Windows 10: After shutdown/restart the power button is still blinking

Discus and support After shutdown/restart the power button is still blinking in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi I'm at windows 11, when I either shutdown or restart my laptop the screen goes shut but the power button is still blinking and if I press any button... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Whiff_Cream, Nov 12, 2022.

1. After shutdown/restart the power button is still blinking

Hi I'm at windows 11, when I either shutdown or restart my laptop the screen goes shut but the power button is still blinking and if I press any button the screen shows the typical thing you see after turning it on.

:)

Whiff_Cream, Nov 12, 2022
  2. Sirron Win User

Windows 10 started not powering off on shutdown or restarting

One of my laptops, the HP Elitebook 8460P with Windows 10 Creators Update, latest drivers and updates, started not power off on shutdown. It doesn't matter if I do a regular shutdown, Shift Shutdown, Restart, Safe Mode, "shutdown /s /t 0", it just goes through the steps and says shutting down services, then shutting down or restarting depending on which one I pick and does the bubbles in a circle and the mouse cursor still works and that's it. I have to hold down the power button to force it to turn off. Nothing shows up in the Event Viewer, I tried SFC & DISM /Restorehealth, chkdsk, and they all come up clean. I tried disabling Fast Boot and hibernation, and unplugging it and removing the battery and holding down the power button. There are no other devices connected to this laptop and it is the same hardware that it has had for over two years. I tried to rollback and then disabling the Intel Management Engine that I saw some people suggested, but there is no difference. There are no blue screens, no errors, nothing logged in Event Viewer, all hardware passes diagnostics, and everything else works just fine and it boots up quickly.

Any help on fixing this would be appreciated.

Sirron, Nov 12, 2022
  3. Shutdown restart switch has stopped working in Windows 10

Hi Mike,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• What happens when you press Shutdown/restart (power) button?
    If notebook is in off condition, I suggest you to connect your notebook with power cable and allow it to charge and then try to press the power button and check if issue is solved.

If you’re notebook is in ON condition, I suggest you to set “Choose what the power button do” to Shutdown and check if it helps. To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Control Panel.
    • Under all Control Panel items select Power Option.
    • Click or tab on Choose what the Power button does
      in left panel
    • Select Shutdown under “When I press power button” and click on
      Save Changes.
    Check if this resolves the issue.

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Nov 12, 2022
  4. After shutdown/restart the power button is still blinking

Shutdown restart switch has stopped working in Windows 10

This is not the issue I am having.

It is (on-screen) Start>Power>Shutdown (or Restart) that stops working (or right-click the Start and try those on-screen buttons). For me, only Hibernate appears to work but unlike the normal process, this one takes a very long time. This can be a problem
    when I am leaving to go to work and cannot wait for the process to finish.

WildcatRay, Nov 12, 2022
Thema:

After shutdown/restart the power button is still blinking

1. After shutdown/restart the power button is still blinking - Similar Threads - shutdown restart power

2. PC suddenly shutdowns leaving a blinking power button light

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC suddenly shutdowns leaving a blinking power button light: When i was playing roblox for 1 hour or longer my pc just shuts off when i checked i noticed my pc is blinking i rebooted it it did not work i thought it was my dvd-rw drive i ejected nothing happened so does someone help me with this?...
  3. PC suddenly shutdowns leaving a blinking power button light

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC suddenly shutdowns leaving a blinking power button light: When i was playing roblox for 1 hour or longer my pc just shuts off when i checked i noticed my pc is blinking i rebooted it it did not work i thought it was my dvd-rw drive i ejected nothing happened so does someone help me with this?...
  4. Laptop power button blinking and not reacting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop power button blinking and not reacting: My laptops power button keeps blinking and so do the lights on my mouse when plugged in, yet if I press or hold the power button, the laptop doesn’t react at all, I even tried removing and reinstalling the battery, which didn’t work and the laptop has no way for me to access...
  5. Laptop power button blinking and not reacting

Laptop power button blinking and not reacting: My laptops power button keeps blinking and so do the lights on my mouse when plugged in, yet if I press or hold the power button, the laptop doesn’t react at all, I even tried removing and reinstalling the battery, which didn’t work and the laptop has no way for me to access...
  6. Why is the power button blinking light

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the power button blinking light: The power button on my laptop keeps blinking and I'm getting no power however I haven't plugged into the charger and it is indicating that it is charged and the power light on the other side of the laptop is also on indicating that there should be power but Getting atype of...
  7. Why is the power button blinking light

Why is the power button blinking light: The power button on my laptop keeps blinking and I'm getting no power however I haven't plugged into the charger and it is indicating that it is charged and the power light on the other side of the laptop is also on indicating that there should be power but Getting atype of...
  8. After shutdown/restart the power button is still blinking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After shutdown/restart the power button is still blinking: Hi I'm at windows 11, when I either shutdown or restart my laptop the screen goes shut but the power button is still blinking and if I press any button the screen shows the typical thing you see after turning it on....
  9. Power button constantly blinking

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Power button constantly blinking: i remember al my computers did this in the past, i think its just doing to let you know it processing or something like that, the windows pc i now have has a big power button with en led o ring around it. is there anyway to keep the led steady? submitted by /u/swollpug89...
  10. Blinking Yellow Start/ Power On Button

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Blinking Yellow Start/ Power On Button: When I shut down my pc at the end of the day it goes off completely and all lights disappear. However, when I start my computer the next day and press the power on button, it turns a blinking yellow and doesn't turn on. I have to turn off the power strip and wait 10 seconds...