Windows 10: Account name not syncing to windows 11 account

Discus and support Account name not syncing to windows 11 account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm using Windows 11 computers around campus for my TAFE course, and I had to get my name updated as it was incorrect. the correct name is now in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Alex Sullivan2, Jul 19, 2023.

1. Account name not syncing to windows 11 account

I'm using Windows 11 computers around campus for my TAFE course, and I had to get my name updated as it was incorrect. the correct name is now in the Microsoft account, but my windows login still has the old name showing.I've taken a look through settings, and online account management, and any other answers I've found, don't really apply and/or depend on me editing the account information, which isn't possible for me.

:)

Alex Sullivan2, Jul 19, 2023
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Account name not syncing to windows 11 account :(

Zakin, Jul 19, 2023
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jul 19, 2023
  4. Account name not syncing to windows 11 account

Query about changing the account name

Hi Stephanie,

Since you have already changed the name on your Microsoft account, we suggest switching into a local account, and then log back in with your Microsoft account. This way, we can be sure that any changes made to your Microsoft account will be synced to your
    local user account.

For steps on how to switch to a local account:

• Click on Start.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Under Your account, click on Switch to a local account.

To switch back to a Microsoft account:

• Follow steps 1-3 above to get to Accounts.
    • Under Your account, click on Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.

If the issue persists, please do not hesitate to get back to us.

Patricia Yu, Jul 19, 2023
Thema:

Account name not syncing to windows 11 account

1. Account name not syncing to windows 11 account - Similar Threads - Account name syncing

2. Microsoft account not syncing with the Windows account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account not syncing with the Windows account.: I have been having sync issues with my Microsoft and Windows accounts for a few months after I installed MS 365 Family. First MS 365 family started showing me a sign-in error and did not recognize my credentials every time I entered them. I would get the following window...
  3. Microsoft account not syncing with the Windows account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft account not syncing with the Windows account.: I have been having sync issues with my Microsoft and Windows accounts for a few months after I installed MS 365 Family. First MS 365 family started showing me a sign-in error and did not recognize my credentials every time I entered them. I would get the following window...
  4. Microsoft account not syncing with the Windows account.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Account name not syncing to windows 11 account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account name not syncing to windows 11 account: I'm using Windows 11 computers around campus for my TAFE course, and I had to get my name updated as it was incorrect. the correct name is now in the Microsoft account, but my windows login still has the old name showing.I've taken a look through settings, and online account...
  6. sync accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sync accounts: Sync accounts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-accounts/b78e8c40-19a9-423b-9ed7-c85c5515cb63
  7. sync accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sync accounts: Sync accounts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-accounts/b78e8c40-19a9-423b-9ed7-c85c5515cb63
  8. Not change PC name after syncing to Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not change PC name after syncing to Microsoft Account: I have multiple devices and I REALLY REALLY want to sync them all to my Microsoft account because I love the feature of using MS office tools across these devices AND offline solutions for work. BUT I want them all with different device names. Recently I synced my account to...
  9. Account Syncing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Account Syncing: Good day, I would like to find out how to fix my Windows profile account setting: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-syncing/41b4e6a5-1831-4b14-9f83-b10ad39cfeea
  10. sync account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sync account: Hi, My friend and I bought new dell laptop at the same time. I have no issue using my gmail account to do the first time setup. However, my friend is having trouble to get pass having her gmail account recognised in the first time setup. Microsoft recognise the gmail...