Windows 10: About English systeam display Chinese.......

Discus and support About English systeam display Chinese....... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Recently, I reinstalled the Windows 10 system and downloaded the English system image from the Microsoft official website. However, when the system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Alette-, Oct 20, 2024 at 8:27 AM.

1. Alette- Win User

About English systeam display Chinese.......

Recently, I reinstalled the Windows 10 system and downloaded the English system image from the Microsoft official website. However, when the system prompted that everything was ready, I logged into the Microsoft account. However, the "Calculator" that originally displayed the English name began to be displayed as "", along with other applications, such as Microsoft Store, Media Player, Photos, Clock, etc.

:)

2. Can't change Windows 10 22H2 from Chinese to English!

This should be easy, yet Win10 is not giving me the option to do so. Please Help! Model of your computer - ASUS X455L Laptop Windows and device specifications - Windows 10 version 22H2 Build 19045.2728 What troubleshooting steps you have performed :
    1. Went to Language Settings and try to add a new language. I noticed that, unlike other Windows 10 devices, I have it does not list "Display Language" (with the A & Chinese symbol next to it). Only Text-to-Speech, Speech recognition, and Handwriting are listed. Photos shown above demonstrate that issue.
    2. So I tried to use the instructions provided here using the Microsoft App store. While I did manage to make the App store show up in English. The other steps provided did not work.
    3. So I tried to use lpksetup as part 4 showed here and that did not work. Showing the Yellow exclamation mark in the photos above.
    4. I tried using power shell as shown here and it gave me the error code shown in the image below.
    5. I did more over the course of two days which I cannot recall so I cannot list them here. All failed.
    I am unsure what to do next or why this is an issue to begin with. If there is a solution. Please let me know. Thanks!
    About English systeam display Chinese....... 387736d1679256050t-cant-change-windows-10-22h2-chinese-english-01.png

About English systeam display Chinese....... 387737d1679256050t-cant-change-windows-10-22h2-chinese-english-02.png

About English systeam display Chinese....... 387738d1679256050t-cant-change-windows-10-22h2-chinese-english-04.png

About English systeam display Chinese....... 387739d1679256050t-cant-change-windows-10-22h2-chinese-english-05.png

About English systeam display Chinese....... 387740d1679256050t-cant-change-windows-10-22h2-chinese-english-09.png

About English systeam display Chinese....... 387741d1679256075t-cant-change-windows-10-22h2-chinese-english-03.png

About English systeam display Chinese....... 387742d1679256075t-cant-change-windows-10-22h2-chinese-english-06.png

About English systeam display Chinese....... 387743d1679256075t-cant-change-windows-10-22h2-chinese-english-07.png

About English systeam display Chinese....... 387744d1679256075t-cant-change-windows-10-22h2-chinese-english-08.png

3. The PC no longer displays in English but has reverted to Chinese as the Display language.

Dear Wungraileng Vashi,

Thank you for your reply. I did not make any changes to the PC settings and the only change that has recently occurred is that the BBC Iplayer App was updated to a new version.

Step I results

English (UK) is selected (though if say French is selected the keyboard will reflect the French keyboard layout)

Step 2 Results

English (UK) is selected

Step 3 Results

English (UK) is the top Language (Though cannot be certain if the the Chinese actually indicates if it is the default)

I have removed English as the language and installed French, but apart from the keyboard reflecting those language changes the O/S is still displaying Chinese. There is no Chinese in the installed languages.

Regards,

Rupert

RupertRidout-Jamieson, Oct 20, 2024 at 8:28 AM
  4. About English systeam display Chinese.......

Help, half Chinese, half English Computer.....

Hi,

If you want to change the language on your computer from Chinese to English, then you need to install the language pack of your preferred language. To do that, follow these easy steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Time & language, then click
      Region & language
    • Under Languages, click Add a language, then select
      English.

In case it is still showing in Chinese language, you can follow these other steps below:

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard, then select Control Panel.
    • Go to Clock, Language, and Region, then select Language.
    • Next, click Advanced settings, then under Override for Windows display language, you will get the language option to select.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thema:

About English systeam display Chinese.......

1. About English systeam display Chinese....... - Similar Threads - English systeam display

2. About English systeam display Chinese.......

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About English systeam display Chinese.......: Recently, I reinstalled the Windows 10 system and downloaded the English system image from the Microsoft official website. However, when the system prompted that everything was ready, I logged into the Microsoft account. However, the "Calculator" that originally displayed the...
  3. About English systeam display Chinese.......

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About English systeam display Chinese.......: Recently, I reinstalled the Windows 10 system and downloaded the English system image from the Microsoft official website. However, when the system prompted that everything was ready, I logged into the Microsoft account. However, the "Calculator" that originally displayed the...
  4. The software display "?". How to be compatible with both Chinese and English software.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The software display "?". How to be compatible with both Chinese and English software.: system: windows 10 enterpriseversion: 22H2Settings—Time & Language—Region & Language—Additional date, time, & regional settings—Change Location—Region——Administrative——change system locale….——Current system localeQuestion:I have two software, one is Chinese interface software...
  5. The software display "?". How to be compatible with both Chinese and English software.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The software display "?". How to be compatible with both Chinese and English software.: system: windows 10 enterpriseversion: 22H2Settings—Time & Language—Region & Language—Additional date, time, & regional settings—Change Location—Region——Administrative——change system locale….——Current system localeQuestion:I have two software, one is Chinese interface software...
  6. The software display "?". How to be compatible with both Chinese and English software.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Can't change the display language from Chinese to English

Can't change the display language from Chinese to English: Hi savvy tech guys and girls, I just bought a brand new HP OMEN 17 in China and no surprise everything is in Chinese. But no matter what I do, I can't seem to change the display language to English. What I have done: 1. I have downloaded an English language pack. 2. I...
  8. How to display Chinese characters in an English version of Windows PE.

in Windows 10 Support
    How to display Chinese characters in an English version of Windows PE.: I have a bootable "Bob.Omb’s Modified Win10PEx64" USB device. It does not support Chinese characters, which will be displayed as junk characters. Is it possible to make it support Chinese? 153648
  9. Microsoft display screen in Chinese to English

Microsoft display screen in Chinese to English: Team Microsoft hello, I m currently living in China and just bought a Lenovo PC at the shop (Windows 10). We have been there hours trying to find a solution to change the system/display screen in English. It is not working. We firstly look on the website for people’s...
  10. How to change a display font to English from Chinese?

How to change a display font to English from Chinese?: Hello Team - I bought a new laptop with Win10 and the default language is Chinese. Please let me know how to change the display language to English?...