Windows 10: About GPU wattage usage.

Discus and support About GPU wattage usage. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a Asus TUF F15 FX506HF RTX 2050,recentally after updating my driver my GPU power wattage is capped to 55 watts even though it has dynamic boost... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Arpan Ak, Oct 18, 2024 at 1:07 PM.

1. Arpan Ak Win User

About GPU wattage usage.

I have a Asus TUF F15 FX506HF RTX 2050,recentally after updating my driver my GPU power wattage is capped to 55 watts even though it has dynamic boost and 70 watts TGP. please help me solve this.

:)

2. Roblox low gpu usage issue

Thanks for reaching out! I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you.

Thank you for providing detailed information about your issue. To better assist you, I have a few additional questions and suggestions:

1. Other Games: Could you specify which other games you are able to run without any issues? This will help us understand the performance demands in comparison to Roblox.
    2. Temperature and Usage: Please check your CPU's temperature and usage while playing Roblox. Tools such as HWINFO, MSI Afterburner, or similar can provide this information. Overheating or throttling could potentially cause the FPS drops you are experiencing.
    3. Testing Steps: You've already tried several troubleshooting steps, which is great. However, considering the following might help narrow down the issue further:
      • Check for any dust buildup or insufficient cooling that might be affecting your GPU's performance over time.
      • Monitor the GPU usage and temperatures to see if there are any unusual spikes or drops when the FPS issue occurs.
    4. Power Supply: Your 320W PSU might be on the lower end for your system's power requirements, especially under load. Even though you've tested with another PSU, ensure that it is of a higher wattage and quality to rule out power issues completely.
    5. RAM and SSD: Since you suspect the SSD or RAM might be causing issues, consider running diagnostics:
      • Use tools like MemTest86 to check for any RAM errors.
      • Perform a thorough check on your SSD health using tools like CrystalDiskInfo.
    6. FPS Unlocker: While you mentioned that the FPS Unlocker isn’t the issue, try running Roblox without it to see if the problem persists. This can help rule out any software conflicts.
    Please share the results from these tests, especially the CPU and GPU temperature and usage statistics, as they will help in diagnosing the issue further.

Munkhbayar B., Oct 18, 2024 at 1:10 PM
  3. Nolesy Win User
    Conversion|wattage basics

Thanks for the reply. So, if a device doesn't include its wattage in the title - like the 700 watt juicer - is there a way to tell what wattage it is? Would a 300 watt transformer be useful for most small household appliances?

How come you suggest not using devices designed for different grid-voltages? Are you saying step down transformers can be problematic?

Thanks again.

4. About GPU wattage usage.

gpu usage spiking up and down on amd gpu

Thank you very much for reaching out! As an Independent Advisor and fellow Microsoft user, I'm more than happy to assist you.

Would you mind giving these steps a try and then informing me of the outcome?

1. Check for Malware:
      • Run a full system scan using a reputable antivirus program to ensure that no malware is causing the high GPU usage.
    2. SFC, DISM:
      • Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files. Open Command Prompt as an administrator and run:

• This command attempts to repair the Windows image using files from Windows Update. If the process gets stuck, be patient and let it complete.
    3. Clean Driver Installation:
      • Use Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to completely remove your current GPU drivers and then reinstall the latest stable version from the AMD website:
        1. Download and run DDU from a trusted source.
        2. Reboot your PC after the uninstallation.
        3. Install the latest drivers from the AMD website.
    4. Disable Unnecessary Startup Programs:
      • Some startup programs might be causing the GPU spikes. Use msconfig to perform a clean boot:
        1. Press Win + R, type msconfig, and press Enter.
        2. Go to the Services tab, check "Hide all Microsoft services," and then disable all.
        3. Go to the Startup tab and open Task Manager. Disable all startup items.
        4. Restart your computer and see if the issue persists.
    5. Disable Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling:
      • Sometimes, disabling hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling can help:
        1. Go to Settings > System > Display > Graphics settings.
        2. Turn off "Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling".
    6. Update BIOS and Chipset Drivers: Ensure your motherboard BIOS and chipset drivers are up to date.
    7. Check for Windows Updates: Make sure your Windows is fully updated as Microsoft often releases patches that can fix such issues.

Please feel free to reach out if you require any additional assistance. I'm here to help!

Munkhbayar B., Oct 18, 2024 at 1:10 PM
Thema:

About GPU wattage usage.

1. About GPU wattage usage. - Similar Threads - GPU wattage usage

2. About GPU wattage usage.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About GPU wattage usage.: I have a Asus TUF F15 FX506HF RTX 2050,recentally after updating my driver my GPU power wattage is capped to 55 watts even though it has dynamic boost and 70 watts TGP. please help me solve this....
  3. psu wattage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    psu wattage: so i need help in determining if 500 watts is enough so i got an atx mobouefi an fx 8320 gtx 1050non ti 2 hdd`son avarage 1 since i got a bay just count as 2 a ssd and 2 optical drivesdvd rw i belive same type made in april 2022 and 16 gigs of ram4x4 is 500 watts enough for...
  4. psu wattage

psu wattage: so i need help in determining if 500 watts is enough so i got an atx mobouefi an fx 8320 gtx 1050non ti 2 hdd`son avarage 1 since i got a bay just count as 2 a ssd and 2 optical drivesdvd rw i belive same type made in april 2022 and 16 gigs of ram4x4 is 500 watts enough for...
  5. Low gpu usage in roblox and gpu usage dropping

Low gpu usage in roblox and gpu usage dropping: So I bought HP Compaq Elite 8200 CMT PC i5 2400 without disk. I upgraded it by adding one stick of ram, gtx 1050 ti, 1 ssd disk and 1 hdd disk and changing i5 2400 for i7 2600. I have a little problem with roblox because my gpu usage is kinda low, it's lower than cpu one. So...
  6. Low gpu usage in roblox and gpu usage dropping

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Low gpu usage in roblox and gpu usage dropping: So I bought HP Compaq Elite 8200 CMT PC i5 2400 without disk. I upgraded it by adding one stick of ram, gtx 1050 ti, 1 ssd disk and 1 hdd disk and changing i5 2400 for i7 2600. I have a little problem with roblox because my gpu usage is kinda low, it's lower than cpu one. So...
  7. Gpu usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Gpu usage: I would like to ask when running a game such as forza horizon 5 at ultra settings on a 2080 ti and i9 9900k is it normal for the gpu usage to be in the 80’s and if so is it bad for your gpu and if you know any fixes let me know...
  8. Gpu usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gpu usage: I would like to ask when running a game such as forza horizon 5 at ultra settings on a 2080 ti and i9 9900k is it normal for the gpu usage to be in the 80’s and if so is it bad for your gpu and if you know any fixes let me know...
  9. Gpu usage

10. Wattage

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Wattage: I want to buy a R9-290X for around $200 but 300 watts is a bit much. So can I get a good video card without it putting out so much wattage?