Windows 10: A product suggestion rather than a question really...File Explorer

Discus and support A product suggestion rather than a question really...File Explorer in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I would like to see within windows file explorer and option via either the file options or perhaps a visible pin toggle, to turn a "one instance only"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Grant Cole1, Jun 3, 2023.

1. A product suggestion rather than a question really...File Explorer

I would like to see within windows file explorer and option via either the file options or perhaps a visible pin toggle, to turn a "one instance only" on or off, if the toggle is on this would force any further opening of new folder in a new tab rather than a new window. Turning the toggle off would return to the default option of opening the folder in a new windows unless selected to open new tab via context options.Sorry if this is in the wrong place but couldn't find where to create a suggestion.

:)

Grant Cole1, Jun 3, 2023
  2. Paolo Mag Win User

"This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Jun 3, 2023
  3. AM*
    Am* Win User
    Uber file server build -- suggestions

Uber file server build -- suggestions?

I'm currently in the process of buying stuff for my file server build. Going to try and keep this build all in one thread this time.

Stuff already bought:

• Motherboard (socket 1155 H61)
      RAM (1600MHz)
      PCI SATA cards
      Operating System (Windows 8 + FreeNAS)
      SSD
      CPU (35w Pentium Ivybridge 2.6GHz)
    Looking for suggestions on:

• GPU -- use the on-die GPU or buy a PCI-E graphics card (was thinking of a 7750)? My only requirement is that it is able to run 1080p mkv files and play Blurays without a problem.
      Case -- needs to hold as many 3.5" drives as humanly possible (more than 10 at least), while not being too expensive
      PSU -- needs to be able to run over 40 SATA HDDs as well as 6xPCI RAID cards and 1xPCI-E 2.0 RAID card. Silver, Gold or Platinum?
      CPU Cooler -- fanless or not?
      Case fans
    That's all I can think of for now...unless I'm forgetting something...oh and one more thing -- I will be buying the hard drives two at a time as I run out of space. Also the PCI-E RAID card will be bought a lot later down the line, as I've only just got enough hard drives for 1 out of 6 of my PCI SATA cards.

Any suggestions, feel free to post. Thanks

4. LesFerch Win User

A product suggestion rather than a question really...File Explorer

How to add Width & Height in the File Explorer column 'suggestions'?  

Yes, use WinSetView to add those two properties to the right-click properties pop-up menu:

A product suggestion rather than a question really...File Explorer 368868d1655210396t-how-add-width-height-file-explorer-column-suggestions-bildbreite.png

LesFerch, Jun 3, 2023
Thema:

A product suggestion rather than a question really...File Explorer

1. A product suggestion rather than a question really...File Explorer - Similar Threads - product suggestion rather

2. This is more of a statement rather than a question.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This is more of a statement rather than a question.: Windows 11 does not measure up to Windows 10! You've had several years to add items that were in Windows 10 back into Windows 11. Windows 10 allowed the task bar height to be changed and Windows 11 will not allow that. In addition, after 10 days of installing Windows 11 it is...
  3. This is more of a statement rather than a question.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This is more of a statement rather than a question.: Windows 11 does not measure up to Windows 10! You've had several years to add items that were in Windows 10 back into Windows 11. Windows 10 allowed the task bar height to be changed and Windows 11 will not allow that. In addition, after 10 days of installing Windows 11 it is...
  4. Files Explorer Suggestions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files Explorer Suggestions: Files Explorer Suggestions:1. Recent list: compress it. Why is this list all spread out? Other lists of files in Explorer aren't all spread out.Compared to:2. Tab Titles Tab Titles would be more useful if they favored the right most part of the title instead of the most...
  5. Files Explorer Suggestions

Files Explorer Suggestions: Files Explorer Suggestions:1. Recent list: compress it. Why is this list all spread out? Other lists of files in Explorer aren't all spread out.Compared to:2. Tab Titles Tab Titles would be more useful if they favored the right most part of the title instead of the most...
  6. A product suggestion rather than a question really...File Explorer

A product suggestion rather than a question really...File Explorer: I would like to see within windows file explorer and option via either the file options or perhaps a visible pin toggle, to turn a "one instance only" on or off, if the toggle is on this would force any further opening of new folder in a new tab rather than a new window....
  7. File Explorer Sign in - defaults to secondary account rather than primary account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Sign in - defaults to secondary account rather than primary account: I see a "Please sign in" notice in File Explorer, but when I click on it to do so, it defaults to a secondary account I sometimes use and not the account I typically use for logging into Windows or Microsoft services.Can I change this?...
  8. File Explorer Sign in - defaults to secondary account rather than primary account

File Explorer Sign in - defaults to secondary account rather than primary account: I see a "Please sign in" notice in File Explorer, but when I click on it to do so, it defaults to a secondary account I sometimes use and not the account I typically use for logging into Windows or Microsoft services.Can I change this?...
  9. Does File Explorer have the ability open another File Explorers in tabs rather than a new...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Does File Explorer have the ability open another File Explorers in tabs rather than a new...: When working out the file explorer, it would be helpful to have the ability to open tabs instead of opening another file explorer in a new window. Is there a setting for this?...
  10. Icons for PNG files shown in Windows Explorer rather than thumbnails

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Icons for PNG files shown in Windows Explorer rather than thumbnails: Hello All, After uninstalling software which allows the user to view 3D files (as well as most image/movie files), I could not get thumbnails to show in Windows Explorer for PNG and MP4 file types. I figured that since I was going to upgrade to Windows 10, I would allow...