Windows 10: A Wee Something for AI Cynics and Others, too Wink

Discus and support A Wee Something for AI Cynics and Others, too Wink in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I keep trying to tell Folks who want to bash, complain about, want to remove or scoff at AI in their devices that that is just the tip of the iceberg.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Drew1903, Oct 1, 2024 at 5:07 AM.

1. Drew1903 Win User

A Wee Something for AI Cynics and Others, too Wink

I keep trying to tell Folks who want to bash, complain about, want to remove or scoff at AI in their devices that that is just the tip of the iceberg. And that our future is brightened due to good usage of AI in more areas than you can imagine. That said, for a bit of an eye-opener, take a look at THIS.Cred: MSCheers,Drew

:)

2. Microsoft Windows 10 AI Functionality

Hi, My name is Ahmet, and I am an Independent Advisor. I hope you're well, I'm sorry that you are experiencing this issue. I'd be more than happy to assist you.

AI Functions Available in Windows 10

Cortana: Microsoft's personal digital assistant provides the user with task reminders, information search, calendar management and other personal assistance services.

Windows Search: Advanced search features use AI to find files and apps.

Windows Hello: Provides secure log-in using AI with facial recognition, fingerprint scanners and other biometric security features.

Photos App: AI is used to organize, identify and tag photos.

Ink and Pen: Uses AI to make digital ink and pen input more natural.

Windows Defender: Uses AI-based methods to detect and block malware.

Disabling AI Functions

If you want to disable some of the AI functions, you can follow the steps below:

Disable Cortana

Turning off Cortana:

Right-click the Cortana icon on the taskbar.

Scroll down to “Cortana” and select “Off”.

Disable Cortana Settings:

Open “Settings” from the Start menu.

Go to “Privacy” and select the “Speech, ink and text” tab.

Here you can select “Stop speech services and writing suggestions”.

Disable Windows Search AI Features

Disable Call History and Cloud Based Search:

Go to Settings > Privacy > Call history.

You can disable search history using the “Clear search history on this device” and “Manage search history” options.

Advanced Call Settings:

Go to Settings > Search > Search permissions and history.

Turn off “Manage my search history on my device and in the cloud”.

Disabling Windows Hello

Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options.

Turn off Windows Hello methods (face recognition, fingerprint).

Disable AI Features in the Photos App

Open the Photos app.

Select “Settings” from the three-dot menu in the top right corner.

Disable options such as “Identify contacts” and “Turn off album suggestions”.

Disable Windows Defender AI Features

Disabling Windows Defender's AI features completely can put your security at risk. However, you can turn off some features:

Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Virus and threat protection > Manage settings.

You can turn off options like real-time protection and cloud-based protection.

With these steps you can disable AI functions in Windows 10. However, keep in mind that some features are beneficial for security and user experience.

Let me know how it goes and hopefully it will help.

Have a wonderful day.

Yours sincerely,

Ahmet

3. Brink Win User
    New AI task suggestions in Microsoft To Do web application

Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...o/ba-p/2052607

4. A Wee Something for AI Cynics and Others, too Wink

ASUS Ai Charger and Ai Charger Plus removed, notification every time computer starts...

Hi,

I realize that you get notification about
    ASUS Ai Charger and Ai Charger Plus being removed. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to update any Asus utility program that came with the computer and restart the PC to check if that helps.

Suggest you to boot the computer in a clean boot state and check if that helps. A clean boot state will help us to determine if any 3rd party service or application is causing this issue.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow the steps under “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot” in the article to boot to normal startup.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Oct 1, 2024 at 5:13 AM
Thema:

A Wee Something for AI Cynics and Others, too Wink

1. A Wee Something for AI Cynics and Others, too Wink - Similar Threads - Wee Something Cynics

2. A Wee Something for AI Cynics and Others, too Wink

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A Wee Something for AI Cynics and Others, too Wink: I keep trying to tell Folks who want to bash, complain about, want to remove or scoff at AI in their devices that that is just the tip of the iceberg. And that our future is brightened due to good usage of AI in more areas than you can imagine. That said, for a bit of an...
  3. AI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AI: HIhow do i turn this off in Bing?Bing is your AI-powered copilot for the web.Thank youTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ai/554449ba-42ab-4926-a196-da410f5b4ff9
  4. AI

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    AI: HIhow do i turn this off in Bing?Bing is your AI-powered copilot for the web.Thank youTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ai/554449ba-42ab-4926-a196-da410f5b4ff9
  5. AI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AI: Draw in circle pentagram, describe algorithm using 0-100% and 0-100 degrees.In algorithm replace numbers with algorithm of their shapes, example 4 is square algorithm, result is recursive algorithm of human mind....
  6. AI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AI: Draw in circle pentagram, describe algorithm using 0-100% and 0-100 degrees.In algorithm replace numbers with algorithm of their shapes, example 4 is square algorithm, result is recursive algorithm of human mind....
  7. RODE AI-1 - Sounds too low

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RODE AI-1 - Sounds too low: Hi guys,I met a big trouble,help me please!!I recently buy rode ai-1 with the mic of zdm-1.When I'm trying to use audition to record something, i found that the volume is sounds very low. The biggest sound is -18~-24the mic's knob on the ai-1 is already 100%, so as pc volumeI...
  8. RODE Procaster - AI-1 - Sounds too low

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RODE Procaster - AI-1 - Sounds too low: Hi, I'm trying to use the Procaster mic for voice-over in PowerPoint, but I have to crank the AI-1 and my speakers to the top to hear something at a decent volume. The volume mic is already at 100% The playback and recording Hz are the same 96000. I've tried to...
  9. A wee Suggestion / Tip

in Windows 10 Customization
    A wee Suggestion / Tip: Just sharing food for thought & a bit of a recommendation There are unneeded taskbar icons w/ K/B shortcuts, re: Search & Cortana, BUT... there are 3 that do well being there & improve the experience if & when they are on the taskbar. They are Settings, This PC & Task View a...
  10. A wee TIP for Power Users menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    A wee TIP for Power Users menu: Maybe you are not aware of this, yet... This is in regard to the Power Users menu: It can be open by Rt Clking Windows logo. It can, also, be opened w/ Win+X and it is this way I am addressing, here. If, via Rt Clking no letters in the item words are underlined. BUT, use...