Windows 10: Account recovery

Discus and support Account recovery in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My wife's computer is "locked" due to needing a BitLock Recovery Key and she forgot her MSA password. I went through the process and got the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BrettSDixon, Oct 23, 2024 at 2:17 PM.

1. Account recovery

My wife's computer is "locked" due to needing a BitLock Recovery Key and she forgot her MSA password. I went through the process and got the verification email but the link did not work to reset the password. I have re-submitted the information 6 more times and have not received any more communication from MS. I did sign up for a call back yesterday and the agent did call and in the middle of our conversation, the call go cut off - I have requested 2 more call-backs but no communication yet. How can I get the PW reset ???

:)

2. Recovery and account

Hi Sarang,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

I understand that you have upgraded to Windows again after performing reset.

Have you tried to restart the system again to check whether the Windows 10 is downgraded to previous version?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

As the Windows 10 creates the new user account automatically, I suggest you to run the Microsoft account troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Refer to the following link to download and run the
    Microsoft Account troubleshooter:

Microsoft Account Troubleshooter

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/microsoftaccounts.diagcab

Step 2:

As you have linked your Microsoft account in Windows 10, I suggest you to switch back to the local account if you wish.

How to switch to a local account from Microsoft account.

• Press “Windows + I” keys to open settings (When you get the error “Critical error-start menu and Cortana not working”).

• Select Accounts.

• On the right side, it will show your current account with an option "Switch to a local account”.

• Select “switch to a local account” and follow the steps to switch your Microsoft account into a local account. Once this is done your Microsoft account is safe and not linked with that computer anymore.
    Note:

• You may not delete the recovery drive, as it will help you to recover the Windows in future if the Windows is not working properly.

• If you are using Microsoft account to login to Windows 10, there is no option to disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password. If you are using Local account to login to Windows 10, you can
      disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password.
    Reference: Please refer to the below article and check if it helps.

Recovery options in Windows 10

Recovery options in Windows - Microsoft Support

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Oct 23, 2024 at 2:20 PM
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

4. yogurt_21 Win User

Account recovery

Data recovery software

The Big Useful List Of Free Useful Programs To Use Usually For Free

click the top spoiler and then look down to recovery.

All of the suggestions in the old threads were consolidated into that one.

Thema:

Account recovery

1. Account recovery - Similar Threads - Account recovery

2. Account recovery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account recovery: My wife's computer is "locked" due to needing a BitLock Recovery Key and she forgot her MSA password. I went through the process and got the verification email but the link did not work to reset the password. I have re-submitted the information 6 more times and have not...
  3. Unable to Use Phone and Email for Account Recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Use Phone and Email for Account Recovery: Hi AllEvery once in a while, I get a reminder for "Never lose access" and asking me to add my phone number, when I select my country code from the list I got error saying "we don't support that country code. Add an email instead". If you don't support a country then why is it...
  4. Unable to Use Phone and Email for Account Recovery

Unable to Use Phone and Email for Account Recovery: Hi AllEvery once in a while, I get a reminder for "Never lose access" and asking me to add my phone number, when I select my country code from the list I got error saying "we don't support that country code. Add an email instead". If you don't support a country then why is it...
  5. In which Azure AD account is the Bitlocker recovery key saved?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In which Azure AD account is the Bitlocker recovery key saved?: I signed in to my Windows 11 PC using a personal Microsoft account. However, my Outlook and Office are using a Microsoft 365 organization account.I was trying to turn on Bitlocker for a particular drive. It says the following about the recovery key:In which Azure AD account...
  6. In which Azure AD account is the Bitlocker recovery key saved?

In which Azure AD account is the Bitlocker recovery key saved?: I signed in to my Windows 11 PC using a personal Microsoft account. However, my Outlook and Office are using a Microsoft 365 organization account.I was trying to turn on Bitlocker for a particular drive. It says the following about the recovery key:In which Azure AD account...
  7. Windows 11 local account, I forgot password and also the three recovery questions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 local account, I forgot password and also the three recovery questions: I forgot password to access the local account. I also forgot the replies to the 3 recovery questions. So I can’t log in to use the PC. I use this system rarely as photo repository. How I can change the password of the local account?Or how I can recovery the use of this PC and...
  8. Windows 11 local account, I forgot password and also the three recovery questions

Windows 11 local account, I forgot password and also the three recovery questions: I forgot password to access the local account. I also forgot the replies to the 3 recovery questions. So I can’t log in to use the PC. I use this system rarely as photo repository. How I can change the password of the local account?Or how I can recovery the use of this PC and...
  9. My Microsoft account has been stolen and account recovery details have been changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microsoft account has been stolen and account recovery details have been changed: I have a wealth of proof that I am the owner of my Microsoft account, however, I have not used Skype or Xbox services in years and I have zero recollection of those credentials. I am reaching out because my Windows PC is password-protected via my old Microsoft account and I...
  10. My Microsoft account has been stolen and account recovery details have been changed

My Microsoft account has been stolen and account recovery details have been changed: I have a wealth of proof that I am the owner of my Microsoft account, however, I have not used Skype or Xbox services in years and I have zero recollection of those credentials. I am reaching out because my Windows PC is password-protected via my old Microsoft account and I...