Windows 10: After Microsoft forced an update my computer no longer works. I now have a black screen...

Discus and support After Microsoft forced an update my computer no longer works. I now have a black screen... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been trying numerous things to get my computer to work after a forced upgrade from Microsoft. I was given the advice to force a hard shutdown... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by frustrated_400, Oct 25, 2024 at 6:12 AM.

1. After Microsoft forced an update my computer no longer works. I now have a black screen...

I have been trying numerous things to get my computer to work after a forced upgrade from Microsoft. I was given the advice to force a hard shutdown twice, then on the third time when doing this I should get in the recovery environment. This didn't entirely work. I was able to do this and reached a screen that said 'preparing automatic repair'...this led to my desktop which I wasn't allowed to click on anything. I tried this method twice. In the end the first ended with this screen...My second attempt reached a blue screen that had a qr code and a 'stop code' that said 'critical process d

:)

frustrated_400, Oct 25, 2024 at 6:12 AM

2. Black Screen During Driver Update After Microsoft forced an update my  computer no longer works.  I now have a black screen... :(

I reinstalled my laptop back to factory settings, and I wanted to update the GPU drivers. But when I try, the screen turns black during the update, but the computer is still running. I was forced to turn off the computer and turn it back on. I used system restore, so now I'm using the default drivers that came with the laptop. Can you guys suggest anything?

3. windows not booting, black screen yet safemode works

Hi Andrew,

I suggest you to force restart the computer and check whether you can boot into the computer or not.

Also I suggest you to follow the steps form the below article for
    “Black Screen”
    issues and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

Troubleshooting black or blank screens in Windows - Microsoft Support

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you

4. Peer_Sam Win User

After Microsoft forced an update my computer no longer works. I now have a black screen...

Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Thema:

After Microsoft forced an update my computer no longer works. I now have a black screen...

1. After Microsoft forced an update my computer no longer works. I now have a black screen... - Similar Threads - Microsoft forced update

2. After Microsoft forced an update my computer no longer works. I now have a black screen...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Microsoft forced an update my computer no longer works. I now have a black screen...: I have been trying numerous things to get my computer to work after a forced upgrade from Microsoft. I was given the advice to force a hard shutdown twice, then on the third time when doing this I should get in the recovery environment. This didn't entirely work. I was able...
  3. After Microsoft forced an update my computer no longer works. I now have a black screen...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After Microsoft forced an update my computer no longer works. I now have a black screen...: I have been trying numerous things to get my computer to work after a forced upgrade from Microsoft. I was given the advice to force a hard shutdown twice, then on the third time when doing this I should get in the recovery environment. This didn't entirely work. I was able...
  4. After update I now have black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After update I now have black screen: My hp envy did an update and now all I see is a black screen with HP logo. I have tried everything to get it to work. Nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-update-i-now-have-black-screen/f77f1ffe-1e27-460c-a060-9533db9feaf4
  5. After update I now have black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After update I now have black screen: My hp envy did an update and now all I see is a black screen with HP logo. I have tried everything to get it to work. Nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-update-i-now-have-black-screen/f77f1ffe-1e27-460c-a060-9533db9feaf4
  6. After update I now have black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. I have black screen after my computer crashed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have black screen after my computer crashed.: Windows automatic repair attempted repair but was unable to repair. When I logged into the task manager this is the message that pops up.Code execution cannot proceed because C:\Windows\WinSXS\amd64_microsoft.windows.common-controls-6595b641417119507e\COMCTL32.dII was not...
  8. I have black screen after my computer crashed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have black screen after my computer crashed.: Windows automatic repair attempted repair but was unable to repair. When I logged into the task manager this is the message that pops up.Code execution cannot proceed because C:\Windows\WinSXS\amd64_microsoft.windows.common-controls-6595b641417119507e\COMCTL32.dII was not...
  9. Windows 10 is now forcing an update on my computer. After having parameters to not force it.

Windows 10 is now forcing an update on my computer. After having parameters to not force it.: So please someone tell me why, since my log in today, I now have no option to shut down, but only to shut down with updating?For my own reasons and compatibility, I do not want this update as it will ruin some of my programs, literally. And I will keep my reasons at that.Here...
  10. Forced update then black screen after

Forced update then black screen after: Hi everyone. I need help on my tablet. I was using it normally the other day when a a sudden pop up told me that i need to restart my computer, i declined and continued my work. After several minutes without any notification at all, my computer just restarted on its own and...