. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When trying to access the internet after starting Windows 11, the app that is trying to connect, whether it's a browser any browser - Chrome, Brave,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Graham Kidd, Oct 1, 2024 at 7:32 AM.

1. After starting Windows 11, apps that try to connect to the internet freeze.

When trying to access the internet after starting Windows 11, the app that is trying to connect, whether it's a browser any browser - Chrome, Brave, Firefox, Edge or e-mail Mozilla Thunderbird in this case freezes. It may need several restarts typically 4 of Windows before the app will connect. Clearing the cache, cookies, temp files has no effect. I've tried creating a new user and logging in as that user, but it still happens. It's driving me slowly crazy - can anyone help?

:)

Graham Kidd, Oct 1, 2024 at 7:32 AM

2. Apps from Windows store 10 do not connect to internet

Hi,

Thank you posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you able to connect to internet and browse?
    • Is this issue specific to Windows Store apps?
    • Are you facing this issue in Local account or Microsoft account?
    Let's try the below Steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Step 1: If installed from the Windows store try to run a
    Windows Store app troubleshooter
    and check.

Refer:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

If the issue doesn’t resolve then try next step.

Step 2: Run inbuilt Internet connection troubleshooter
    and Network Adapter troubleshooter

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter
    • Also run the Network Adapter troubleshooter and check if the issue resolves.
    Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 1, 2024 at 7:36 AM
  3. AndreePin Win User
    loss of internet connection

Hi Lawrence,

Since you are still experiening internet connection issue, what we can suggest is for you to try and have the Internet Connections troubleshooter. Kindly try the steps below:

• Right click the
      Start
      menu and select Control Panel.

• Change the
      View by: Categoryinto
      Large icons.

• Select and click
      Troubleshooting.

• Click
      Network and Internet.

• Click
      Internet Connections.

• Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.

• After troubleshooting is completed, check the status of the troubleshooter shown on the window.
    Let us know how it goes.

4. After starting Windows 11, apps that try to connect to the internet freeze.

After upgrading to Windows 10, Edge is the only app that can connect to the internet

Hi ,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

With the issue description it seems like Edge is unable to connect to network.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Set Internet Explorer as default browser

I suggest you to set Internet Explorer as default web browser and restart the computer and see if it helps.

Disable Proxy

Sometimes using proxy to connect to the internet may cause issues while connecting to the network.

Follow the steps below to disable proxy:

• Press “Windows Key” + “R”.
    • Type “inetcpl.cpl”.
    • Go to Connection.
    • Click on LAN Settings.
    • Check the box which says Automatically detect settings.
    • Uncheck the box under Proxy server.

Run Internet Connection Troubleshooter

Though you are able to use internet, there could be some problems or some settings which could have stopped Windows services to connect to the internet.

I suggest you to run the Internet connection troubleshooter to fix such issues, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type Control
    • Click on Troubleshooting
    • Click on Connect to the internet
    • Click on Next and follow the On-screen instructions

Hope this helps, get back to us if you need further assistance.

Thema:

After starting Windows 11, apps that try to connect to the internet freeze.

1. After starting Windows 11, apps that try to connect to the internet freeze. - Similar Threads - starting apps try

2. After starting Windows 11, apps that try to connect to the internet freeze.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After starting Windows 11, apps that try to connect to the internet freeze.: When trying to access the internet after starting Windows 11, the app that is trying to connect, whether it's a browser any browser - Chrome, Brave, Firefox, Edge or e-mail Mozilla Thunderbird in this case freezes. It may need several restarts typically 4 of Windows before...
  3. Some Apps cannot connect to the internet - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some Apps cannot connect to the internet - Windows 11: Good afternoon!I am looking for a little help and hoping I do not have to reinstall windows. I have several apps that suddenly cannot connect to the internet. An example is intuit QuickBooks cannot download updates or pull information from bank feeds. My Microsoft calendar is...
  4. Connect App disconnecting after trying to connect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connect App disconnecting after trying to connect: The connect app starts trying to load up my phone screen after I connect but then it disconnects after a while because i don't know it just can't and my phone screen doesn't appear either. I've already tried restarting my laptop and it doesn't work my phone screen won't...
  5. Connect App disconnecting after trying to connect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connect App disconnecting after trying to connect: The connect app starts trying to load up my phone screen after I connect but then it disconnects after a while because i don't know it just can't and my phone screen doesn't appear either. I've already tried restarting my laptop and it doesn't work my phone screen won't...
  6. Windows keeps freezing after internet connection

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows keeps freezing after internet connection: I build my daughter small energy saving desktop pc, based on core i5 T version with igpu, Gigabyte GA-H110M-S2V ddr4 version and EVGA psu. Problem first time appeared when I wanted to use internet I was using Linksys usb dongle for that - after couple minutes, internet...
  7. Internet will not connect after start up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet will not connect after start up: Hi I am now suddenly having a problem with my PC, I run Windows 10 PC about 7 years old. All of a sudden my PC does not connect to the internet. In order to connect to the internet, I have to pull out the ethernet cable, then put it back in and then it instantly connects....
  8. Windows freezes after I connect my PC to the internet.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows freezes after I connect my PC to the internet.: Whenever I connect to Wi-Fi my PC always froze. I just can't do anything other than force shut down my PC. This is getting annoying because this never happened with 1803. It was doing fine when I first installed 1809, but after I normally shut my PC down twice, this...
  9. Windows apps not connecting to internet.

Windows apps not connecting to internet.: Only apps owned by windows like EDGE, STORE, NEWS, MAP, SPORTS etc are not connecting to internet, everything else(All third party apps) is working just fine. This is windows 10 PC....
  10. Internet connection freezes

Internet connection freezes: Like the title says, my internet connection has been freezing constantly and I haven't been able to fix it through the basic Device Manager options. It's only this PC that gets this problem, my phone and other devices don't get this. I use speedtest.net to check for...