Windows 10: Accidentally deleted secure boot keys and now computer can’t boot up

Discus and support Accidentally deleted secure boot keys and now computer can’t boot up in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys, I messed up. I was trying to disable secure boot in BIOS and ended up deleting the manufacture secure boot keys. My computer now can’t boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Additional-Explorer9, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Accidentally deleted secure boot keys and now computer can’t boot up

Hey guys, I messed up. I was trying to disable secure boot in BIOS and ended up deleting the manufacture secure boot keys. My computer now can’t boot up.

I have a Dell Inspiron 24 3464 that’s currently running Windows 10 if that information helps.

When I turn on my computer, the power button blinks orange and the computer beeps four times repeatedly. The monitor won’t even turn on.

If anyone has any idea how to fix this issue, it would be very much appreciated.

submitted by /u/Additional-Explorer9
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Additional-Explorer9, Nov 8, 2020

2. Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, Nov 8, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Nov 8, 2020
  4. John Sarc Win User

Accidentally deleted secure boot keys and now computer can’t boot up

secure boot vioaltion - invalid signature detected

Hi,

For possible resolution regarding the error "'secure boot violation", see the steps below:

• Start the computer/PC, and enter the BIOS by pressing
      F2
      or DEL key.
    • Go to Advanced Mode by pressing F7. Find the
      BOOT tab at the top.
    • Scroll down until you see the Secure Boot.
    • Enter the setting and Key Management, and select Clear Secure Boot keys.
    • Confirm that you will delete the keys. Escape out of the main window, and go to the
      EXIT tab.
    • Look for the option to Save Configuration and Reset.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Nov 8, 2020
Thema:

Accidentally deleted secure boot keys and now computer can’t boot up

1. Accidentally deleted secure boot keys and now computer can’t boot up - Similar Threads - Accidentally deleted secure

2. Accidentally activated C partition no boot now. What’s up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally activated C partition no boot now. What’s up?: Got a computer question. I'm hooking up my dad's old computer right so I reinstalled Windows 10 and a disk management. I activated the wrong partition by accident said to change the partition to an active operating system and I did but now my computer won't even launch the...
  3. Accidentally activated C partition no boot now. What’s up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidentally activated C partition no boot now. What’s up?: Got a computer question. I'm hooking up my dad's old computer right so I reinstalled Windows 10 and a disk management. I activated the wrong partition by accident said to change the partition to an active operating system and I did but now my computer won't even launch the...
  4. Accidentally activated C partition no boot now. What’s up?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Accidentally Cleared Secure boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally Cleared Secure boot: Recently I accidentally cleared secure boot keys on UFEI settings. Now secure boot is grayed out and choosing "Load hp default keys" doesn't help but stuck at loading animation. How to restore secure boot keys?...
  6. Accidentally Cleared Secure boot

Accidentally Cleared Secure boot: Recently I accidentally cleared secure boot keys on UFEI settings. Now secure boot is grayed out and choosing "Load hp default keys" doesn't help but stuck at loading animation. How to restore secure boot keys?...
  7. Secure Boot can’t be enabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secure Boot can’t be enabled: Hello,I want to play a sertaint game, but when i lunch it i get an error message saying i need tmp 2.0 which i have and secure boot eanbled. When i go in the BIOS it says i have enabled secure boot, but in system information it says its not on. How can i fix thisThanks...
  8. Secure Boot can’t be enabled

Secure Boot can’t be enabled: Hello,I want to play a sertaint game, but when i lunch it i get an error message saying i need tmp 2.0 which i have and secure boot eanbled. When i go in the BIOS it says i have enabled secure boot, but in system information it says its not on. How can i fix thisThanks...
  9. Secure Boot can’t be enabled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Secure Boot can’t be enabled: My Secure boot In my computer is enabled but the system information states that the secure boot is disabled.How can I solved this problem?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/secure-boot-cant-be-enabled/deb7c0e8-30f8-48e6-962e-b75be7a4f4e5
  10. Can’t boot up windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t boot up windows: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/misterchow21 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i7tspp/cant_boot_up_windows/