Windows 10: Adobe apps do not automatically open despite being set to default, opens personal files only.

Discus and support Adobe apps do not automatically open despite being set to default, opens personal files only. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When attempting to double-click an Adobe related file pdf, photoshop file, illustrator file, etc. the program will not automatically open the file,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Luke McNulty, Sep 25, 2024 at 9:07 AM.

1. Adobe apps do not automatically open despite being set to default, opens personal files only.

When attempting to double-click an Adobe related file pdf, photoshop file, illustrator file, etc. the program will not automatically open the file, instead we will receive a prompt to "Select a work app to open this file" and it states that the default app opens personal files only. If we then click on the default program it will open just fine. We aren't sure what is causing this, but we have only noticed this issue since upgrading our corporate devices to Windows 11.

:)

Luke McNulty, Sep 25, 2024 at 9:07 AM
  2. topgundcp Win User

Adobe Bridge: cannot set as default in Settings Menu

Adobe Bridge is actually a Photo Organizer, it is not designed for single image viewer so if you want to set it as default to open every time you double click a .jpg/.png. Bridge will open the whole folder containing the .jpg/.png that you selected. If this is what you want then try the followings:
    1. Right click on the .jpg ->Open With->Choose another App
    2. If Bridge is on the list. Hi-lite it and put a check mark on: "Always use this app to open .jpg file". If not go to step 3
    3. If Bridge is not on the list scroll to the bottom then select then click on "More Apps"
    4. If Bridge is still not on the list then scroll to bottom again and select "Look for another App on this PC"
    5. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Bridge and select "Bridge.exe" ====>64bit
      Or: C:\Program Files (X86)\Adbode\Adobe Bridge and select "Bridge.exe" ====> 32bit
      then put a check mark on "Always use this app to open .jpg file"
    6. Do the same for .png file.

3. Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro not listed under set default program

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As you are unable to set Adobe Acrobat as default program from settings, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Navigate to the file which you want to open using Adobe Acrobat.
    • Right click on the file and select Open with and click on
      choose another app
    • Check if Adobe Acrobat is listed in the programs list.
    • If not then click on Look for another app on this PC.
    • Navigate to the location where Adobe Acrobat is installed and select the same.
    • Check the box for Always use this app to open files and click on
      OK.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 25, 2024 at 9:10 AM
  4. Mala_S Win User

Adobe apps do not automatically open despite being set to default, opens personal files only.

Not able to set default opening app to Adobe PDF 8.1 on pdf files

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

1. Which update was installed on the computer?

There are few reasons that can be considered as to why you are having issues with preferred default applications on the device. It can be because of an update that was installed on the computer. Kindly follow the below steps and
    make the necessary changes to resolve the issue.

Step 1: Change default apps through control Panel.

• Open Control Panel by typing Control Panel in Start menu and then press
      Enter key.
    • Change the Control Panel View by to Small icons. Click
      Default Programs to open Default Programs window.
    • Select the first option- Set your default programs.
    • In the left-pane, select your web browser or any other program that you want to set as your default program.
    • Once you select a program or app, you will see
      Set this program as default
      option on the right-side. Click set this program as default option to set it as default.

Step 2: To choose default apps by File type in Settings.

• Open Settings > Click on
      Apps
      > Select Default apps from the left pane.
    • Click on Choose default apps by file type option from the bottom of the right pane.
    • Click on Choose a default option and choose an app to always open the file type with by default.

Additional Information: You may have to go through the article on

Make Acrobat or Reader the default owner of PDF files on Windows 10

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Mala.S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Thema:

Adobe apps do not automatically open despite being set to default, opens personal files only.

1. Adobe apps do not automatically open despite being set to default, opens personal files only. - Similar Threads - Adobe apps automatically

2. Adobe apps do not automatically open despite being set to default, opens personal files only.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adobe apps do not automatically open despite being set to default, opens personal files only.: When attempting to double-click an Adobe related file pdf, photoshop file, illustrator file, etc. the program will not automatically open the file, instead we will receive a prompt to "Select a work app to open this file" and it states that the default app opens personal...
  3. App always opens minimized despite being set to open maximized

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    App always opens minimized despite being set to open maximized: I have set all of my apps to open in maximized window but they always open up in minimized window especially ms teams, chrome and Outlook PWA. Can anyone assist me with this problem?...
  4. App always opens minimized despite being set to open maximized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App always opens minimized despite being set to open maximized: I have set all of my apps to open in maximized window but they always open up in minimized window especially ms teams, chrome and Outlook PWA. Can anyone assist me with this problem?...
  5. App always opens minimized despite being set to open maximized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. App always opens minimized despite being set to open maximized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App always opens minimized despite being set to open maximized: Whenever I try to open Skype, it opens minimized. I went into the properties menu and changed the default to maximized, but every time I open the app it still opens minimized. Not sure whether the issue is with Windows or Skype but it is very frustrating, the app is basically...
  7. App always opens minimized despite being set to open maximized

App always opens minimized despite being set to open maximized: Whenever I try to open Skype, it opens minimized. I went into the properties menu and changed the default to maximized, but every time I open the app it still opens minimized. Not sure whether the issue is with Windows or Skype but it is very frustrating, the app is basically...
  8. set file open with default

in Windows 10 Customization
    set file open with default: How do you set the default program to open a file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-file-open-with-default/7037987b-12e8-4e04-ad36-983ae85bfd65
  9. Not able to set default opening app to Adobe PDF 8.1 on pdf files

Not able to set default opening app to Adobe PDF 8.1 on pdf files: Last update of Windows 10 changed all my .pdf default to open with MS Edge. I do not want to use MS Edge, because I open .pdf documents from inside applications and MS Edge is not a full-fledged .pdf editor. With Edge, you cannot add pages, combine pages and and add...
  10. Apps not being set as default opener for some certain file types

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps not being set as default opener for some certain file types: My Windows 10 Pro OS build no. is 17134.345. When I go to Settings>Apps>Default Apps>Choose default apps by file type, I want to set Notepad++ for opening .asm files. I select .asm, select Notepad++. But still Notepad++ is not set as the default app for opening .asm files....