Windows 10: Accidentally ruined my computer...

Discus and support Accidentally ruined my computer... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I'm kind of an idiot... I accidentally marked my C:/ drive as active, but that's not the problem. I made a windows boot media (then pressed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NN77296, Nov 5, 2019.

1. NN77296 Win User

Accidentally ruined my computer...

So I'm kind of an idiot...

I accidentally marked my C:/ drive as active, but that's not the problem.

I made a windows boot media (then pressed SHIFT+F10 , DISKPART, LIST DISK, SELECT DISK #, LIST PARTITION, SELECT PARTITION #, INACTIVE) and successfully got my computer to boot again. BUT, when it booted, it took longer to load, then the problem appeared...

All my files were formatted, and it wont stop telling me to "sign out" and "fix the problem" (still says that after restarting and signing out like 10 times), could I recover them, or is it too late??

:)

NN77296, Nov 5, 2019
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Win 10 update ruined my computer

I will gladly dispose of any "ruined computer" that Windows 10 has "ruined". Just ship them to me and I will take care of disposing of the "ruined" hardware!

NavyLCDR, Nov 5, 2019
  3. bobkn Win User
    Win 10 update ruined my computer

I haven't had to face that problem with any of my PCs yet. (Touch wood. [Old pagan ritual to avoid bad luck.])

You may ultimately have to re-install Windows, but I hope that someone can offer a less painful fix.

A suggestion: "Windows 10 update ruined my computer" sounds like a ranting post. There are many helpful people here, but they respond better to requests for help than to complaints.

bobkn, Nov 5, 2019
  4. cns00 Win User

game performance is ruined in 1903

i am still on build 1809 and i am delaying using 1903 for now because i have been hearing that it ruins game performance. thanks for your tip and i will suggest it to others who are having that issue

cns00, Nov 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Accidentally ruined my computer... - Similar Threads - Accidentally ruined computer

2. Windows 11 ruined my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 ruined my computer: Microsoft forced an install on my computer of windows 11. I am no longer able to download my files to my desktop. Windows keeps trying to force me save it in one drive. Also, computer constantly disconnects from Wifi. Tried to revert to Windows 10, but it's been more than 10...
  3. Microsoft has ruined my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft has ruined my computer: I'm not even asking for help anymore. This is just a rant. Recently, my computer has been having an issue where it will blue screen and then restart. Lately this has gotten exponentially worse. 50+ crashes in the past 3 days. What's causing it? A Microsoft program....
  4. Microsoft has ruined my computer

Microsoft has ruined my computer: I'm not even asking for help anymore. This is just a rant. Recently, my computer has been having an issue where it will blue screen and then restart. Lately this has gotten exponentially worse. 50+ crashes in the past 3 days. What's causing it? A Microsoft program....
  5. Windows Update Ruined My Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Ruined My Computer: Hi so around June 16th my desktop Windows 11 Home had an update and once I was done with whatever I was doing I wanted to shut it down but obviously it had to update so there was the option to update then shutdown and I did that and then the blue screen "of death" appeared...
  6. I accidentally ruined a game

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I accidentally ruined a game: since I’m stupid and goofy, on ark evolved i turned the resolution to “custom” as 9999 x 9999 for fun to see what happens, then it crashed saying “The UE4-ShooterGame has crashed and will close” and a error message under it with a bunch of numbers and letters basically...
  7. I accidentally ruined a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally ruined a game: since I’m stupid and goofy, on ark evolved i turned the resolution to “custom” as 9999 x 9999 for fun to see what happens, then it crashed saying “The UE4-ShooterGame has crashed and will close” and a error message under it with a bunch of numbers and letters basically...
  8. I accidentally ruined a game

9. Update ruined my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update ruined my computer: I'm so frustrated. My computer updated on the 14th, I believe and it made all my files, bookmarks, passwords, settings,n lightroom presets, etc disappear. I've restarted a billion times, I've tried to uninstall the update, I've tried to restore to a previous backup several...
  10. Updates Ruined My Computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates Ruined My Computer: Help immediately needed. Since your latest updates my computer has not worked right since. You deleted my background picture, plug & play no longer works so I cannot use my devices, autoplay no longer works so I cannot even start my devices. I can no longer use the internet....