Windows 10: After Factory reset still prompted for sign in, but sign in is impossible

Discus and support After Factory reset still prompted for sign in, but sign in is impossible in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; my parents gave me their old windows 10 laptop, and i decided to factory reset it. the problem is that it still prompts me to sign in under my mom's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tyler Wells_048, Aug 10, 2024.

1. After Factory reset still prompted for sign in, but sign in is impossible

my parents gave me their old windows 10 laptop, and i decided to factory reset it. the problem is that it still prompts me to sign in under my mom's account, and when i enter the password it says, "The User Profile Service service failed the sign in. User profile cannot be loaded." i tried following the steps here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-factory-reset-still-prompted-for-sign-in-but/350b03e5-bdae-46b9-98f6-9ac7ac13444d, but nothing worked, and i am still greeted with this. what do i do?

:)

Tyler Wells_048, Aug 10, 2024

2. After Factory reset still prompted for sign in, but sign in is impossible

Got my wife a new laptop. Planning to gift her old desktop to a family member. We performed a factory reset clearing all information from the old desktop. After the reset complete it is still prompting my wife to sign in with her microsoft profile information. The problem NOW is that we are unable to do so. Whether she enters her PIN or her PASSWORD we still get an error: "the profile service service failed the sign in". I have tried every troubleshooting suggestion I could find and have been unable to work around the issue. How can I complete the factory reset and remove my wife's profile so it allows the family member we are gifting to to setup their own?

scott johnson1, Aug 10, 2024
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Aug 10, 2024
  4. After Factory reset still prompted for sign in, but sign in is impossible

Lumia 535 - I can't sign in to microsoft account after factory reset

I can't sign in to microsoft account after factory reset in my Lumia 535. I am trying since last one month to sign in, but every time it is showing error. KIndly suggest a way forward.

Ashutosh Chaudhury, Aug 10, 2024
Thema:

After Factory reset still prompted for sign in, but sign in is impossible

1. After Factory reset still prompted for sign in, but sign in is impossible - Similar Threads - Factory reset still

2. After Factory reset still prompted for sign in, but sign in is impossible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Factory reset still prompted for sign in, but sign in is impossible: my parents gave me their old windows 10 laptop, and i decided to factory reset it. the problem is that it still prompts me to sign in under my mom's account, and when i enter the password it says, "The User Profile Service service failed the sign in. User profile cannot be...
  3. After Factory reset still prompted for sign in, but sign in is impossible

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    After Factory reset still prompted for sign in, but sign in is impossible: my parents gave me their old windows 10 laptop, and i decided to factory reset it. the problem is that it still prompts me to sign in under my mom's account, and when i enter the password it says, "The User Profile Service service failed the sign in. User profile cannot be...
  4. After Factory reset still prompted for sign in, Cant boot in safe mode tried factory reset

After Factory reset still prompted for sign in, Cant boot in safe mode tried factory reset: PIN or PASSWORD I still get an error: "the profile service service failed the sign in". I have tried every troubleshooting suggestion I could find and have been unable to work around the issue. How can I complete the factory reset and remove my old profile so it allows me to...
  5. After Factory reset still prompted for sign in, Cant boot in safe mode tried factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Factory reset still prompted for sign in, Cant boot in safe mode tried factory reset: PIN or PASSWORD I still get an error: "the profile service service failed the sign in". I have tried every troubleshooting suggestion I could find and have been unable to work around the issue. How can I complete the factory reset and remove my old profile so it allows me to...
  6. After Factory reset still prompted for sign in, Cant boot in safe mode tried factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. After Factory reset still prompted for sign in, but sign in is impossible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Factory reset still prompted for sign in, but sign in is impossible: Got my wife a new laptop. Planning to gift her old desktop to a family member. We performed a factory reset clearing all information from the old desktop. After the reset complete it is still prompting my wife to sign in with her microsoft profile information. The problem NOW...
  8. After Factory reset still prompted for sign in, but sign in is impossible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After Factory reset still prompted for sign in, but sign in is impossible: Got my wife a new laptop. Planning to gift her old desktop to a family member. We performed a factory reset clearing all information from the old desktop. After the reset complete it is still prompting my wife to sign in with her microsoft profile information. The problem NOW...
  9. After Factory reset still prompted for sign in, but sign in is impossible

10. Can't sign in after factory reset

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't sign in after factory reset: Ok, so I have problem last 3 days. Im factory reseted laptop and now i can't sign in. And I reseted whole laptop so my local account is propably deleted and if I use Microsoft account I can't still sign in. Im trying to somehow create new administrator through safe mod...