Windows 10: Add or Remove Favorites from Quick Access in Windows 10

Discus and support Add or Remove Favorites from Quick Access in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; That's for location, right. However for shortcuts of apps and script, what can i do? Is there a way that can display them, so i can drop things onto? Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by aksalaymeh, Dec 6, 2014.

1. unko Win User

Add or Remove Favorites from Quick Access in Windows 10

That's for location, right. However for shortcuts of apps and script, what can i do? Is there a way that can display them, so i can drop things onto?

2. Brink
    Brink New Member

Correct. Only locations can be pinned to Quick access and show under its navigation pane.

I suppose you could pin a new folder to Quick access, and place all your shortcuts in it to make it easier to access.

Brink, Aug 13, 2016
  3. unko Win User
    But I still can drop files onto my shortcut without opening a new window!

4. Edwin New Member

Yes, you would be dropping them into a folder.

However, drag and dropping to thin links in the navigation pane is a risky proposition. Dragging and dropping into wide open folder windows, yeah, but the navigation pane...... eh!
    Just a slip of the finger I've accidentally dropped many a file into the wrong folder and had to go hunting for them!
    'Cut and Paste', or 'Move To'/'Copy To' in the right click menu is safer! *Wink

Edwin, Aug 13, 2016
  5. unko Win User
    I do that for year. Multiple purpose. I really need to keep the ability of dropping things on my scripts, such time gain!

Thema:

1. Add or Remove Favorites from Quick Access in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Remove Favorites

2. How to show or remove Quick access and Favorites from Navigation Pane of Explorer

in Windows 10 News
    How to show or remove Quick access and Favorites from Navigation Pane of Explorer: [ATTACH]If your Windows 10 File Explorer does not display Quick access or Favorites in the navigation pane, or you want to remove or hide them, […] This article How to show or remove Quick access and Favorites from Navigation Pane of Explorer first appeared on...
  3. Remove from Quick access

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove from Quick access: You guys have helped me with other technical problems so lets see if anyone can help with this one ! Cannot delete or remove from Quick access the 3 files that say recent files, i have tried uninstalling OneDrive & reinstalling which didn't work ! Any ideas on how to either...
  4. Add or Remove Pin to Quick access Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Pin to Quick access Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Pin to Quick access Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove 'Pin to Quick access' on Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows 10 replaced Favorites from previous Windows with Quick access. The Quick access page is the...
  5. Add or Remove Favorites from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Favorites from Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Favorites from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Favorites in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 [img] Information Favorites in the navigation pane is a way to easily access items in your %UserProfile%/Links folder....
  6. Add or Remove Frequent folders from Quick access in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Frequent folders from Quick access in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Frequent folders from Quick access in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Frequent folders from Quick access in Windows 10 Windows 10 replaced Favorites from previous Windows with Quick access. The Quick access page is the shortest route to files...
  7. Add or Remove Recent Files from Quick Access in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Recent Files from Quick Access in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Recent Files from Quick Access in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows 10 replaced Favorites from previous Windows with Quick access. The Quick access page is the shortest route to files you've been working on and folders you often use. These are...
  8. Add or Remove Registry Favorites in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Registry Favorites in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Registry Favorites in Windows How to Add, Remove, Export, and Merge Registry Favorites in Windows [img] Information If you use the Registry Editor to make customizations, check the contents of a particular key, or make fixes, you can save the key...
  9. Add or Remove Microsoft Edge Favorites in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Microsoft Edge Favorites in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Microsoft Edge Favorites in Windows 10 [img] Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible with the modern Web. You can keep...
  10. Add or Remove Folders from Favorites in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Folders from Favorites in Windows 10 Mail app: How to: Add or Remove Folders from Favorites in Windows 10 Mail app How to Add or Remove Folders from Favorites in Windows 10 Mail app The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with...