Windows 10: Access NVMe files from outside the PC it's installed in

Discus and support Access NVMe files from outside the PC it's installed in in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'll try to keep it short:I have two PC, a desktop one I built and a laptop.The laptop works fine and has windows 11 on it.The desktop one has 4... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by __Moro__, May 1, 2024.

1. __Moro__ Win User

Access NVMe files from outside the PC it's installed in

I'll try to keep it short:I have two PC, a desktop one I built and a laptop.The laptop works fine and has windows 11 on it.The desktop one has 4 drives: an HDD SATA and just as an archivean SSD SATA and just as an archiveand 2 SSD NVMe, one with the OS WIN 10 on it and the other I used for games.The SSD SATA used to have windows on it.Now something went wrong with the formatting and I can't get past the BIOS without an error.I wanted to install win11 on one of the two NVMe, and I plan to prepare the flashdrive with my laptop, no problem there.But I still need to recover some data fro

:)

__Moro__, May 1, 2024

2. Windows 10 installer don't detect NVMe drive

Thanks. This helped but only partly.

NVMe disk is now listed in choose-disk step but installer says that its unable to install WIndows on this disk because it has MBR partition. Windows can only be installed on GPT disks in EFI systems.

What should i do now ?

WojciechCe, May 1, 2024
  3. Windows refuses to install on NVME SSD (Samsung 960 EVO)

First, thanks everyone who copy-pasted the first relevant results they found in Google. I found those before I asked the question.

The solution that I got to work is as follows:

• Disable CSM / UEFI
    • Enable Secure Boot
    • Now the installer can access the NVME SSD
      • Format the drive
      • Restart the machine

• Enable CSM / UEFI

• Disable Secure Boot

• Proceed to installer and now Windows will allow you to install to the NVME SSD drive

MikeIsMike, May 1, 2024
  4. Access NVMe files from outside the PC it's installed in

Windows 10 installer don't detect NVMe drive

I have 2 drives:

• disk1 (SATA SSD, with Ubuntu 16.04)
      • partition1 (sda1: flag /boot)
      • partition2 (sda2: flag /home, encrypted by LUKS)
    • disk2 (NVMe SSD)

So, the goal is to install Windows 10 on disk2 and boot it from GRUB (which is on sda1).

What is the problem ?

In disk-choose step, disk2 is missing. However Ubuntu 14.04 installer "see" this disk, so I assume that is software issue, rather than my hardware.

What I tried to solve this problem ?

• loaded Samsung NVMe drivers from this thread
    • patched Windows image using DISM tool by adding 2 updates. I followed this guide
    • tried to run Windows 10 installed on USB stick to install it

All of them failed.

Please help me to solve this issue.

WojciechCe, May 1, 2024
Thema:

Access NVMe files from outside the PC it's installed in

1. Access NVMe files from outside the PC it's installed in - Similar Threads - Access NVMe files

2. can't move files outside pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't move files outside pc: Every time i try to export some file, any file out of pc this pop-up shows and i can't seem to move files out. I can move files from one device to another using pc as a medium but i cannot move files that are downloaded in it. I have tried full system security scan, antivirus...
  3. can't move files outside pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't move files outside pc: Every time i try to export some file, any file out of pc this pop-up shows and i can't seem to move files out. I can move files from one device to another using pc as a medium but i cannot move files that are downloaded in it. I have tried full system security scan, antivirus...
  4. RDP Access to A Client PC from Outside LAN Environment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP Access to A Client PC from Outside LAN Environment: Hello there, I realize that this query has been brought up a number of times, yet I am having difficulty connecting to a client machine from outside my LAN. Both Machines are Windows 10 Pro, LAN environment is Windows Domain. I am connecting using a random port number XXXX in...
  5. RDP Access to A Client PC from Outside LAN Environment

RDP Access to A Client PC from Outside LAN Environment: Hello there, I realize that this query has been brought up a number of times, yet I am having difficulty connecting to a client machine from outside my LAN. Both Machines are Windows 10 Pro, LAN environment is Windows Domain. I am connecting using a random port number XXXX in...
  6. RDP Access to A Client PC from Outside LAN Environment

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Access NVMe files from outside the PC it's installed in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access NVMe files from outside the PC it's installed in: I'll try to keep it short:I have two PC, a desktop one I built and a laptop.The laptop works fine and has windows 11 on it.The desktop one has 4 drives: an HDD SATA and just as an archivean SSD SATA and just as an archiveand 2 SSD NVMe, one with the OS WIN 10 on it and the...
  8. Access NVMe files from outside the PC it's installed in

Access NVMe files from outside the PC it's installed in: I'll try to keep it short:I have two PC, a desktop one I built and a laptop.The laptop works fine and has windows 11 on it.The desktop one has 4 drives: an HDD SATA and just as an archivean SSD SATA and just as an archiveand 2 SSD NVMe, one with the OS WIN 10 on it and the...
  9. Local host is not accessible from outside

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local host is not accessible from outside: Hi team, I've recently upgraded from win 10 to 11. I am learning web development. The problem I'm facing is , after hosting my web page locally in my pc, I'm trying to access that from my Android using ip address and port my pc stays connected at that time via mobile hotspot....
  10. Local host is not accessible from outside

Local host is not accessible from outside: Hi team, I've recently upgraded from win 10 to 11. I am learning web development. The problem I'm facing is , after hosting my web page locally in my pc, I'm trying to access that from my Android using ip address and port my pc stays connected at that time via mobile hotspot....