Windows 10: Administrator account being blocked on Windows 11

Discus and support Administrator account being blocked on Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I have an old laptop of which administrator account being blocked. Means the account I used to create as administrator is no more accessible.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Tanya Sun1, May 12, 2024.

1. Administrator account being blocked on Windows 11

Hi,I have an old laptop of which administrator account being blocked. Means the account I used to create as administrator is no more accessible. Because I don;t remember the password and no way to find it baclk.There is neither another user account created on this laptop.How could I create another user/administrator account? I have tried to reset the PC, but then it asks a recovery key which is associated with the email address which I have no more access to.I have also tried Command Prompt Sam Domains to change User 000001F4 to change value in line 38 from 11 to 10, but it wont give me chance

:)

Tanya Sun1, May 12, 2024
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Administrator account being blocked on Windows 11 :(

Zakin, May 12, 2024
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, May 12, 2024
  4. Arul_D Win User

Administrator account being blocked on Windows 11

Administrator account blocking apps.

Hello Robin,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I request you to boot to safe mode and create built-in admin account. And from built-in admin account, you can create new user account.

Safe Mode:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Steps to Enable Built-In Administrator account.

• Press Windows key + X.

• Select Command prompt (Admin).

• Type “net user administrator /active:yes”.

• Once you’re done, you can access your built-in administrator account by logging off your current account anytime.

You may try to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Start menu and then click on Settings.

• Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.

• Select Add an Account.

• Enter a user name and press Next.

• Click on Finish.

• Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.

• Check if issue persists.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Arul_D, May 12, 2024
Thema:

Administrator account being blocked on Windows 11

1. Administrator account being blocked on Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Administrator account being

2. How to unlink a onedrive account from Windows 11, account being disabled by administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to unlink a onedrive account from Windows 11, account being disabled by administrator: Hi, I have multiple onedrive account on my Windows11 laptop.I was looking to a procedure to unlink one of these onedrive account, of course not the main one connected with main Windows Account.The additional onedrive account I am looking to wipe out has been CANCELLED by...
  3. How to unlink a onedrive account from Windows 11, account being disabled by administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to unlink a onedrive account from Windows 11, account being disabled by administrator: Hi, I have multiple onedrive account on my Windows11 laptop.I was looking to a procedure to onlink one of these onedrive account.The account has been CANCELLED by ADMIN, no longer exists. Every procedure I found on this forum to unlink onedrive accounts require login the...
  4. Administrator account being blocked on Windows 11

Administrator account being blocked on Windows 11: Hi,I have an old laptop of which administrator account being blocked. Means the account I used to create as administrator is no more accessible. Because I don;t remember the password and no way to find it baclk.There is neither another user account created on this laptop.How...
  5. Can't reset Administrator password due to account not being an administrator account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't reset Administrator password due to account not being an administrator account.: I did a reset on my computer to help clear up space and help it run a bit better, but now I'm unable to play anything, as my account is apparently not an administrator account. As such, when I try to do certain things, it asks for the "Administrator password", only problem...
  6. Can't reset Administrator password due to account not being an administrator account.

Can't reset Administrator password due to account not being an administrator account.: I did a reset on my computer to help clear up space and help it run a bit better, but now I'm unable to play anything, as my account is apparently not an administrator account. As such, when I try to do certain things, it asks for the "Administrator password", only problem...
  7. Can't reset Administrator password due to account not being an administrator account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Certain Apps Being "Blocked By Your Administrator" After Windows 11 22H2 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certain Apps Being "Blocked By Your Administrator" After Windows 11 22H2 Upgrade: I have two domain-joined corporate laptops that is managed by group policy and by InTune. One of them was running Windows 10 Enterprise Build 21H2, and the other one was running Windows 11 Enterprise Build 21H2. Both laptops last week were upgraded to Build 22H2 of Windows...
  9. Certain Apps Being "Blocked By Your Administrator" After Windows 11 22H2 Upgrade

Certain Apps Being "Blocked By Your Administrator" After Windows 11 22H2 Upgrade: I have two domain-joined corporate laptops that is managed by group policy and by InTune. One of them was running Windows 10 Enterprise Build 21H2, and the other one was running Windows 11 Enterprise Build 21H2. Both laptops last week were upgraded to Build 22H2 of Windows...
  10. Microsoft Store blocked by administrator in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Store blocked by administrator in Windows 11: [ATTACH]If you get Microsoft Store is blocked, Check with your IT or system administrator error while opening the Microsoft Store on Windows 11; follow these solutions to get rid of it. However, you must have the administrator rights to use all the suggestions. At times, you...