Windows 10: After power outage second monitor won't detect signal.

Discus and support After power outage second monitor won't detect signal. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; After the power outage i turned my pc on and only my main monitor is working. I tried pretty much everything and nothing works. The second monitor is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Kryštof Šrámek, Jul 16, 2024.

1. After power outage second monitor won't detect signal.

After the power outage i turned my pc on and only my main monitor is working. I tried pretty much everything and nothing works. The second monitor is quite older and my pc is a bit newer so i had to use VGA to DisplayPort converter and it was working fine for over a year. The main monitor is just HDMI. The second monitor just says No Signal Detected!. I tried to plug it in the motherboards DP still nothing. My graphics card has 3 DisplayPorts and 1 HDMI so i tried the other 2 DPs and still nothing. Can someone please help me so i dont have to throw the monitor out and buy a new one?My specsRyz

:)

Kryštof Šrámek, Jul 16, 2024

2. Second monitor not detected windows 10

What is particularly strange is that windows 10 detects the second monitor when it is powered off, i.e. when it is only connected by the dvi signal cable. As soon as i plug in the power cord and switch on the second monitor, it disapoears from my display
    settings.

PeterStilesXZ, Jul 16, 2024
  3. windows 11 cannot detect my second monitor

Windows 11 cannot detect my second monitor. Help. I did all the suggested troubleshooting steps but nothing seems to work.

Janet Brandares, Jul 16, 2024
  4. nickchat7 Win User

After power outage second monitor won't detect signal.

Second monitor (TV) is plugged in, detected by Windows, but no signal

Today I purchased a DP -> HDMI cable to hook up from my PC’s NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2060 Super to a Toshiba 50LF621U19 Amazon Fire TV. DP end in the graphics card, HDMI end on the side of the TV, and alas, no signal.

Windows still detects the TV and interprets that a second monitor is present - the mouse can move to the second unviewable screen and do what it wants, and be brought back to the main monitor. Display settings allow me to tweak all the settings for the TV
    display but none of them make a signal appear.

Cable isn’t an issue - connects to other screens and displays them just fine. Computer shouldn’t be an issue either if it detects the TV and lets me configure the display that isn’t appearing. Computers have been able to connect to this TV just fine in the
    past, but now this one is having issues.

I’ve snooped around quite a few threads on the internet and found little to help my case here. Any suggestions?

The main monitor is an ASUS VP249QGR, 1080p @ 144Hz by the way.

nickchat7, Jul 16, 2024
Thema:

After power outage second monitor won't detect signal.

1. After power outage second monitor won't detect signal. - Similar Threads - power outage second

2. After power outage second monitor won't detect signal.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After power outage second monitor won't detect signal.: After the power outage i turned my pc on and only my main monitor is working. I tried pretty much everything and nothing works. The second monitor is quite older and my pc is a bit newer so i had to use VGA to DisplayPort converter and it was working fine for over a year. The...
  3. Monitor detected and no signal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor detected and no signal: Hi , I bought a new Monitor , i have msi laptop gf63 thin 9RCX the windows detected it but no signal , i tried 3 differents HDMI CABLES ,i tried with upgrading to windows 11I tried to Update the drivers / reinstall / unistall , I tried the bios method but my bios doesn't have...
  4. Monitor detected and no signal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor detected and no signal: Hi , I bought a new Monitor , i have msi laptop gf63 thin 9RCX the windows detected it but no signal , i tried 3 differents HDMI CABLES ,i tried with upgrading to windows 11I tried to Update the drivers / reinstall / unistall , I tried the bios method but my bios doesn't have...
  5. Second monitor detected but won't connect.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor detected but won't connect.: Hello, it's just as the title says. I recently updated Windows, and Nvidia, and now my second monitor is detected, but it will not connect. I have rolled back on both Windows, and Nvidia updates to no avail. I have tested the cable, and the monitor to make sure they weren't...
  6. No audio after a 1 second power outage

No audio after a 1 second power outage: From Googling, it seems quite a few people have had this problem specifically that audio stops playing after an abrupt power outage. I don't see any agreed upon solution yet. Yes, I ran the troubleshooter a million times. It kept saying it fixed my issues and that I needed...
  7. Second monitor TV is plugged in, detected by Windows, but no signal

Second monitor TV is plugged in, detected by Windows, but no signal: Today I purchased a DP -> HDMI cable to hook up from my PC’s NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2060 Super to a Toshiba 50LF621U19 Amazon Fire TV. DP end in the graphics card, HDMI end on the side of the TV, and alas, no signal. Windows still detects the TV and interprets that a second...
  8. No sound after 1 second power outage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No sound after 1 second power outage: So I was just watching Youtube and then the power went out for 1 second. I don't think there was a storm outside at that time, so i don't know why that would happen. My computer restarted by itself and it showed a error. I don't remember it too well, but it was something like...
  9. PC won't detect second monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    PC won't detect second monitor: I found a PC monitor in my basement, but when i tried to connect it to my PC, it could not be detected. HELP!!! 45330
  10. Windows won't boot after a power outage

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows won't boot after a power outage: Hello guys Today there was a power outage in my house while my computer was turned on. I turned on again and a BSOD with the code MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION appeared. I turned it off and turned it on and it won't boot in normal mode, it stays in a black screen. I can get into...