Windows 10: 100 Disk Usage then crash/freeze

Discus and support 100 Disk Usage then crash/freeze in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; CPU IntelR CoreTM i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz Disk Intel Optane+ 1,8TBHDDGpu geforcetgtx 1060 6gbRam 8gb only 1 stick My computer randomly goes to 100 disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by asfand hussain, Jul 8, 2022.

1. 100 Disk Usage then crash/freeze

CPU IntelR CoreTM i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz Disk Intel Optane+ 1,8TBHDDGpu geforcetgtx 1060 6gbRam 8gb only 1 stick My computer randomly goes to 100 disk eventhough nothing is taking it i try to install windows updates but they keep giving me error like 0x800f0922 0x800f0900and alot more errors i try sfc scan now does nothing even dism health check i want to download restoro but to much money i really wanna fix my pc please help Also another problem is that windows update 20H2 never installs and it has failed 7+ times it takes my cpu and disk and i cannot disable windows update in services m

:)

asfand hussain, Jul 8, 2022
  2. Atharv P Win User

Windows 10 100% disk usage

Hello

I have a laptop running Windows 10 Pro. A few weeks ago due to an accident, my laptop hard a hard crash and afterwards, Windows 10 started to get very slow, frequent crashes, freezing, programs not opening etc. Though I was able to fix Windows 10 by running
    chkdsk, DISM and sfc /scannow multiple times, the problem is that my laptop is still very slow and freezes frequently as before and in Task Manager, the disk usage is always at 100%, even if I am not running any programs. I have tried all listed ways on internet
    such as - disabling windows search, disabling superfetch, malware scan etc and the problem persists. This problem also happens in clean and safe boot. Upon running chkdsk, it shows 876 kb in bad sectors. I suspect that my HDD has probably gone bad due to the
    impact. Please suggest some solutions to resolve 100% disk usage problem.

Specs -

HP laptop

i5- 8250u

8 GB RAM

Windows 10 Pro

Atharv P, Jul 8, 2022
  3. 100% disk usage

The most common cause of 100% disk usage appears to be Superfetch and Prefetch, but there are also other causes. You can try disabling both these features and see if it helps.

This article provides steps to disable prefecth and superfetch:

-
    How to Fix 100% Disk Usage Error in Windows 10

Salman Patwegar, Jul 8, 2022
  4. Jose Est Win User

100 Disk Usage then crash/freeze

100% disk usage and memory usage

Hi,

100% disk usage and memory usage can be caused by a software corruption, running application running on the background and malware or virus infection.

For us to properly isolate the issue and provide an appropriate resolution, kindly answer the questions below:

• Did the issue happen after installing the Fall Creators?
    • Did you receive any error messages?
    • Can you send us the screenshot of the Task Manager showing the 100% disk usage and memory usage?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

For isolation purposes, please perform a clean boot to see if the same issue will occur. Refer to this
    article for more information on how to perform a clean boot
    in Windows.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Jul 8, 2022
Thema:

100 Disk Usage then crash/freeze

1. 100 Disk Usage then crash/freeze - Similar Threads - 100 Disk Usage

2. RAID causing 100% disk usage freeze?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RAID causing 100% disk usage freeze?: Hello,I installed two Sata HDD Drives in Raid 0, so I had to switch from AHCI to Raid. Therefore I did a clean install with the latest windows versions and raid drivers 2.20.1937 using RAID_NVMe_DID. Every single time I end up with a clean systems randomly freezing with 100%...
  3. RAID causing 100% disk usage freeze?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RAID causing 100% disk usage freeze?: Hello,I installed two Sata HDD Drives in Raid 0, so I had to switch from AHCI to Raid. Therefore I did a clean install with the latest windows versions and raid drivers 2.20.1937 using RAID_NVMe_DID. Every single time I end up with a clean systems randomly freezing with 100%...
  4. 100 Disk Usage then crash/freeze

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    100 Disk Usage then crash/freeze: CPU IntelR CoreTM i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz Disk Intel Optane+ 1,8TBHDDGpu geforcetgtx 1060 6gbRam 8gb only 1 stickVersion 1709 i try upgrade it to 1909 does not work My computer randomly goes to 100 disk eventhough nothing is taking it i try to install windows updates but they...
  5. 100 Disk Usage then crash/freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100 Disk Usage then crash/freeze: CPU IntelR CoreTM i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz Disk Intel Optane+ 1,8TBHDDGpu geforcetgtx 1060 6gbRam 8gb only 1 stick My computer randomly goes to 100 disk eventhough nothing is taking it i try to install windows updates but they keep giving me error like 0x800f0922 0x800f0900and...
  6. PC freezes due to 100% disk usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC freezes due to 100% disk usage: recently my computer has been freezing due to 100% disk usage, which then leads me to hard restart my PC every time. this can happen a few times a day and it's super annoying. every time im frozen , I look at my task manager on my second monitor and it's just 100% on disk. I...
  7. 100% disk usage causing constant freezing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100% disk usage causing constant freezing: So I’ve had this issue for around a year and a half where I get 100% disk usage on either my ssd or my hard drive, and it causes applications to freeze for 1-30 seconds, it happens constantly and have tried many things to fix it(reset virtual memory, disabled windows...
  8. Random freezes / 100% disk usage on win10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Random freezes / 100% disk usage on win10: Hello everybody, so recently I have been getting trouble with some random freezes on my pc. The first thing I noticed when I took a look into the task manager was the usual disk usage of 1-2% spiked up to 100% for about 5-15 seconds. Usually this happens every 3-15 minutes....
  9. Disk Usage 100% and Frequent Freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk Usage 100% and Frequent Freezes: So I'm getting this Disk Usage 100% since about a month for about 5 - 10 mins after bootup and randomly. Computer is completely unusable during this times. No process is consuming disk resources (0% I/O) . I've tried everything on the internet except Clean installing windows....
  10. 100% Disk usage freeze

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    100% Disk usage freeze: I got a problem on my Disk 0 (Seagate SSHD) it goes 100% randomly and freezes the whole pc i can still move the cursor but it wont register when i click but after a while it register it is more noticable when copying large files but when i open the pc and reconnect the Power...