Windows 10: Activating Windows after Hardware Change when the Troubleshooter Doesn't Work

Discus and support Activating Windows after Hardware Change when the Troubleshooter Doesn't Work in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently upgraded my motherboard and processor. I made sure that my Windows 10 Pro license was properly linked to my microsoft account the text... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by NilsRundquist, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Activating Windows after Hardware Change when the Troubleshooter Doesn't Work

I recently upgraded my motherboard and processor. I made sure that my Windows 10 Pro license was properly linked to my microsoft account the text under 'Accounts' in setting read "windows is activated with digital license linked to your microsoft account", but I can't get Windows 10 to activate with the new motherboard.

I navigate to Settings -> Activation -> Troubleshoot, and from what I read I should get an option that says "I recently upgraded my hardware", but all the troubleshooter does is load and then read "We can't activate your copy of Windows. Make sure you're connected to the Internet and try again. If you're connected to the Internet and continue seeing this problem, contact your system administrator for more information." I am logged into my microsoft account in settings.Here is a screenshot of the troubleshooter result: https://i.imgur.com/kfeRdjN.png

I originally upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 which was originally installed with a retail code, but that was so many years and moves ago that I have no idea what the product key is. I built my own computer, so it's not anywhere on the chasis or in an email, and since it wasn't a pre-built computer the windows license shouldn't be bound to the motherboard. I spent all day on the phone with Microsoft Support, but since I didn't have a product key they told me they couldn't help me. Clearly their flow chart said if the troubleshooter didn't work for a change of hardware, I needed a product key. But I didn't have one to give. I looked online for methods of pulling windows product keys off of computers to get one out of my old motherboard which when reinstalled still reads as "activated with digital license linked to your microsoft account" to no avail.

It seems like this is more a problem with my microsoft account license not communicating with my machine i.e. the troubleshooter not working.

How can I get my digital license to recognize my new hardware if the windows activation troubleshooter isn't working?

:)

NilsRundquist, Jun 22, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Activating Windows after Hardware Change when the Troubleshooter Doesn't Work [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jun 22, 2020
  3. Activation of Windows 10 Pro doesn´t work

Hallo, i can´t activate my windows 10 Pro (free upgrade from windows 7);

Info: 0xC0EA000A

Manual activation doesn´t work either.

Important (i think): I had to re-install windows 10 (3 or even 4 times). because I had massive problems with "Start and Cortana Issues".

I hope, I don´t have to search the old product key.

PS. Yes, Windows 7 was genuine.

MichalMichalczyk, Jun 22, 2020
  4. BetoLP Win User

Activating Windows after Hardware Change when the Troubleshooter Doesn't Work

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

Activating Windows after Hardware Change when the Troubleshooter Doesn't Work [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

Activating Windows after Hardware Change when the Troubleshooter Doesn't Work

1. Activating Windows after Hardware Change when the Troubleshooter Doesn't Work - Similar Threads - Activating Hardware Change

2. Activating Windows 11 Pro after hardware change - troubleshoot doesn't help and all roads...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activating Windows 11 Pro after hardware change - troubleshoot doesn't help and all roads...: Hi -1. Purchased my PC with 11 Pro start of year2. Immediately encountered issues so sent it back for repair3. Encountered activation issue RE: windows Product ID wouldn't work and troubleshoot fairly useless in my experience - so thtat didn't do much; contacted the vendor...
  3. Windows 10 activation doesn't work after a hardware change motherboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 activation doesn't work after a hardware change motherboard: Hello,I bought Windows 10 Pro N don't ask or encourage me to upgrade to windows 11 okay? in Sept 2021 legitimately and Windows activation was successfully logged. I checked my microsoft account and it confirmed my windows 10 and it even shows me that I got digital...
  4. Windows 10 activation doesn't work after a hardware change motherboard

Windows 10 activation doesn't work after a hardware change motherboard: Hello,I bought Windows 10 Pro N don't ask or encourage me to upgrade to windows 11 okay? in Sept 2021 legitimately and Windows activation was successfully logged. I checked my microsoft account and it confirmed my windows 10 and it even shows me that I got digital...
  5. Windows 10 activation doesn't work after a hardware change motherboard

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  6. Windows 10 activation key doesn't work after hardware change, troubleshooter doesn't fix it.

Windows 10 activation key doesn't work after hardware change, troubleshooter doesn't fix it.: I followed all the steps after getting a hardware change changing motherboard etc. The message to activate windows popped up, I already have my Windows 10 license key and it says it's invalid. Running the troubleshooter doesn't work. I need help activating my legitimate copy...
  7. Windows 10 activation key doesn't work after hardware change, troubleshooter doesn't fix it.

Windows 10 activation key doesn't work after hardware change, troubleshooter doesn't fix it.: I followed all the steps after getting a hardware change changing motherboard etc. The message to activate windows popped up, I already have my Windows 10 license key and it says it's invalid. Running the troubleshooter doesn't work. I need help activating my legitimate copy...
  8. Windows 10 activation key doesn't work after hardware change, troubleshooter doesn't fix it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Troubleshooter on Activation doesn't work

Troubleshooter on Activation doesn't work: Hi guys I've recently made a change on my hardware and got a activate windows message showing up on my screen. I have a digital license linked to my Microsoft account and when I try to run the Troubleshooter like it shows on the Microsoft tutorial in this link:...
  10. Windows license is not reactivating with Activation Troubleshooter after changing hardware

Windows license is not reactivating with Activation Troubleshooter after changing hardware: Hello. I've changed my hardware recently, Windows Activation failed now and I cannot solve it through Activation Troubleshooter. After I'm choosing the device I'm currently using I get "Unable to activate Windows". How this can be solved? I still have the same product key...