Windows 10: Add my wife account as family member to my Microsoft family

Discus and support Add my wife account as family member to my Microsoft family in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have recently created a family of myself and my duaghter . My wife had already another "family" with her account and my other's daughter account.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by GiannisProtopappas, Jan 28, 2024.

1. Add my wife account as family member to my Microsoft family

I have recently created a family of myself and my duaghter . My wife had already another "family" with her account and my other's daughter account. Currently we are not able to unify/consolidate all four accounts 2 adults + 2 kids to one Microsoft family.I tried to invvite my wife to my family, but as she is already in an existing family, she is not abe to.Also she is not able to leave "her family" as there is already a non-adult assigned to it.Any ideas???Thanks in advance

:)

GiannisProtopappas, Jan 28, 2024

2. Family members user accounts

For some reason the native photos app has got broken on my wife and sons user accounts (both standard accounts). I cannot fix it. On my own administrator account it works fine. There was a recent photos app update which I think is what screwed it up! Anyway I tested creating a test user account and the photos app works fine if a new account gets created. So I was thinking of deleting both their MS user accounts on my PC and creating them again.

But do I need to remove them as family members also via my outlook website login family tab before I recreate their user accounts again, they are both listed as family members on there and are associated with the PC name. Or can I just delete their user accounts and re-add them as family members on my PC without these shenanigans. It would save time as when you create a family member normally you have to then get them to login to their email and accept etc.

thanks, wayne

Scottyboy99, Jan 28, 2024
  3. gamoses Win User
    broken "family member needs to sign in"

Parental controls stopped working. Family.Microsoft.com has alert: "Your family member needs to sign in to their Windows 10 device AngLaptop2014 for family features to work.

But the "how to fix this" says

• Select Accounts > Family & other people
    • Under Your family, select your family member, then select Allow
    • Have your family member sign in with their Microsoft account if asked to
    And the steps don't apply. The account is already allowed, and there is no option to change that.

Now what???

gamoses, Jan 28, 2024
  4. Tenforo Active Member

Add my wife account as family member to my Microsoft family

Family Devices not showing in Microsoft Account

https://account.microsoft.com

Add my wife account as family member to my Microsoft family 337729d1623965092t-family-devices-not-showing-microsoft-account-image.png

Used to be able to see family devices, windows machines under Devices listed in the Microsoft Account Online in the Web Browser.

The permission for this is set for each Family member and still can be toggled under each Organiser.

Add my wife account as family member to my Microsoft family 337728d1623964787t-family-devices-not-showing-microsoft-account-image.png

Tenforo, Jan 28, 2024
Thema:

Add my wife account as family member to my Microsoft family

1. Add my wife account as family member to my Microsoft family - Similar Threads - Add wife account

2. Add my wife account as family member to my Microsoft family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add my wife account as family member to my Microsoft family: I have recently created a family of myself and my duaghter . My wife had already another "family" with her account and my other's daughter account. Currently we are not able to unify/consolidate all four accounts 2 adults + 2 kids to one Microsoft family.I tried to invvite my...
  3. Add my wife account as family member to my Microsoft family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add my wife account as family member to my Microsoft family: I have recently created a family of myself and my duaghter . My wife had already another "family" with her account and my other's daughter account. Currently we are not able to unify/consolidate all four accounts 2 adults + 2 kids to one Microsoft family.I tried to invvite my...
  4. Cannot add a family member to Family Safety

Cannot add a family member to Family Safety: I keep getting an error message when trying to add my son's account to Family Safety. I had add and removed him a couple times trying to get his new computer set up, and now it seems like his account is blocked for some reason. Here's the message I get:Unusual activity...
  5. I can't add family member to my account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I can't add family member to my account: Dear Sir :I can't add any family member to my account for 10 days I keep trying but usless *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-add-family-member-to-my-account/f16d11e4-e3b2-4aea-a11d-053b6348538e
  6. I can't add family member to my account

I can't add family member to my account: Dear Sir :I can't add any family member to my account for 10 days I keep trying but usless *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-add-family-member-to-my-account/f16d11e4-e3b2-4aea-a11d-053b6348538e
  7. I can't add family member to my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. need to change my family members account from child to wife

need to change my family members account from child to wife: i just need help changhingmy wife from child on my family https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-change-my-family-members-account-from/5f7e5530-41fc-48f8-b21a-2cedacf93794
  9. Add members to Microsoft Family

Add members to Microsoft Family: Good Day, I need help, I just wanna ask if how ca I have a microsoft Family member? * Moved from Community Participation Center ***Modified title from: Microsoft Family***...
  10. Unable to add a family member in microsoft family

Unable to add a family member in microsoft family: I am logged in with the admin account and trying to add a family member but in the family and other users option it is saying "We couldn't connect to microsoft family right now, so your family on this device might not be up to date".. Pleaase help me with this!...