Windows 10: 2 accounts on login but 1 in settings

Discus and support 2 accounts on login but 1 in settings in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi! I have had this issue for a long time now. When i turn my PC on and i am taken to the login, there is 2 accounts one being the right one and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ross111112222, Nov 9, 2022.

1. 2 accounts on login but 1 in settings

Hi! I have had this issue for a long time now. When i turn my PC on and i am taken to the login, there is 2 accounts one being the right one and the other i dont know. It always starts on the wrong one and i dont know what to do. There is only my main account in my accounts in settings, no family/work or school accounts are connected. I tried to run net user in CMD but there is still only mine however after restart there are still 2. Help me out please and thanks in advance!

:)

ross111112222, Nov 9, 2022
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Nov 9, 2022
  3. Ender Win User
    Setting the default input method for the Windows 10 login screen

I had the same question but with French being the default on Windows 10 rather than the one I wanted so I ended up here.

HoD is very close. I was able to use his suggestion to find the solution for me. This solution uses your current display and input language to change the Welcome screen and possible for new user accounts if you want. So make sure you have the display and input settings while logged in that you want to apply to the login screen before doing the steps:

1. Click the language on the Taskbar.
    2. Then click Language preferences.
    3. At the bottom under "Related settings," click "additional date, time, & regional settings" which opens the control panel
    4. Click the "Region" option
    5. Then go to the far right tab "Administrative". (HoD's step 2)
    6. In the "Welcome screen and new user accounts" click copy settings. (HoD's step 3)
    7. Tick "Welcome screen and system accounts" (and "new user accounts" if you want it to be applied to those as well). (HoD's step 4)
    8. Click Ok. (HoD's step 5)

I was able to use HoD's suggestion to find the solution here. It's for Windows 8.1, but works on 10 so far.

Hope it will help you, too!

Ender, Nov 9, 2022
  4. 2 accounts on login but 1 in settings

account login

Hi RAMNARACESOOKLAL56,

For the issue #1, you can follow these steps to make account #2 as your default profile in Windows 10:

1. Open Settings > Accounts > Sign in with a local account instead.
    2. Log out from the current profile (account #1), then log in with account #2.
    3. Go back to Settings > Account and make sure that the account is signed in to Microsoft.

We would like to know more about issue #2 to better help. Are you using the
    Messenger
    app from the Windows Store? If so, we suggest resetting the app itself. Here are the steps:

1. Go to Settings > Apps.
    2. Click on Messenger from the list of apps.
    3. Select Advanced options.
    4. Select Reset, then confirm.

To use your system image to restore your PC, make sure that your flash drive is inserted, open
    Settings > Update & recovery, Select Recovery on the left pane, under the Advanced startup section, click
    Restart now. When your PC restarts, go to Troubleshoot,
    Advanced Options, and then choose System image recovery.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Justine Pel, Nov 9, 2022
Thema:

2 accounts on login but 1 in settings

1. 2 accounts on login but 1 in settings - Similar Threads - accounts login settings

2. 2 KEY INTO 1 ACCOUNT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 KEY INTO 1 ACCOUNT: I bought a laptop recently which came with a windows 11 home version preinstalled into it. Then i bought a windows 11 pro retail key and activated it into my laptop with the same microsoft account. Will my account have 2 keys attached to it?...
  3. 2 KEY INTO 1 ACCOUNT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 KEY INTO 1 ACCOUNT: I bought a laptop recently which came with a windows 11 home version preinstalled into it. Then i bought a windows 11 pro retail key and activated it into my laptop with the same microsoft account. Will my account have 2 keys attached to it?...
  4. Set to monitor 1 and 2 missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set to monitor 1 and 2 missing: In background setting set to monitor 1 and 2 missing Only show set as background onlyWhen need set to monitor 1 and 2 show Unplug the cable from any screen and put the cable back inBut when restart pc set to monitor 1 and 2 missing again...
  5. 2 accounts on login but 1 in settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    2 accounts on login but 1 in settings: Hi! I have had this issue for a long time now. When i turn my PC on and i am taken to the login, there is 2 accounts one being the right one and the other i dont know. It always starts on the wrong one and i dont know what to do. There is only my main account in my accounts...
  6. 2 accounts on login but 1 in settings

2 accounts on login but 1 in settings: Hi! I have had this issue for a long time now. When i turn my PC on and i am taken to the login, there is 2 accounts one being the right one and the other i dont know. It always starts on the wrong one and i dont know what to do. There is only my main account in my accounts...
  7. 2 windows accounts on the 1 computer login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    2 windows accounts on the 1 computer login: Hello,Does anyone have experience with 2 microsoft accounts being signed in to the 1 computer login?we have a couple of old computers that are still being used and have both the old users microsoft account signed in locally, and the latest users account.is there any known...
  8. 2 users on 1 account

2 users on 1 account: Hi i dont know how to fix this but i am signed into my microsoft account and there are no other accounts to swap between but when i go to my files, this pc, users there is another account there that i cant get rid of. the account i cant get rid of is called guyv and it is...
  9. Setting monitor 2 as monitor 1

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting monitor 2 as monitor 1: Hello, I've recently got a two monitor setup on my Windows 10. I want to set my main monitor 144hz as monitor 1. Currently it is displayed as monitor 2. Is there a way to switch these monitors? I've set my 144hz monitor as my main display in the display settings....
  10. How to set up no pass login for 2 accounts on 1 computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to set up no pass login for 2 accounts on 1 computer: Hi, A couple days ago I did the upgrade to windows 10 from 7 for my parents on their computer. The way it was set up in Win 7, after startup you would see a screen with their 2 profile pics and it was easy to just click one and log in. Neither had a password to enter....