Windows 10: About being hacked

Discus and support About being hacked in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Last week and again this week I've been advised of online purchases with two major retailors that I never made. They were charged to my credit card,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Folkhedd, Sep 27, 2023.

1. Folkhedd Win User

About being hacked

Last week and again this week I've been advised of online purchases with two major retailors that I never made. They were charged to my credit card, one through PayPal and the other direct to my card. These fraudsters have both my credit card number and my address The charges have been reversed and I am of course replacing my credit card with a new one. I'm wondering if my computer has been hacked and if there is anyway to check on this by way of a scan or some other method. I have Kaspersky Total Security installed and as well most of the time I use a VPN.Any advice and/or assistance would b

:)

Folkhedd, Sep 27, 2023
  2. R.Mike Win User

Email Hacked

Hello Greg

thank you for your response and the great information you provided.

I use two step authentication for my email account and all important web sites. I also use the full version of Malwarebytes to protect my computer.

But I will do the scans you suggested AdwCleaner and Limewire.com and let you know the results.

I am worried though that the webcam installed on my laptop could have been hacked. I never use it and forgot about it, so never disabled it.

Any suggestions as to find if it was actually hacked?

thank you

mike

R.Mike, Sep 27, 2023
  3. PP Mguire Win User
    77000 Steam accounts hacked every month

Ironically I've had the same crappy password since I made my Steam when HL2 came out and never been hacked, but I've had my Origin account jacked twice with a much more complicated password. 2 step on Origin fixed this problem, but just thought it was kind of funny. I went with 2 step on Steam to be safe too.

PP Mguire, Sep 27, 2023
  4. About being hacked

Account hacked

My email (live.com) account was hacked.

• To whom do I report?
    • Where do I send header information?
    • How do I recover my account?

System details:

• Running Windows 10 on an HP all-in-one computer
    • Office 365

Thanks for your help.

BarbaraLamkin, Sep 27, 2023
Thema:

About being hacked

1. About being hacked - Similar Threads - being hacked

2. Recieved email that my account is hacked and being blackmailed for money

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recieved email that my account is hacked and being blackmailed for money: I recieved an email stating that my account has been hacked previously while I was using a an old password that used some time ago through malware virus, and I am being blackmailed to transfer money to bitcoin account or else sensitive material will be sent to my contacts....
  3. Recieved email that my account is hacked and being blackmailed for money

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recieved email that my account is hacked and being blackmailed for money: I recieved an email stating that my account has been hacked previously while I was using a an old password that used some time ago through malware virus, and I am being blackmailed to transfer money to bitcoin account or else sensitive material will be sent to my contacts....
  4. Recieved that mail has been hacked, being blackmailed and threatened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recieved that mail has been hacked, being blackmailed and threatened: I recieved an email stating that my account has been hacked previously while I was using a an old password through malware virus, and I am being blackmailed for money or else sensitive material will be sent to my contacts. What should I do? Could you help me in this...
  5. Recieved that mail has been hacked, being blackmailed and threatened

Recieved that mail has been hacked, being blackmailed and threatened: I recieved an email stating that my account has been hacked previously while I was using a an old password through malware virus, and I am being blackmailed for money or else sensitive material will be sent to my contacts. What should I do? Could you help me in this...
  6. Am I being hacked?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Am I being hacked?: I keep getting pop-ups on my PC saying that it’s being hacked and that I have viruses in my PC. I sadly clicked it because I thought it was real and it was telling me to run a scan through my device and I clicked scan and it said I have 5 infections??? There was also a white...
  7. Am I being hacked?

Am I being hacked?: I keep getting pop-ups on my PC saying that it’s being hacked and that I have viruses in my PC. I sadly clicked it because I thought it was real and it was telling me to run a scan through my device and I clicked scan and it said I have 5 infections??? There was also a white...
  8. trying to read somthing for info and got hacked now my computer is being watched

in Windows 10 Gaming
    trying to read somthing for info and got hacked now my computer is being watched: i litterly deleted everything cuz i freeked out im stay of forms my come puter was laggy cuz we were all online at the same time i clicked a link in a form from like 2014 cuz i thought it was a link that wold take me to the info i was looking at and instintly knew it was a...
  9. trying to read somthing for info and got hacked now my computer is being watched

trying to read somthing for info and got hacked now my computer is being watched: i litterly deleted everything cuz i freeked out im stay of forms my come puter was laggy cuz we were all online at the same time i clicked a link in a form from like 2014 cuz i thought it was a link that wold take me to the info i was looking at and instintly knew it was a...
  10. trying to read somthing for info and got hacked now my computer is being watched

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security