Windows 10: 2 identical monitors displaying different resolutions

Discus and support 2 identical monitors displaying different resolutions in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have 2 insignia monitors, both the same model that are displaying different resolutions 1360x768 and 1366x768this question has been asked previously... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Robert Vanderpool, Jan 27, 2023.

1. 2 identical monitors displaying different resolutions

I have 2 insignia monitors, both the same model that are displaying different resolutions 1360x768 and 1366x768this question has been asked previously but the thread is now closed and none of the solutions can solve my problem. Any help? Thanks.Old Thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-identical-monitors-displaying-different/db9c9d8d-d5e6-4640-9e3b-0c82ad98077a

:)

Robert Vanderpool, Jan 27, 2023

2. 2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions

Hi, I have 2 identical Acer monitors displaying different resolutions and can't figure out how to resolve.

Both monitors are attached to a Dell docking station via displayport cables. The docking station is hooked up to a Dell Latitude laptop via mini usb.

The first monitor is displaying at 2560 x 1440 and the other is at 1920 x 1080. Any help fixing this is appreciated!

Ryan Meredith, Jan 27, 2023
  3. Display Resolution for two monitor have different settings

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The display resolution depends on the monitors that you have plugged into your computer. The display resolution modes will vary with each display based on the video card device, monitor size, video driver, and monitor driver.
    By default, Windows chooses the best display settings for your PC based on your monitor, so it is recommended to set the screen resolution of the display to the (Recommended) native resolution to get the best display on your monitor.

To have better clarity on the issue, let us know the model numbers of your monitors, so that we can provide you the exact display resolution which is recommended to your monitors.

Meanwhile, try the below methods and see if this helps.

Changing the Display Resolution from Settings.

Step 1: Right Click on an empty space on the desktop and click on
    Display Settings.

Step 2: In the
    Display Settings window, scroll down and click on 'Advanced display settings' option under
    Multiple displays.

Step 3: Then, click on
    Display adapter properties for Display 1, Display 2, or
    Display 3; whichever monitor you want to change the resolution for.

Step 4: Once the Display properties pops-up, click on 'List All Modes' option.

Step 5: Select a display mode that you want for the selected display and click on
    OK.

Step 6: Then, click on
    Apply and OK for the changes to take effect.

If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver by opening
    Device Manager, right-click on the monitor drivers, and select
    Uninstall. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the drivers.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jan 27, 2023
  4. 2 identical monitors displaying different resolutions

2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions

It could be very possible, sometimes the Docking station will have a monitor with a primary connection thats powerful enough to drive the monitor at full resolution. But additional monitors will limited because of this. In such cases, it is recommended
    you lower resolution of the primary monitor.

Andre for Directly, Jan 27, 2023
Thema:

2 identical monitors displaying different resolutions

1. 2 identical monitors displaying different resolutions - Similar Threads - identical monitors displaying

2. 2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions: this is the same question as:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-identical-monitors-displaying-different/db9c9d8d-d5e6-4640-9e3b-0c82ad98077aUnfortunately that thread is locked so I have no choice but to ask that question again, so that I could post a...
  3. 2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions: this is the same question as:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-identical-monitors-displaying-different/db9c9d8d-d5e6-4640-9e3b-0c82ad98077aUnfortunately that thread is locked so I have no choice but to ask that question again, so that I could post a...
  4. 2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions: I have connected 2UHD monitors using USB-C port docking station.My second connected display/monitor is coming with less resolutions in this case, 2nd monitor is displaying with HD1080p even though monitor is supported with UHD1440p....
  5. 2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions: I have connected 2UHD monitors using USB-C port docking station.My second connected display/monitor is coming with less resolutions in this case, 2nd monitor is displaying with HD1080p even though monitor is supported with UHD1440p....
  6. 2 identical monitors displaying different resolutions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 identical monitors displaying different resolutions: I have 2 insignia monitors, both the same model that are displaying different resolutions 1360x768 and 1366x768this question has been asked previously but the thread is now closed and none of the solutions can solve my problem. Any help? Thanks.Old Thread:...
  7. Display Resolution for two monitor have different settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display Resolution for two monitor have different settings: I bought a HP Pavilion with windows 10 home and im running 3 monitors. 1 32" LG TV and 2 LG Ultrawide monitors via a j5 create adaptor. For a while everything was running fine until the screen black out for a second the came back. The display resolution went from...
  8. Help setting 2 displays with different resolutions

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Help setting 2 displays with different resolutions: Hi I have an Acer 1440x900 @ 60Hz monitor for my PC connected by VGA to my GTX 650 - I have my LG 1920x1080 @ 60Hz (50Hz compatible) TV connected via a long HDMI cable... I currently have the displays mirrored, but the resolution on the TV is the same as the Acer (1440x990...
  9. Herlp setting 2 displays with different resolutions

Herlp setting 2 displays with different resolutions: Hi I have an Acer 1440x900 @ 60Hz monitor for my PC connected by VGA to my GTX 650 - I have my LG 1920x1080 @ 60Hz (50Hz compatible) TV connected via a long HDMI cable... I currently have the displays mirrored, but the resolution on the TV is the same as the Acer (1440x990...
  10. monitor Display Identities.

monitor Display Identities.: Hi, I have a AMD R9 280 video card. I am running Windows 10. I have a new LG 27" lcd desktop monitor, and a 40" Panasonic plasma wall mounted, for watching movies. Outputs from my vid card are hdmi out to lg, displayport out to hdmi in on my surround sound receiver that is...