Windows 10: 100% disk usage whenever i open games, or heavy applications

Discus and support 100% disk usage whenever i open games, or heavy applications in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; pc- asus vivobook x540uar ram- 8gb graphics- intel hd graphics 620 i5 10th gen i used to run heavy applications and games like velorant, android... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by zubeensaud, Feb 10, 2021.

1. 100% disk usage whenever i open games, or heavy applications

pc- asus vivobook x540uar

ram- 8gb

graphics- intel hd graphics 620

i5 10th gen

i used to run heavy applications and games like velorant, android studio, far cry games, etc on my laptop....it may lag at high graphics, by applications used to run smoothly at low graphics........but from the beginning of the moth of february, the system has started to lag a lot and most of time it is due to high disk usage by systemreaches up to 99% , resulting a lot of screen shuttering and freezing...i used a lot of solutions mention on other threads on the community and also youtube but none worked.....i even reseted my laptop and reinstalled windows but same issue. also memory useage also increaes a lot when disk usage reaches 100%

i m thing that perhaps the disk is not working/functioning properly, but i seems to be working fine except during the time of high disk usage

are there any solutions or i should consider gettting a new disk drive or a ssd for my laptop....

:)

zubeensaud, Feb 10, 2021
  2. Jose Est Win User

100% disk usage and memory usage

Hi,

100% disk usage and memory usage can be caused by a software corruption, running application running on the background and malware or virus infection.

For us to properly isolate the issue and provide an appropriate resolution, kindly answer the questions below:

• Did the issue happen after installing the Fall Creators?
    • Did you receive any error messages?
    • Can you send us the screenshot of the Task Manager showing the 100% disk usage and memory usage?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

For isolation purposes, please perform a clean boot to see if the same issue will occur. Refer to this
    article for more information on how to perform a clean boot
    in Windows.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Feb 10, 2021
  3. How to solve 100 % disk usage in windows 10 after fall update?

Hi Manikanteswara,

Usually, a virus could be the main cause of 100% disk usage. The first step in rectifying the problem is to check your disk usages. You need to open the Task Manager and take a look at your disk usages to identify the programs or applications that are causing
    your hard disk 100% usage. Here's how:

• Type task manager in the Windows search bar and select the best match.
    • In the Processes tab, look at the disk process to see what is causing your hard disk 100% usage.

Kindly send a screenshot, so I can take a closer look.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Aileen Alf, Feb 10, 2021
  4. 100% disk usage whenever i open games, or heavy applications

100% disk usage on Lenovo Windows 10

Looks like part of your screenshot above is missing.

My system -

100% disk usage whenever i open games, or  heavy applications [​IMG]

As mentioned above, you can add additional columns to the list of processes by right-clicking on any column header.

I would suggest adding Disk Reads and Disk Writes from the Process Disk tab

You should be able to identify which process or processes are heavy disk I/O users.

Should look like this (when sorted by clicking on a column header) -

100% disk usage whenever i open games, or  heavy applications [​IMG]

OldNavyGuy, Feb 10, 2021
Thema:

100% disk usage whenever i open games, or heavy applications

1. 100% disk usage whenever i open games, or heavy applications - Similar Threads - 100% disk usage

2. GPU usage 100% in any game or application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPU usage 100% in any game or application: Six months after the purchase laptop showed itself perfectly, but a week ago problem with the discrete began. By launching any game or application, the GPU loads under 100%. Here, I launch GTA San Andreas 2005 and after 5 minutes the discrete jumps under 100%. Moreover, it's...
  3. My disk usage rises to 50-100% whenever I open anything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My disk usage rises to 50-100% whenever I open anything: Hello everyone, for the past few days, I've been having a problem with my disk usage. Whenever I launch an app or a game, doesn't matter whether its on my SSD or HDD, my disk usage will spike to 100%, however, if I go onto something, such as google, my disk will be very high...
  4. Disk Usage 100% when I open an app

Disk Usage 100% when I open an app: I've had this issue for almost a year now and i've tried everything online. The disk usage spikes very high when I open an app and while an app is open it runs at about 20% Things I've tried: I've disabled superfetch I've disabled windows search I've disabled windows...
  5. Disk Usage 100% whenever i open something or do something.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk Usage 100% whenever i open something or do something.: Like the caption says, everytime i open a program or uninstall a program the disk usage rises up to 100% and im pretty sure it's like that when i talk on discord and play games too. I tried disabling the search and sysmain i tried updating windows (although it keeps showing...
  6. Disk usage 100% when i open anything

Disk usage 100% when i open anything: I have a gaming laptop with 2 disk drives, the second one has all my games and other stuff on it cause it has the most space, and when i open anything off of that hard drive the hard drive goes to 100% usage and lags out till it "disconnects". When the hard drive disconnects...
  7. Heavy disk usage

Heavy disk usage: Disk at 100, system using 70-80%. It’s trying to update windows. It stalls. I open trouble shooter, it stalls and keeps loading forever. Restarted it, shut down and on multiple times. Please help submitted by /u/7sevenheaven [link] [comments]...
  8. 100% disk usage when gaming

100% disk usage when gaming: [ATTACH] Hello, I know that there are a ton of postings about this but i have been trying to get rid of this problem for half a year now. When playing games that were located on my hdd, my hdd it used to randomly jump to 100% usage. As of late, my ssd gets to 100% usage...
  9. 100% disk usage when gaming

100% disk usage when gaming: Hello, I have this problem for half a year now. When playing games, my hdd jumps to 100% but it also happens to my ssd if the game is downloaded there. Makes it impossible to game. Game freezes, System freezes, game sound bugged etc. I have this problem for half a year now....
  10. Pagefile.sys 100% disk usage (read) on certain applications / games

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pagefile.sys 100% disk usage (read) on certain applications / games: i dunno whats happened all of a sudden. but after doing the recent windows 10 update (Major update) most of the games i play and applications i use are now becoming unusable! certain games and or applications are going to 100% disk usage which cripples performance until i...