Windows 10: A bunch of my ONEDRIVE files are missing

Discus and support A bunch of my ONEDRIVE files are missing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello I have a bunch of onedrive files missing. 4 years of digitised artwork. Cannot find them anywhere. The file folders are there but they're empty.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mooksii, Mar 23, 2022.

1. mooksii Win User

A bunch of my ONEDRIVE files are missing

Hello I have a bunch of onedrive files missing. 4 years of digitised artwork. Cannot find them anywhere. The file folders are there but they're empty. Like what the heck. Where are they? I've tried restoring to an older point, uninstalling updates etc but still can't find the files. I'm absolutely livid. I have a chronic illness and this work was not easy to do. Please help before I loose my mind. How do I find files stored in onedrive. I thought onedrive was meant to be the safest option.

:)

mooksii, Mar 23, 2022

2. Onedrive

Hi Hiatt,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to refer the article Find
    lost or missing files in OneDrive
    for more information regarding the missing files.

If the issue still persists please follow the steps to contact
    OneDrive support for further assistance on this issue.

1. Login to OneDrive.com.
    2. Click the ? Help icon on the top banner of the page.
    3. Select Email OneDrive support for the further assistance.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Mar 23, 2022
  3. OneDrive Personal Missing 'Green Ticks'

Hi James,

The issue that you encountered regarding the program is may be caused by some files or components that are missing on the system. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you
    reset OneDrive using the Run commands. This process will restart the program to its working state and eliminate any software conflicts. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

• Click Start, type Run, and then press Enter.
    • Copy and paste the following command into the Run window and click
      OK.
      • %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset
    • Make sure that the OneDrive icon in the notification area of the taskbar will disappear and reappear after a minute or two.
    • If the icon doesn’t reappear after a few minutes, copy this command:
      %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe
      and paste it into the
      Run window, and then click OK.
    • Once you’re done, check if the issue persists.

Let us know if the suggestion works for you.

Joseph Ban, Mar 23, 2022
  4. A bunch of my ONEDRIVE files are missing

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Mar 23, 2022
Thema:

A bunch of my ONEDRIVE files are missing

1. A bunch of my ONEDRIVE files are missing - Similar Threads - bunch ONEDRIVE files

2. recover my OneDrive missing files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recover my OneDrive missing files: My files have disappeared from OneDrive and from my c: drive after "assistance" from windows tech support remote assist. how do i recover my files? Please email me with viable answers @ *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  3. recover my OneDrive missing files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    recover my OneDrive missing files: My files have disappeared from OneDrive and from my c: drive after "assistance" from windows tech support remote assist. how do i recover my files? Please email me with viable answers @ *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  4. recover my OneDrive missing files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Onedrive is missing files

Onedrive is missing files: Hi,I just logged into my onedrive account on my phone and it looks like most all of my files are missing, even though I would constantly get notifications on my computer that my onedrive was almost full. So what happened to my files? Could someone with Microsoft help me...
  6. Missing a Bunch of File Types in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing a Bunch of File Types in Windows 11: I am missing some very common file types in Windows 11, such as JPG, PNG, etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-a-bunch-of-file-types-in-windows-11/45db7a23-47e8-4c3e-8941-61e1e2aba6a9
  7. Missing a Bunch of File Types in Windows 11

Missing a Bunch of File Types in Windows 11: I am missing some very common file types in Windows 11, such as JPG, PNG, etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-a-bunch-of-file-types-in-windows-11/45db7a23-47e8-4c3e-8941-61e1e2aba6a9
  8. A bunch of my ONEDRIVE files are missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A bunch of my ONEDRIVE files are missing: Hello I have a bunch of onedrive files missing. 4 years of digitised artwork. Cannot find them anywhere. The file folders are there but they're empty. Like what the heck. Where are they? I've tried restoring to an older point, uninstalling updates etc but still can't find the...
  9. A bunch of my ONEDRIVE files are missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A bunch of my ONEDRIVE files are missing: Hello I have a bunch of onedrive files missing. 4 years of digitised artwork. Cannot find them anywhere. The file folders are there but they're empty. Like what the heck. Where are they? I've tried restoring to an older point, uninstalling updates etc but still can't find the...
  10. Missing files from my onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing files from my onedrive: I attempted to move files from my unsynced onedrive, I used copy cut and paste to try to move it fully outside of the onedrive but somehow it ended up wiping every file from the universe. I've tried to see if I could restore to a previous version of both onedrive and the file...