Windows 10: 2 annoying issues since upgrading to windows 10 Typing issues

Discus and support 2 annoying issues since upgrading to windows 10 Typing issues in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I am looking for a bit of advice if possible. I really don't know what to call my problems, and I don't know if its related to my laptop, or the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by PLambert87, Dec 9, 2015.

1. 2 annoying issues since upgrading to windows 10 Typing issues

Hi, I am looking for a bit of advice if possible. I really don't know what to call my problems, and I don't know if its related to my laptop, or the upgrade.

Firstly, when dragging an internet page up or down, using the mouse pad (buttons work fine), the bar doesn't release for a second or so. I know this may not sound bad, but as I move to click something or whatever, it moves my page all over as it still thinks I am dragging the page, so any help on that would be great.

Also, when I search on the internet, through google or whatever, a lot of the time, when I type, once I look what I have typed, the first letter is always at the end of the sentence, so again, any assistance on that would be great.

I am using a samsung laptop, although I can't see that being the problem, as these issues didn't happen while on windows 7

Thanks

:)

PLambert87, Dec 9, 2015
  2. Rexx0d0a Win User

Annoying issues after upgrading to Windows 10

I manage a network of 25 Windows 10 PCs on a peer-2-peer business network. Some annoying issues (with resolutions) I found after recent (Sep/Oct 2016) Windows 10 updates:

1. We have a Brother printer attached to each PC via USB, and we have one Brother printer attached to our Network.

After the recent Win 10 updates, all my users had their local printer disappear, replaced by the the printer attached to the network.

RESOLUTION: Un-plug network printer, un-install each PC's printer drivers/software, re-install and re-configure each printer. 25 PC's x about 20-30 minutes/PC was about 10 hours of work...thanks, Microsoft! My employees who are Apple fans find this very
    amusing.

2. I map network drives to G: and I: on all our computers, and some PC's come with lots of USB card slots, so I change these if they are originally assigned to G: or I: when setting up the PC.

The recent Win10 updates reset all the USB drive letters back to original, so many users lost access to our network drives.

RESOLUTION: Using DISK MANAGEMENT, I updated the USB drive letters back to something other than G: or I:...mapped drives are working again.

Rexx0d0a, Dec 9, 2015
  3. Issues since upgrading to Microsoft 10

I've just upgraded to Windows 10 and have had ongoing issues.

The first one was my wi fi access to the modem, which I have been able to correct myself.

The really annoying one is a new window seems like it is trying to open, I get a quick flash of it, and then it disappears. It happens the whole time I am switched on and it getting really annoying. I think this may have to do the ongoing issues I have been
    having.

Has anyone had this problem - how do I stop it from happening.

Since upgrading too I cant access the Auskey login to do our company accounts, it tells me the browser is not supported (only using internet explorer 11). I've read by having 10 it automatically uses 11??? I've tried downloading Firefox as it says its compatable
    but it still wont work!!! It doesn't like edge!! Grrrr new technology 2 annoying issues since upgrading to windows 10 Typing issues :)

Would appreciate any help you may be able to offer.

Nick Ritchie, Dec 9, 2015
  4. Kyhi Win User

2 annoying issues since upgrading to windows 10 Typing issues

It appears your Mouse Setting have Click Lock enabled...

go into control panel > mouse setting > and verify click lock is off..

Also a lot of times you can enable click-lock by clicking the center wheel of the mouse

Kyhi, Dec 9, 2015
  5. Thanks for the reply, unforunately, click lock is not enabled *Sad

Edit: Apparently my Synaptics settings are different, so it's sorted now, thank you very much!

PLambert87, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

2 annoying issues since upgrading to windows 10 Typing issues

1. 2 annoying issues since upgrading to windows 10 Typing issues - Similar Threads - annoying issues since

2. I'm filled with annoying issues since upgrading to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm filled with annoying issues since upgrading to Windows 11: Alright, I just give up, I'm fed up, I've been having all sorts of annoying issues since upgrading to Windows 11, please let me know if you can help with any of them. Need to knows first: New Windows 11 Pro version, upgraded from Windows 10, fully activated with retail key. I...
  3. I'm filled with annoying issues since upgrading to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm filled with annoying issues since upgrading to Windows 11: Alright, I just give up, I'm fed up, I've been having all sorts of annoying issues since upgrading to Windows 11, please let me know if you can help with any of them. Need to knows first: New Windows 11 Pro version, upgraded from Windows 10, fully activated with retail key. I...
  4. Typing issue on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Typing issue on Windows 10: Hi , I'm having typing issues with my pc windows 10, when start the pc I can't even enter my password as some letters, numbers, symbols get typed and other Not ! also some letters, numbers, symbols get repeated an typed by itself for so many repeat hundreds , when moving the...
  5. Windows update issue, since 2 months!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update issue, since 2 months!: [ATTACH]I can't update my windows, it shows error everytime0x80080005 and the update window hangs everytime I check for updates. I can't see the update history or go for the advanced options. Its a brand new HP Pavillion Notebook! Please help!...
  6. Annoying Windows 10 WiFi Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Annoying Windows 10 WiFi Issue: I'm having this really odd issue with WiFi on Windows 10.. I'm using WiFi in my uni dorm, i've brought my own access point so ive got my own WiFi set up essentially, but every so often windows shows as connected to the network but certain sites wont load, whilst this is...
  7. Typing issues with windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Typing issues with windows 10: I am having consistent problems for months now with my typing not showing up on the screen with Windows 10 system. I have to shut down and reload, and it stops anyway. This seems to be a common problem with other users?? WHY has no one addressed this or instructed how to fix?...
  8. Annoying sound issue after upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Annoying sound issue after upgrading to Windows 10: Hi everyone, since "upgrading" to Windows 10 (I have tons of different issues, this sound problem is only the most annoying one, so i really wouldn't call it an upgrade so far) I'm experiencing an incredibly annoying sound issue. Whenever I'm watching a video on Youtube in...
  9. Audio Latency Issues since upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Latency Issues since upgrading to Windows 10: I get crackles and delays in audio (when watching videos online as well as in files offline). I have tried reinstalling drivers and disabling audio enhancements but that hasn't helped. I've tried a tool called LatencyMon and it points to the network drivers. One of the...
  10. Annoying boot issue after upgrade to Windows 10 version 1511

in Windows 10 Support
    Annoying boot issue after upgrade to Windows 10 version 1511: I just upgraded my computer from the original Windows 10 to version 1511 today. I have an ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0. When Windows boots up, it used to be the ASUS logo and the dots spinning at the bottom would work correctly, like the screen would fade, then the screen would go...