Windows 10: Accidentally disabled mouse and keyboard with autoruns...

Discus and support Accidentally disabled mouse and keyboard with autoruns... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I am in a funk. Everything that can go wrong is going wrong and I feel like I have tried what I could and need some specific help. It started with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by anthony15601, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Accidentally disabled mouse and keyboard with autoruns...

So I am in a funk. Everything that can go wrong is going wrong and I feel like I have tried what I could and need some specific help. It started with my pc randomly deciding to freeze and restart after my girlfriend installed Epic Games' online service. Whether or not this caused the issue I am unsure. After trying a bunch of things, I installed autoruns after I looked at another forum post. I stupidly disabled everything but that which I was denied access to. This led to my keyboard and mouse being disabled. I tried so many things in the command prompt in the recovery menu to no luck. I had hope when I red another post about a cmd prompt that specificaly lets you enable/disable startup applications, however that post was from 2007 and I guess doesn't exist anymore. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I just am ready to give up. Thank you!

:)

anthony15601, Feb 16, 2021

2. how to disable mouse+keyboard in game?

i do gaming on PC only using XBOX 360 Controller even for shooting games, and its annoying when mouse moved/keyboard touched accidentally, because it will change in game buttons..(for example RE 5, GTA 4)

is there any way to disable mouse and keyboard only in certain games?

i have small files named "dinput8.dll" which is if i put it games directory it will disable gamepad, im curious is there any file like this that will disable mouse+keyboard?

jackiehunter, Feb 16, 2021
  3. Disabled keyboard and mouse

Hello guys i need help

I disabled keyboard and mouse in device manager (accidentally)

When I turn on my computer when I enter Desktop my keyboard and mouse are locked

GameOfSahinYT, Feb 16, 2021
  4. Accidentally disabled mouse and keyboard with autoruns...

disabled mouse and keyboard

Hello Peter,

An outdated or incompatible mouse driver can be one of the factors why this issue occurs. To assist you with your concern, we recommend that you follow these steps to check if the device is recognized correctly in Device Manager. To do this, follow the steps
    below:

• In the Search box, type Device Manager and press
      Enter.
    • Navigate to Mice and other pointing devices.
    • A yellow exclamation means that the mouse driver is not installed properly. You can right-click and select
      Uninstall.
    • Right-click on Mice and other pointing devices and select
      Scan for hardware change.
    • If the yellow exclamation mark still exists, go to their support site to search your product name and find the corresponding mouse driver to install and update.
    • You may re-do the steps 1 to 5 to check for the keyboard.

Note: If there are no pointing devices and keyboard, it indicates that there is no mouse and keyboard configured or it is a mouse and keyboard hardware failure. We suggest that you contact your system manufacturer to report
    the status of those devices to identify if these are hardware related issue.

Feel free to post back for an update with the outcome and let us know if you need more help.

Zedrick Del, Feb 16, 2021
Thema:

Accidentally disabled mouse and keyboard with autoruns...

1. Accidentally disabled mouse and keyboard with autoruns... - Similar Threads - Accidentally disabled mouse

2. Keyboard and mouse not working after messing with autoruns

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse not working after messing with autoruns: Hello,In an attempt at optimising my pc startup speed, i seem to have disabled some required functionality for usb peripherals in general to work by using sysinternals autorunsI had a system restore point but upon trying to use it windows just told me that it failed and...
  3. Keyboard and mouse not working after messing with autoruns

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and mouse not working after messing with autoruns: Hello,In an attempt at optimising my pc startup speed, i seem to have disabled some required functionality for usb peripherals in general to work by using sysinternals autorunsI had a system restore point but upon trying to use it windows just told me that it failed and...
  4. Keyboard and mouse not working after messing with autoruns

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. HELP!!! I accidentally disabled my mouse and keyboard using Autoruns and now can't get into...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP!!! I accidentally disabled my mouse and keyboard using Autoruns and now can't get into...: I was trying disable some of the old Asus AISuite items in Autoruns in preparation for upgrading my BIOS - last time I attempted I ran into a ton of trouble with the asio.sys errors. I unchecked any of the Asus items I could find that all of which had missing registry/program...
  6. HELP!!! I accidentally disabled my mouse and keyboard using Autoruns and now can't get into...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HELP!!! I accidentally disabled my mouse and keyboard using Autoruns and now can't get into...: I was trying disable some of the old Asus AISuite items in Autoruns in preparation for upgrading my BIOS - last time I attempted I ran into a ton of trouble with the asio.sys errors. I unchecked any of the Asus items I could find that all of which had missing registry/program...
  7. HELP!!! I accidentally disabled my mouse and keyboard using Autoruns and now can't get into...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. How to disable Autorun?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to disable Autorun?: I’ve installed 3d party app that I start when needed. But it contains .exe file that starts by itself when I boot the PC and surf the internet for updates. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-autorun/7535d880-55de-47c4-83cc-5d3743d745da"
  9. autorun disabled

in Windows 10 Customization
    autorun disabled: When I turn on my PC I get a semi page that reads setup autorun disabled. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autorun-disabled/5b165614-7dd9-4c00-9cec-1e4de0cd9d80
  10. Disabling Autoplay/Autorun

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disabling Autoplay/Autorun: I am doing myself a system security audit and I would like to clear some confusion on the differences between the Autoplay settings in the Windows 10 Control Panel and the settings that are on the Group Policy Editor. If I Disable Autoplay within the actual Windows 10...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. If I disable Autorun will my mouse still work?

2. mouse and keyboard have been disabled

3. mouse has been disabled on autorun how to enable