Windows 10: 30 Minute boot time after a brownout.

Discus and support 30 Minute boot time after a brownout. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Recently had a brownout pretty common where I live this time of year and after rebooting my PC it took approximately 30 minutes to load into the UI.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Iberhardt, Sep 6, 2023.

1. Iberhardt Win User

30 Minute boot time after a brownout.

Recently had a brownout pretty common where I live this time of year and after rebooting my PC it took approximately 30 minutes to load into the UI. Once in the UI absolutely nothing worked for another half hour, setting, cmd, disk cleanup even my 3rd party apps like discord. I think it's corrupted to all hell but sfc scannow isn't seeing any corrupt files and I can't reset my PC as it was stuck at restarting please wait for almost 5 hours. I know it can take a hot moment as I've had to reset a few PCs but not that long. Even trying through my win11 USB and reinstalling there has yet to work

:)

Iberhardt, Sep 6, 2023

2. Windows 7 taking 30 to boot

Tried all suggested.

No difference, still taking 30 minutes to boot.

Alan Frith, Sep 6, 2023
  3. Windows taking 30-50 minutes to boot to LogIn screen

Hi,

I've followed the Clean Boot instructions and the computer is now booting up again. It's already clear that's made no difference, I'm waiting on the login screen coming up just like before...

Thanks for the suggestions, it's good to work through everything, even if it does take 30 minutes wait after each attempt! I'm determined to work out what is causing this.

Thanks,

Stephen.

StephenGibb- [O365], Sep 6, 2023
  4. 30 Minute boot time after a brownout.

Windows taking 30-50 minutes to boot to LogIn screen

Hi,

We've now had a three laptops (HP but completely different models) go from working completely normally to having major problems with no obvious root cause.

The latest laptop to have this happened this morning and I see no Windows Updates or HP Updates for yesterday or the previous few days.

The laptops take 30 to 50 minutes to load the login screen from power on. Once logged in numerous services are not running, including not being able to view wifi networks. These services will happily start if clicked to start from Services in Control Panel.
    Event Log shows multiple services failing to start during the long boot up.

After manually starting these failed automatic start services the computer for the most part seems to be working, apart from being completely unable to type anything into the Cortana search bar. There may be other issues that I've not yet come across, but
    certainly nothing obvious. The same problems happens every time it is booted up now.

I've tried running DISM.exe and SFC.exe. SFC reported issues and that they were repaired. I've also switched off fast booting. The boot time has reduced by 20 minutes, but it still takes 30 minutes and the services not running and Cortana search problems
    remain.

I found the following thread on another website which describes the exact same issue. Nobody seems to have an answer there.

Question - Windows 10 Long Boot Time (20 minutes) Black Screen With Spinning Circle

I do not believe it is a hardware issue, as when we've run the hardware scan in the past it passes all the tests. HP are not interested in assisting when there is no hardware fault.

Any ideas of

• why this is happening?
    • how to resolve it without a full reset on Windows (which going by the thread on TomsHardware doesn't permanently fix it anyway)?

Thanks!

Stephen.

StephenGibb- [O365], Sep 6, 2023
Thema:

30 Minute boot time after a brownout.

1. 30 Minute boot time after a brownout. - Similar Threads - Minute boot brownout

2. 30 Minute boot time after a brownout.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    30 Minute boot time after a brownout.: Recently had a brownout pretty common where I live this time of year and after rebooting my PC it took approximately 30 minutes to load into the UI. Once in the UI absolutely nothing worked for another half hour, setting, cmd, disk cleanup even my 3rd party apps like discord....
  3. BSOD 30 minutes after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD 30 minutes after startup: Hi,I recently did a fresh install of Windows, upgrading to Windows 11. For the first week it was working well, but after today, I've been having issues. I downloaded some updates the day the issues started, but the pc crashed before the reboot that was supposed to install...
  4. BSOD 30 minutes after startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD 30 minutes after startup: Hi,I recently did a fresh install of Windows, upgrading to Windows 11. For the first week it was working well, but after today, I've been having issues. I downloaded some updates the day the issues started, but the pc crashed before the reboot that was supposed to install...
  5. 5-minute boot time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    5-minute boot time: A month or two ago Windows 10 Home suddenly started taking 5 minutes to start up. It used to take a minute. Details: No performance issues after boot Most of the boot time is during "Welcome" screen 2 languages installed - English and Japanese, OS is English CPU Pentium i5...
  6. Windows boot up takes 30 minutes

Windows boot up takes 30 minutes: Hey guys, I have a problem with system Boot. Last months i have a problem booting my PC, it takes more than 20 minutes to boot up. It used to do this only when the computer was restarted, now it always happens when I turn on the computer. Here is link with System Summary...
  7. Restart/boot time takes long time (more than 30 minutes)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restart/boot time takes long time (more than 30 minutes): Hello, i want to ask about my laptop that run on windows 10 home, version 1803. I just bought this new laptop, at first it was fine, but after about a week it started to have problem that it takes time too long than normal when it is restarted or booted. I have tried multiple...
  8. Asus X552CL laptop boots up but powers down after exactly 30 minutes every time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Asus X552CL laptop boots up but powers down after exactly 30 minutes every time: Anyone know any fixes for this issue? One of the problems is by the time it is booted up, there is only about 25 minutes to work on it before it switches off...
  9. PC will not boot for 30 minutes after windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC will not boot for 30 minutes after windows update: Hello Since the Windows Updates in August I have found that after installing an update and shutting down/powering up or restarting my PC starts up and then switches off before starting up again. When the PC starts up there is no signal to the monitor but my keyboard and...
  10. BSOD after 30 minutes after boot

BSOD after 30 minutes after boot: I run Win10 under Parallels at MacBook. Few days ago it started to crash about 30 minutes after boot. I don't need to do anything, just wait and it will die. Usually it's REGISTRY_ERROR, but sometimes another error. sfc shows some errors, but they don't look dangerous....