Windows 10: About snipping tool

Discus and support About snipping tool in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My computer system is Win11. I can confirm that all the softwares and the whole system are up-to-date. My internet connection is good. The system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by zhu091, Oct 23, 2024 at 11:57 AM.

1. zhu091 Win User

About snipping tool

My computer system is Win11. I can confirm that all the softwares and the whole system are up-to-date. My internet connection is good. The system sound, camera and microphone are working well. Despite that, there are several problems with snipping tool.>When I try to use the snipping tool to record the screen for a video, there is no system sound e.g. sound of a youtube video in a browser. Recently when recording screen and output audio using Snipping tool, at the end I get a sign saying "Problems with recording audio. If an open app is using WASAPI exclusive mode, change it to shared mod

:)

2. snipping tool

Please try this:

Step 1:

Click Start, and type Snipping Tool.

Right-click Snipping Tool from the search results, and click App Settings

Click Reset,

Click Repair.

Note: In Windows 11, there is no Snip and Sketch. It comes pre-installed with the new Snipping Tool (which replaces the old Snipping Tool and Snip & Sketch apps)

Step 2:

Turn off Focus assist if it's enabled

Step 3:

Open Services.msc and make sure that the following services are set to "Automatic" and running:

• Windows Push Notifications System Service
    • Windows Push Notifications User Service

Ramesh Srinivasan, Oct 23, 2024 at 11:59 AM
  3. snipping tool

Your post is unclear. Please post a step-by-step description of what you are doing, e.g. like so:

• Open the snipping tool
    • Click "New"
    • etc.

Frederik Long, Oct 23, 2024 at 11:59 AM
  4. About snipping tool

Cannot screenshot with Snipping Tool

Thanks for replying! I've done everything you suggested, but the issue still persists. To make it easier to troubleshoot, I've listed all the things I've tried so far.

System Model: OMEN Laptop 15-ek1xxx

Symptom: The Snipping Tool app opens as expected but when trying to take a screenshot by clicking on "New" inside the app or using its shortcuts (PrtSc or Windows + Shift + S), the cursor briefly changes to buffer and the app minimizes, but nothing happens.

Troubleshooting Steps Taken:

• Terminated Snipping Tool
    • Repaired Snipping Tool
    • Reset Snipping Tool
    • Updated Windows and drivers
    • Set time automatically
    • Set time to October 30/31, 2021
    • Enabled/disabled settings inside Snipping Tool
    • Enabled delay and fullscreen options inside Snipping Tool
    • Enabled notifications and priority notifications for Snipping Tool
    • Changed Snipping Tool to run "Always" as a background app
    • Enabled Clipboard History
    • Enabled "use PrtSc to use Snipping Tool"
    • Clicked on "New" inside Snipping Tool
    • Used the PrtSc key and Windows + Shift + S shortcut
    • Checked that the keyboard hardware is up to date and not faulty
    • Pinned Snipping Tool to the taskbar
    Advanced Troubleshooting Steps:

• Disabled "Do not allow Snipping Tool to run" in gpedit (Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Tablet PC > Accessories)
    • Created the "DisableSnippingTool" key in registry (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\TabletPC and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\TabletPC) and set it to 0
    • Created the "EnableSnippingTool" key in registry (Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Applets\SnippingTool) and set it to 1
    • Ran sfc/scannow
    • Ran DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    • Restarted Windows Explorer
    • Uninstalled and reinstalled Snipping Tool via PowerShell/cmd
    • Perfomed a Clean Boot
    • Created a new user profile
    What I have not tried:

• Enabled App Permissions Picture on Snipping Tool (the option does not show on advanced options)
    • Ran the Windows 11 Snipping Tool Directly from the "Windows.old" folder (I do not have Windows.old folder)
    • Reset Windows

Vinicius Valins, Oct 23, 2024 at 11:59 AM
Thema:

About snipping tool

1. About snipping tool - Similar Threads - snipping tool

2. About snipping tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About snipping tool: My computer system is Win11. I can confirm that all the softwares and the whole system are up-to-date. My internet connection is good. The system sound, camera and microphone are working well. Despite that, there are several problems with snipping tool.>When I try to use the...
  3. Snipping tool generates black rect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping tool generates black rect: In our desktop app, some windows needs to be excluded from capture. Following API is being used to execlude from capture: SetWindowDisplayAffinitypShowHideDialog->m_hWnd, WDA_EXCLUDEFROMCAPTURE; On first time when window is displayed, capture excludes this window properly....
  4. Snipping tool generates black rect

Snipping tool generates black rect: In our desktop app, some windows needs to be excluded from capture. Following API is being used to execlude from capture: SetWindowDisplayAffinitypShowHideDialog->m_hWnd, WDA_EXCLUDEFROMCAPTURE; On first time when window is displayed, capture excludes this window properly....
  5. Why is my Snipping Tool app a bit crooked when i try to copy the results?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my Snipping Tool app a bit crooked when i try to copy the results?: Hi guys,Basically i recently updated my windows laptop to Windows 11, but i have noticed the Snipping Tool app being weird, it works fine when screenshotting something, but the results are a bit crooked, here is what the results looked like when screenshotting my taskbar:...
  6. Why is my Snipping Tool app a bit crooked when i try to copy the results?

Why is my Snipping Tool app a bit crooked when i try to copy the results?: Hi guys,Basically i recently updated my windows laptop to Windows 11, but i have noticed the Snipping Tool app being weird, it works fine when screenshotting something, but the results are a bit crooked, here is what the results looked like when screenshotting my taskbar:...
  7. Snipping tool popping up continuously I tried everything but issue is not solved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping tool popping up continuously I tried everything but issue is not solved: Snipping tool popping up continuously I tried everything but issue is not solved https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snipping-tool-popping-up-continuously-i-tried/c72dc753-849b-42a3-8d06-e090c1b76a27
  8. Snipping tool popping up continuously I tried everything but issue is not solved

Snipping tool popping up continuously I tried everything but issue is not solved: Snipping tool popping up continuously I tried everything but issue is not solved https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snipping-tool-popping-up-continuously-i-tried/c72dc753-849b-42a3-8d06-e090c1b76a27
  9. Snipping Tool Video is Incomplete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool Video is Incomplete: Hello, I have seen this issue brought up but no solution. I recorded a video with the snipping tool, and the file that saved is only 13 seconds long. Looking at the times on it you can see that it was created at one time and saved a little less than an hour later- where is...
  10. Snipping Tool Video is Incomplete

Snipping Tool Video is Incomplete: Hello, I have seen this issue brought up but no solution. I recorded a video with the snipping tool, and the file that saved is only 13 seconds long. Looking at the times on it you can see that it was created at one time and saved a little less than an hour later- where is...