Windows 10: 30% cpu usage % 60% ram usage on normal use

Discus and support 30% cpu usage % 60% ram usage on normal use in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; using a dell xps 13 -2018 model with i5 and 8gb rab. whenever im using zoom, or jus browsing web, there is a general lag in the computer and its not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bil_123, Jan 28, 2021.

1. 30% cpu usage % 60% ram usage on normal use

using a dell xps 13 -2018 model with i5 and 8gb rab. whenever im using zoom, or jus browsing web, there is a general lag in the computer and its not due to a weak internet connection, the lag is with the graphics. in task manager, the cpu is regularly around 30% and the memory is usually around 60%. I dont game at all, only using zoom, microsoft word, youtube and netflix. Is this normal?

submitted by /u/bil_123
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bil_123, Jan 28, 2021

2. cpu 100% and ram 50-60% usage when using the pc

Hi Experts,

I need your suggestions for the issue i am facing.

recently upgraded to window 10 1093.

since then i am having issues with my pc.

When i open the chrome to browse the cpu usage showing 100% and ram to 50-60%.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Rithvik Rai

rithvikrai, Jan 28, 2021
  3. CPU Usage Stuck at 30%

I'm sorry but there are no background process using 30% of cpu. The highest one is Microsoft Software Protection Platform, using 7% of cpu. The other one is Explorer, using 3% of cpu.

Should i disable it?

That is 10%. So there is another 20% being used somewhere and it must show in details tab using more details on bottom to show all processes. It has been this way from day one of Windows OS's. Or maybe there is malware or a virus. But it still should show
    CPU usage and items combined will equal the total CPU usage.

seahawks65, Jan 28, 2021
  4. 30% cpu usage % 60% ram usage on normal use

RAM leaks and high CPU usage

Sorry to seem so negative, folks, but am I the only one who thinks it's disgraceful that the onus seems continually to be on users to fix the ridiculous RAM leaks and high CPU usage problems that were caused by the Fall 2017 Creators Update?

I received the Creators Update for Windows 10 Pro near the end of the year -- not surprisingly, since I'm currently living in eastern Europe. Installation went smoothly, but from the outset, I began experiencing significantly higher RAM and CPU usage. These
    were issues that I'd not experienced before. I did a bit of research, and discovered that the errors don't really seem to depend on system hardware or idiosyncratic configurations. Instead, the problems appear to lie clearly with the update itself.

I'm lucky enough to have a very robust system: i7 Haswell-E 5820, factory overclocked and liquid-cooled; 32 GB of RAM; GTX-980; fast SSD as my program drive, etc. I also have a Rainmeter skin that shows me RAM and CPU usage in real time. On boot, I used
    to see only about 2.25 GB of RAM being used; CPU would settle to 1-2%. Since the Creators Update, RAM usage on boot is routinely from a low of about 4.25 GB to as much as 7.5 GB, and CPU usage regularly shows prolonged inexplicable intervals of 20 - 35% usage,
    and occasionally even more.

I've tried the various suggested measures to alleviate the problems, with minimal (and only temporary) success at best. I've had no success at all in trying to get information directly from Microsoft through Support. It's worth noting that all the various
    suggestions to deal with these problems involving taking steps to cripple Windows functionality in order to reduce system overheads, thereby depriving users of some of the very benefits the OS is supposed to provide. Microsoft doesn't seem to be bothered by
    that; in fact, it seem quite content to allow users to flounder around in the mess created by the update.

Does anyone have a definitive solution for the RAM leakage and CPU usage problems (short of turning to an alternative OS)? Is there any word as to whether Microsoft will address these problems soon?

Moved from: [Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]

FlatPicker, Jan 28, 2021
Thema:

30% cpu usage % 60% ram usage on normal use

1. 30% cpu usage % 60% ram usage on normal use - Similar Threads - 30% cpu usage

2. High idle ram usage 8gb using 60%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High idle ram usage 8gb using 60%: ive had my laptop for about a year now played only minecraft all of a sudden i keep running out of ram whatever tf i do im idle at 60% usage right as i restart my computer im pissed i tried everything background process that consume most are windows defender got virtual...
  3. High idle ram usage 8gb using 60%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High idle ram usage 8gb using 60%: ive had my laptop for about a year now played only minecraft all of a sudden i keep running out of ram whatever tf i do im idle at 60% usage right as i restart my computer im pissed i tried everything background process that consume most are windows defender got virtual...
  4. High idle ram usage 8gb using 60%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Is this RAM usage normal?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is this RAM usage normal?: I have no tabs open in chrome and steam is on the homepage. Is this normal? If not, how can I fix it?Sometimes chrome goes up to multiple GB of Ram and steam goes up to 500MB...
  6. Is this RAM usage normal?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is this RAM usage normal?: I have no tabs open in chrome and steam is on the homepage. Is this normal? If not, how can I fix it?Sometimes chrome goes up to multiple GB of Ram and steam goes up to 500MB...
  7. cpu 100% and ram 50-60% usage when using the pc

cpu 100% and ram 50-60% usage when using the pc: Hi Experts, I need your suggestions for the issue i am facing. recently upgraded to window 10 1093. since then i am having issues with my pc. When i open the chrome to browse the cpu usage showing 100% and ram to 50-60%. Please suggest. Regards, Rithvik Rai...
  8. 60% ram usage????

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    60% ram usage????: Ok so long story short my PC (a hp z220 with i7 3770, 8gb ddr3, gtx1050 ti) started out of nowhere to always have 40-60% ram usage! and it doesn't show up what's eating 40-60% it just says it but not whats eating it!! I tried a lot of stuff including changing drivers for...
  9. High idle ram usage 8gb using 60%

High idle ram usage 8gb using 60%: i got a new laptop and the ram usage at idle is 60% with 8gb of ram in games like rust they ram is running 90% and only using 4gb for rust this makes the game unplayable i would like to know if i will just have to buy more ram or a can clear up some space. below are my ram...
  10. Is my CPU usage and memory usage "normal"?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is my CPU usage and memory usage "normal"?: My CPU usage is going unstable and is going all over the place when I open programs like firefox. It can go up to 60% when I do something simple like play a video. On the other hand, my memory is always at 40%+ and this is actually stable Here is a pic. [img] The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cpu and ram always on 60%