Windows 10: Accidentally activated C partition no boot now. What’s up?

Discus and support Accidentally activated C partition no boot now. What’s up? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Got a computer question. I'm hooking up my dad's old computer right so I reinstalled Windows 10 and a disk management. I activated the wrong partition... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tyler Tomko, Oct 5, 2024 at 5:27 PM.

1. Accidentally activated C partition no boot now. What’s up?

Got a computer question. I'm hooking up my dad's old computer right so I reinstalled Windows 10 and a disk management. I activated the wrong partition by accident said to change the partition to an active operating system and I did but now my computer won't even launch the drive won't even boot think you could help me out?

:)

Tyler Tomko, Oct 5, 2024 at 5:27 PM
  2. topgundcp Win User

Multiple Boot Managers and/or active partitions error

I don't know what you did to fix previously but with the commands above should rebuild the the partition unless the partition itself is corrupted preventing you to run those commands.
    Let's try another way:

1. Download the Macrium Rescue disk: MacRescue.iso - Google Drive
    2. Using a USB stick to create a bootable USB with: Rufus - Create bootable USB drives the easy way
    3. Boot up the PC with UEFI Mode and follow the screen shots to rebuild the EFI System partition.
      NOTE: The title must show: ..... Win PE 10 [UEFI] for step 3 to work since your Windows installed with GPT disk.
    IMPORTANT: make sure you use the correct disk in step 2, in your case is disk 1

Accidentally activated C partition no boot now. What’s up? 179108d1519972393t-multiple-boot-managers-active-partitions-error-p1.jpg

Accidentally activated C partition no boot now. What’s up? 179109d1519972421t-multiple-boot-managers-active-partitions-error-p2.jpg

3. FX-GMC Win User
    Move Win7 64 image from a partition NTFS to a new drive

EDIT: After reading your first post again, is there any reason that you would now need GPT? Are you just trying to move the windows install to a new disk or is there a new motherboard involved?

If you are already booting to an NTFS partition, then it makes me wonder if after copying to the new drive, the partition isn't getting marked as Active.

Following the same steps I posted above for startup repair, you can get to a command prompt and use diskpart to see if this is the case.

Code: In the command prompt: diskpart list disk select disk 0 (disk number may be different if you have other disks connected.) list partition select partition 0 (partition number number may vary, but you want to see the boot partition which is the same as your windows partition according to the screenshot on the OP) detail partition (This should have Active: Yes or No. If it says no, since we have the partition selected, you can just use the following command in diskpart) active[/quote]

4. Accidentally activated C partition no boot now. What’s up?

unmark a partition as "active"

After changing to active partition my computer doesn't boot so what can I do now?

Ayush Chandra, Oct 5, 2024 at 5:32 PM
Thema:

Accidentally activated C partition no boot now. What’s up?

1. Accidentally activated C partition no boot now. What’s up? - Similar Threads - Accidentally activated partition

2. Accidentally activated C partition no boot now. What’s up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally activated C partition no boot now. What’s up?: Got a computer question. I'm hooking up my dad's old computer right so I reinstalled Windows 10 and a disk management. I activated the wrong partition by accident said to change the partition to an active operating system and I did but now my computer won't even launch the...
  3. Accidentally activated C partition no boot now. What’s up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidentally activated C partition no boot now. What’s up?: Got a computer question. I'm hooking up my dad's old computer right so I reinstalled Windows 10 and a disk management. I activated the wrong partition by accident said to change the partition to an active operating system and I did but now my computer won't even launch the...
  4. C: partition now UNALLOCATED?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C: partition now UNALLOCATED?: USER ERROR...I accidentally typed a SMALL c: when performing a simple backup of a Quicken file. Now the computer is named C: and primary drive.I want to have C: as a separate partition...HOW???I went thru the disk management process and saw how to name an unallocated...
  5. C: partition now UNALLOCATED?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C: partition now UNALLOCATED?: USER ERROR...I accidentally typed a SMALL c: when performing a simple backup of a Quicken file. Now the computer is named C: and primary drive.I want to have C: as a separate partition...HOW???I went thru the disk management process and saw how to name an unallocated...
  6. C: partition now UNALLOCATED?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Accidentally deleted secure boot keys and now computer can’t boot up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally deleted secure boot keys and now computer can’t boot up: Hey guys, I messed up. I was trying to disable secure boot in BIOS and ended up deleting the manufacture secure boot keys. My computer now can’t boot up. I have a Dell Inspiron 24 3464 that’s currently running Windows 10 if that information helps. When I turn on my...
  8. I accidentally deleted the partitions on a C: drive, restored them, but now it won't boot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I accidentally deleted the partitions on a C: drive, restored them, but now it won't boot.: TLDR: title. Behold my disk manager screenshot pardon my french, where Disk 0 is my laptop's C: drive, which is normal, and Disk 2 is the patient. As you can see, the partitions are not the same. [ATTACH] -------------------- Details: So i want to upgrade from my old...
  9. C drive marked as active accidentally.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    C drive marked as active accidentally.: I accidentally marked c drive as active through disk management in windows 10 and now the bios is saying no operating system is found. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/c-drive-marked-as-active-accidentally/77b9c5e5-c72f-4312-bc46-f88eddcf8511
  10. What is an active partition?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What is an active partition?: hi again, By accident I've partitioned my external HHD as active (by fiddling around with the Disk Manager), and it seems I can't undo it. Can that cause any damage to the bootup? I hope not. My system should boot up from the C: drive, as far as I know, and C: is an...