Windows 10: 100% Disk

Discus and support 100% Disk in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! At the start of the new year, my computer became very slow. I went into task manager and found that the disk is 100%. I have searched online for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LukeRicci, Jan 3, 2019.

1. LukeRicci Win User

100% Disk

Hello! At the start of the new year, my computer became very slow. I went into task manager and found that the disk is 100%. I have searched online for a solution and have attempted to fix it however it has proved unsuccessful.

This 100% disk is slowing my computer down significantly. I have an ASUS i7-7700 laptop that is about 3 years old. I ran my anti-virus, restarted the laptop, yet is has persisted for 3 days. How can I fix my disk? 100% Disk af43da6d-aaa0-4d1b-b44c-015191c5af3d?upload=true.png

:)

LukeRicci, Jan 3, 2019
  2. TimGrandt Win User

Clean install, disk usage at 100%

I've seen that article. and I am in fact not running that driver. I followed the steps and it does not appear in the list.

TimGrandt, Jan 3, 2019
  3. Allan Mej Win User
    Disk is always at 100%

Hi Richard,

Some bugs or disk drive errors may cause high disk utilization. If your task manager shows 100% disk utilization, you may need to optimize Windows by following these troubleshooting methods:

Disable Windows Search

Some bug in Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 causes some "search loop" that causes maximum utilization of your disk. To disable
    Windows Search, kindly follow these steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run.
    • Type services.msc and press Enter.
    • Scroll down to find Windows Search, right-click it, and select
      Properties.
    • Change the Startup type to Disabled and save the changes.

Disable Superfetch Service

Superfetch service has been identified as a possible cause of 100% disk utilization on Windows 10. To disable Superfetch service, kindly follow these steps:

• Press Windows + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type net.exe stop superfetch and press Enter.
    • Wait for a minute for the changes to apply and close the Command Prompt.

Let us know how things goes.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Jan 3, 2019
  4. 100% Disk

100% disk usage

The most common cause of 100% disk usage appears to be Superfetch and Prefetch, but there are also other causes. You can try disabling both these features and see if it helps.

This article provides steps to disable prefecth and superfetch:

-
    How to Fix 100% Disk Usage Error in Windows 10

Salman Patwegar, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

100% Disk

1. 100% Disk - Similar Threads - 100% Disk

2. Windows update stuck and 100%disk usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update stuck and 100%disk usage: Windows update stuck.100% disk usage. In both shutting down and restart "getting windows ready" for hours and then again stuck. I reset the windows and still after installing few updates the same problem persists. Kindly help to get out of this error...
  3. Windows update stuck and 100%disk usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update stuck and 100%disk usage: Windows update stuck.100% disk usage. In both shutting down and restart "getting windows ready" for hours and then again stuck. I reset the windows and still after installing few updates the same problem persists. Kindly help to get out of this error...
  4. Windows update stuck and 100%disk usage

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. 100% disk usage on one of my disks

100% disk usage on one of my disks: when it happens i expereince lag and in task manager is says 100% on 1 of them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/100-disk-usage-on-one-of-my-disks/22a18369-b954-431a-a057-304aa0252bcd
  6. 100% disk usage on one of my disks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100% disk usage on one of my disks: when it happens i expereince lag and in task manager is says 100% on 1 of them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/100-disk-usage-on-one-of-my-disks/22a18369-b954-431a-a057-304aa0252bcd
  7. Windows system uses near 100% disk after update to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows system uses near 100% disk after update to Windows 11: I have a fairly new PC purchased earlier this year which had windows 10 installed. It ran great until I updated to Windows 11. Now the Windows System takes up nearly 100% disk. It would be livable at startup, so I could boot and walk away for a few minutes until is was...
  8. Windows system uses near 100% disk after update to Windows 11

Windows system uses near 100% disk after update to Windows 11: I have a fairly new PC purchased earlier this year which had windows 10 installed. It ran great until I updated to Windows 11. Now the Windows System takes up nearly 100% disk. It would be livable at startup, so I could boot and walk away for a few minutes until is was...
  9. 100% disk usage caused by windows “system” process

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100% disk usage caused by windows “system” process: When I am doing basically anything on my computer, all of a sudden the computer stops responding. In task manager it’s the windows process named “system” that’s using very much of the disk and causing 100% disk usage. As I mentioned, this happens completely randomly even with...
  10. 100% disk usage caused by windows “system” process

100% disk usage caused by windows “system” process: When I am doing basically anything on my computer, all of a sudden the computer stops responding. In task manager it’s the windows process named “system” that’s using very much of the disk and causing 100% disk usage. As I mentioned, this happens completely randomly even with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. high disk usage too many services in windows 10

2. what software will fix 100% disc