Windows 10: Able to connect to some websites, but not others

Discus and support Able to connect to some websites, but not others in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was trying to use the "Mobile Hotspot" in Windows 10. Upon connecting on another device, I noticed I could only connect to some websites, like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by qwerty_wintechfourm, Apr 26, 2022.

1. Able to connect to some websites, but not others

I was trying to use the "Mobile Hotspot" in Windows 10. Upon connecting on another device, I noticed I could only connect to some websites, like microsoft.com, or account.google.com, but not ones like google.com, scratch.mit.edu, speedtest.net, and others.Websites like google.com report a "ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE"pls help

:)

qwerty_wintechfourm, Apr 26, 2022

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Apr 26, 2022
  3. Connection to websites

Hello,

We understand that you are having connection issues with your PC. We would like to ask additional information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• How is your PC connected to the internet? Hard wired or wireless?
    • If you are using a wireless connection, are there other devices connected to the internet? Are they having issues as well?
    • If you are using a hard wired connection, have you tried to do any troubleshooting steps?
    • Can you provide us the exact message on your screen when you access any websites?

Here's a
    support article
    that you can check. This provides several troubleshooting steps that you can try to resolve the issue regarding network connections in Windows 10.

Looking forward to your response.

Jennifer Bri, Apr 26, 2022
  4. Able to connect to some websites, but not others

Cannot Connect to a Favorite Website

I tried the suggestion to refresh Firefox, etc. I still cannot go to this website. The error message states that if I have a firewall or proxy, that might be the problem. I am frustrated that I'm able to access all my favorite websites but this one.

PaulaGeister, Apr 26, 2022
Thema:

Able to connect to some websites, but not others

1. Able to connect to some websites, but not others - Similar Threads - Able connect websites

2. Can't connect to some websites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to some websites: I upgraded to Windows 11, but I have problems with Internet. The Internet will work for 1 minute and then it stops.The WiFi is working on other devices. Sometimes youtube works, sometimes it doesn't work.Sometimes youtube and some websites work but Gmail and outlook don't...
  3. Can't connect to some websites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect to some websites: I upgraded to Windows 11, but I have problems with Internet. The Internet will work for 1 minute and then it stops.The WiFi is working on other devices. Sometimes youtube works, sometimes it doesn't work.Sometimes youtube and some websites work but Gmail and outlook don't...
  4. I can open some websites on Edge but not others.

I can open some websites on Edge but not others.: I am currently in a different country and when I go on to my Edge on windows 11 I can access YouTube, Amazon, Facebook and Gmail. However, if I try to access Outlook, Word Press and other websites I can't. Which is strange since it was working all fine before and I can access...
  5. Not able to surf some websites through PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to surf some websites through PC.: Hi, there are certain websites that I am unable to surf through my computer but those websites are reachable through my smartphone over same wifi network.Though when I connect my PC to same network but through my smartphone's wifi tethering the websites are easily...
  6. Not able to surf some websites through PC.

Not able to surf some websites through PC.: Hi, there are certain websites that I am unable to surf through my computer but those websites are reachable through my smartphone over same wifi network.Though when I connect my PC to same network but through my smartphone's wifi tethering the websites are easily...
  7. Able to connect to some websites, but not others

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Able to connect to some websites, but not others: I was trying to use the "Mobile Hotspot" in Windows 10. Upon connecting on another device, I noticed I could only connect to some websites, like microsoft.com, or account.google.com, but not ones like google.com, scratch.mit.edu, speedtest.net, and others.Websites like...
  8. Able to connect to some websites, but not others

Able to connect to some websites, but not others: I was trying to use the "Mobile Hotspot" in Windows 10. Upon connecting on another device, I noticed I could only connect to some websites, like microsoft.com, or account.google.com, but not ones like google.com, scratch.mit.edu, speedtest.net, and others.Websites like...
  9. Not Able To Connect To Certain Websites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not Able To Connect To Certain Websites: I Have Updated My Windows 10 Recently And Since I Did The Update, I Have Been Unable To Connect To Certain Websites Such As; https://store.steampowered.com/ https://euw.leagueoflegends.com/ https://discordapp.com/ I Tried Resetting (Keeping My Personal Files) And It...
  10. I can connect to some websites but not to others??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can connect to some websites but not to others??: So I have 2 wifi connections at my house one Shaw cable and the other is Telus DSL. On my Acer Aspire V17 running windows 10. On my Shaw wireless I cannot connect to some websites. IMDB, CBS fantasy and I even couldnt download Chrome. but Facebook is fine and others. when i...