Windows 10: Acer monitor P166HQL is not compatible with Windows 10 Pro, 'no signal' error.

Discus and support Acer monitor P166HQL is not compatible with Windows 10 Pro, 'no signal' error. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This question is similar to another question I found here -Old acer monitor doesnt work on Windows 10 - Microsoft CommunityI have an old Acer monitor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MBU_550, Sep 30, 2024.

1. MBU_550 Win User

Acer monitor P166HQL is not compatible with Windows 10 Pro, 'no signal' error.

This question is similar to another question I found here -Old acer monitor doesnt work on Windows 10 - Microsoft CommunityI have an old Acer monitor bought in 2015 that I find to be not compatible with Windows 10 pro. If I connect the VGA cable of the monitor to my laptop that has Windows 11, it connects and displays without any issue. But if I try to connect it to my Windows 10 Pro pc, it says 'no signal'. I have another Windows 10 Pro pc and same issue with that also. I couldn't find any option to update drivers on Acer website for this monitor model. Any suggestions?

:)

MBU_550, Sep 30, 2024

2. Error: No signal on second monitor after upgrade to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your inconvenience caused to you with accessing the second monitor, we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to outdated/ corrupted drivers.

As you have already tried to update the drivers and issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall the existing drivers for second monitor and re0install them from the manufacturer's website.

Step 1: Steps to uninstall the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Uninstall
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Also, contact the manufacturer's website and try to install those drivers for your device.

You can install Windows 8/8.1 drivers in compatibility mode if there are no Windows 10 compatible drivers.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right click the driver installation file and select
      Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the driver and check.

To know more about this issue, I suggest you to refer to the article by
    Andre Da Costa
    and check:

How to add and use a second monitor with Windows

Hope it helps. Kindly let us know if you need further assistance with Windows Operating System. We will be glad to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 30, 2024
  3. Windows 10 Update Installed & Now No Signal to Monitor

Hi,

For us to isolate your concern with your monitor's signal, we would like to know the following:

• When you say "signal", are you referring to the Internet?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Sep 30, 2024
  4. Uditha Win User

Monitor - No Input Signal

So you are suggesting that in the event this cable goes for a six, I try out the HDMI port? Seems quite a tenable suggestion - I never thought of that!

Uditha, Sep 30, 2024
Thema:

1. Acer monitor P166HQL is not compatible with Windows 10 Pro, 'no signal' error. - Similar Threads - Acer monitor P166HQL

2. Acer monitor P166HQL is not compatible with Windows 10 Pro, 'no signal' error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acer monitor P166HQL is not compatible with Windows 10 Pro, 'no signal' error.: This question is similar to another question I found here -Old acer monitor doesnt work on Windows 10 - Microsoft CommunityI have an old Acer monitor bought in 2015 that I find to be not compatible with Windows 10 pro. If I connect the VGA cable of the monitor to my laptop...
  3. Acer monitor P166HQL is not compatible with Windows 10 Pro, 'no signal' error.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Acer monitor P166HQL is not compatible with Windows 10 Pro, 'no signal' error.: This question is similar to another question I found here -Old acer monitor doesnt work on Windows 10 - Microsoft CommunityI have an old Acer monitor bought in 2015 that I find to be not compatible with Windows 10 pro. If I connect the VGA cable of the monitor to my laptop...
  4. no signal on monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no signal on monitor: Pc randomly turned off and now says no signal on monitor. I tried a different monitor and cable same thing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-signal-on-monitor/80eca093-c899-4e89-9f50-b8aaa41b2815
  5. No signal to monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No signal to monitor: About two weeks ago my computer wouldn’t wake up. The monitor remained blank. The keyboard did not light up. The desktop pc is on. I rebooted. Nothing. I unplugged overnight, restarted. Nothing. Checked all the connections. All good. Replaced the DP connection. Nothing....
  6. Fix Acer monitor no signal issue

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Acer monitor no signal issue: [ATTACH]A desktop computer and a monitor are connected with each other via a cable. Every input given to a computer is displayed on the monitor in the form such that a user can understand. The signal coming from the computer tells the monitor what to display. If you see a “No...
  7. Windows 10 install and no signal to monitor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 install and no signal to monitor: Hi, I just installed Windows 10 on my Dell desktop yesterday previously had Win 8. When I restarted my computer, I just got a « no signal » message on my monitor. It is not an issue with my monitor as I tried it with another computer, and everything is fine. Note that the...
  8. Monitor shows no signal after windows 10 pro Upgrade

Monitor shows no signal after windows 10 pro Upgrade: Hello everyone, I got a kinda weird problem. I have been using this desktop computer for more than 2 years without issue. It came preinstalled with Windows 10 home. Recently, I decided to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from windows 10 home. The upgrade went well until the...
  9. Upgrade to Windows 10, no monitor signal

Upgrade to Windows 10, no monitor signal: Hello all! I upgraded my pc (Gateway SX2110 slim desktop) from Windows 8 to 10 last night. Downloaded from MS site, seemed to install fine. Pc rebooted after 10 setup screen (Language, keyboard layout). I keep getting "no monitor signal". Fans are spinning, i can hear drive...
  10. Windows 10 second monitor no signal

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 second monitor no signal: Hello, I haven't been able to get my second monitor working after doing a clean install of windows 10. It is detected in the windows display settings and has the correct resolution but it says no input on the second monitor. The only problem I've noticed is in the nvidia...