Windows 10: About the network credentials in Windows 11 new update 24H2

Discus and support About the network credentials in Windows 11 new update 24H2 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Dear allI hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek assistance regarding an issue I am experiencing with Windows 11 version 24H2. Despite... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Arslan Qayyum, Oct 17, 2024 at 2:07 AM.

1. About the network credentials in Windows 11 new update 24H2

Dear allI hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek assistance regarding an issue I am experiencing with Windows 11 version 24H2. Despite having password-protected sharing disabled, I am continuously prompted for credentials when attempting to access shared resources on my network.I have already attempted the following troubleshooting steps:Verified that password-protected sharing is turned off.Checked and adjusted file and folder permissions.Ensured that the guest account is enabled.Verified that network discovery settings are appropriately configured.Reset network settings and r

:)

Arslan Qayyum, Oct 17, 2024 at 2:07 AM

2. Network Credentials

Hi Sammy,

To assist you better regarding your concern with network credentials, have you checked the Windows credentials for any information about the username and password for the network credentials? If not yet, follow the steps below to access Windows Credentials
    manager.

• Press the Windows icon on the desktop.
    • Type in Windows Credentials.
    We would appreciate as well if you could provide us a screenshot.

Let us know how it goes.

3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Windows Network Credentials

Hi Keith,

We suggest that you disable Credential Manager before mapping your Drives. Please follow these steps to disable Credential Manager:

• In the search box type “Services
    • Right click on “Services” and select “Run as Administrator
    • In the Services Window, look for Credential Manager Service and click “Stop”.
    • Restart the computer and go back the Credential Manager Service and set it to “Automatic”.
    • Restart the computer again.

Please keep us updated if you were able to map your drives.

4. DaveM121 Win User

About the network credentials in Windows 11 new update 24H2

Factory reset Windows 11 24H2 (build 26100.863)

Hi, I am Dave, I will help you with this.

There are no currently listed problems resetting version 24H2 of Windows 11 and no specific steps you need to perform, are you experiencing any problems with that insider build that is causing you to perform a Windows reset?

Thema:

About the network credentials in Windows 11 new update 24H2

1. About the network credentials in Windows 11 new update 24H2 - Similar Threads - network credentials update

2. About the network credentials in Windows 11 new update 24H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About the network credentials in Windows 11 new update 24H2: Dear allI hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek assistance regarding an issue I am experiencing with Windows 11 version 24H2. Despite having password-protected sharing disabled, I am continuously prompted for credentials when attempting to access shared...
  3. Problem in network Windows 11 24h2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem in network Windows 11 24h2: After updating to the new Windows 11h2, some machines experienced network issues with both cable and Wi-Fi. They connect but don’t get network access and receive an IP address starting with 169…, resulting in no internet or network connection. I updated drivers, firmware, and...
  4. Problem in network Windows 11 24h2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem in network Windows 11 24h2: After updating to the new Windows 11h2, some machines experienced network issues with both cable and Wi-Fi. They connect but don’t get network access and receive an IP address starting with 169…, resulting in no internet or network connection. I updated drivers, firmware, and...
  5. Windows 11 network credentials

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 network credentials: I have a home network comprising four Synology NAS units, a printer, a Dell Desktop, and an MSI laptop, all running the latest update of Windows 11 Pro. On the Dell, all devices usually appear in the File Explorer's network pane, except for the Dell itself, and the MSI...
  6. Windows 11 network credentials

Windows 11 network credentials: I have a home network comprising four Synology NAS units, a printer, a Dell Desktop, and an MSI laptop, all running the latest update of Windows 11 Pro. On the Dell, all devices usually appear in the File Explorer's network pane, except for the Dell itself, and the MSI...
  7. Windows 11 update 24H2 restrict network changes

Windows 11 update 24H2 restrict network changes: Hi Everyone,My office environment has an hybrid of Windows 10 and Windows 11 client machines. The machines have been functioning until the update build of Windows 11 24H, suddenly my machines couldn't access the office LAN or wifi. The wifi is working when connecting to a...
  8. Windows 11 update 24H2 restrict network changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 update 24H2 restrict network changes: Hi Everyone,My office environment has an hybrid of Windows 10 and Windows 11 client machines. The machines have been functioning until the update build of Windows 11 24H, suddenly my machines couldn't access the office LAN or wifi. The wifi is working when connecting to a...
  9. Windows 11 update 24H2 changes network access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 update 24H2 changes network access: I have two pc's that are almost identical hardware, with W11 Home, but one has not yet updated to 24H2 while the other has.The apps links shown on the bottom of this image are not present on the 24H2 version, which is a retrograde step as finding the settings app should be...
  10. Windows 11 update 24H2 changes network access

Windows 11 update 24H2 changes network access: I have two pc's that are almost identical hardware, with W11 Home, but one has not yet updated to 24H2 while the other has.The apps links shown on the bottom of this image are not present on the 24H2 version, which is a retrograde step as finding the settings app should be...