Windows 10: Account name not same with microsoft name

Discus and support Account name not same with microsoft name in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My account name is different compare to windows name: For example my account name is ronoazoro but my windows account is 45001. How do i fix this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AIMAN RAHIMI, Sep 16, 2023.

1. Account name not same with microsoft name

My account name is different compare to windows name: For example my account name is ronoazoro but my windows account is 45001. How do i fix this

:)

AIMAN RAHIMI, Sep 16, 2023
  2. Brink Win User

Account name user name

Ok, let's review.
    • Your Microsoft account aliases do not have the len address listed.
    • Your Microsoft account name online is correct.
    • You have a local account on the PC with the len address shown under "Your info".

I'm pretty sure you are signed in to an app with the len address, and is why you are seeing this.

As a test, click on the "Stop signing in to all Microsoft apps automatically" link below to see if that may remove it.

Account name not same with microsoft name 186588d1525020113t-account-name-user-name-settings.jpg

Brink, Sep 16, 2023
  3. Query about changing the account name

Hi Stephanie,

Since you have already changed the name on your Microsoft account, we suggest switching into a local account, and then log back in with your Microsoft account. This way, we can be sure that any changes made to your Microsoft account will be synced to your
    local user account.

For steps on how to switch to a local account:

• Click on Start.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Under Your account, click on Switch to a local account.

To switch back to a Microsoft account:

• Follow steps 1-3 above to get to Accounts.
    • Under Your account, click on Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.

If the issue persists, please do not hesitate to get back to us.

Patricia Yu, Sep 16, 2023
  4. Jessen P Win User

Account name not same with microsoft name

Query about changing the User Accounts name

Hi Jerry,

Perform the steps mentioned below to change the user account name.

• Sign in to the Your info page on the Microsoft account website.

• Under your name, select Edit name.
      If there’s no name listed yet, select Add name.
    • Edit or add the name you want, then choose Save.
      Your Microsoft account name will start to appear or change everywhere you use it.

Please revert if you still cannot change the user account name.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Sep 16, 2023
Thema:

Account name not same with microsoft name

1. Account name not same with microsoft name - Similar Threads - Account name same

2. Account name not same with microsoft name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account name not same with microsoft name: My account name is different compare to windows name: For example my account name is ronoazoro but my windows account is 45001. How do i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-name-not-same-with-microsoft-name/c3d0a0a4-f474-4d83-b3f9-6a24ac0a939d
  3. 2 Startup folders with the exact same name in the same name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 Startup folders with the exact same name in the same name: i have 2 startup folders in the same folder for some unknown to me reason. When i put in "shells:startup" in Run it opens up a startup folder thats read only and its empty whenever i try to change it to not be read only it just reapplies after the properties window closes...
  4. 2 Startup folders with the exact same name in the same name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 Startup folders with the exact same name in the same name: i have 2 startup folders in the same folder for some unknown to me reason. When i put in "shells:startup" in Run it opens up a startup folder thats read only and its empty whenever i try to change it to not be read only it just reapplies after the properties window closes...
  5. Local User Account Name Same as Microsoft Account Name?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Local User Account Name Same as Microsoft Account Name?: I just installed Windows 10 on a workstation on my network there are many computers on this internal network. Since this network is secure and I'm the only employee... the same username and password is used on all systems... mine. This makes it very simple to use the...
  6. Two User Accounts with same name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Two User Accounts with same name: Hi everyone, I'm well aware that this topic was posted multiple times. However non of the so far provided solutions worked for me. Two days ago I reinstalled windows. During the installation process my computer had no internet connection, so I created a local account. Later...
  7. Microsoft Account name

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft Account name: My microsoft account name is an email address *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I can find nowhere to change this. This email account is going away. Does it matter if my Microsoft Account name is a live email address? Phone number is not an option. I understand...
  8. MIcrosoft account name

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    MIcrosoft account name: When I installed windows 10 on my computer at work I used my work email address for my Microsoft account - Personal. The institution that I work at subsequently offered all employees Microsoft Office 365 pro when they moved their email system over to use MIcrosoft....
  9. The name of my account and the name of my User folder aren't the same.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The name of my account and the name of my User folder aren't the same.: [ATTACH] The name of my account and the name of my User folder aren't the same and I can't figure out a way to make them the same. On my old computer they were the same and I set everything up the same way as the old computer. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?...
  10. User name under C is not the same as the Account name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User name under C is not the same as the Account name: We recently bought my husband a new computer. We put in his name, which is Collins as the account name. However, when I go to the C drive his user name shows up as Colli. Is there a way to Change that....